The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

13 minutes ago, Zeppelin said:

Then why release it at all? I keep hearing about how it had to release in order to drum up renewed interest for the tour, but that's just a random guess as to why they would release something that was reworked from 20 years ago.

I could understand your logic if we're going back to the release of OMG. But the circumstances are completely different here.

The tracks were clearly intended to be released in order to promote certain parts of the tour. Going by comments by Slash that was what was intended to happen this year as well, although as we all know nobody from GNR should ever say they think something is gonna happen because Axl will just make them look like an asshole by not following through.

35 minutes ago, Zeppelin said:

Then why release it at all? I keep hearing about how it had to release in order to drum up renewed interest for the tour, but that's just a random guess as to why they would release something that was reworked from 20 years ago.

I could understand your logic if we're going back to the release of OMG. But the circumstances are completely different here.

maybe simply cause Axl wanted to release it and thought it was a good idea to keep things interesting during a tour if he had a couple of "new" songs to perform live. He did say he enjoys singing the Chinese material the most that one time and it's a song he wanted to release for a while.

I get the sense that he's doing it more for himself and less for us when he releases another track from that era and I'm also guessing that he's aware that the Chinese stuff is not going to generate a staggering amount of interest or make money like Gn'R did in the past so maybe he's doing it cause it's already completed and he likes the material and occasionally wants to release some of it or maybe a full album in the future but considering how long it's been since the reunion, there is no rush to release anything.

Edited by Rovim

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Are people really expecting GNR to act like a normal band if they release an album? The "album" that will just be a compilation of years-old singles?

They'll probably never release another music video - their last one was released almost 30 years ago. (Or 23 years ago if you count Live Era). Any album that gets released will likely have the same amount of promo as Absurd and Hardschool, Slash will talk about it in a few interviews but Axl won't do anything.

Thinking they'll act like RHCP when they release an album is just... absurd. 

There's no place for rock videos on the current rock / hard rock scene, it's just a waste of money.

To me, the fact that we will have any, and I mean, ANY recycled track is absurd! No pun intended!

Release everything new and let the ChiDem leftovers to b-sides or the ChiDem anniversary.

And also, where's the UYI boxset? Another empty promisse?

I just hope that when we hear the official versions of the gems like Soul Monster and The General, that the mixes are not awful. Hard Skool and Absurd make me a little nervous in that regard. That 2021 "EP" seems to have been sort of a thing that slipped by the label, where they just slapped their name on it. I'd hope that an actual album will be mixed in a respectable fashion like the 2008 album was, though, I wish the 2008 album has the bass guitar turned up 1 or 2 decibels. But that's just me. :)

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I just hope that when we hear the official versions of the gems like Soul Monster and The General, that the mixes are not awful. Hard Skool and Absurd make me a little nervous in that regard. That 2021 "EP" seems to have been sort of a thing that slipped by the label, where they just slapped their name on it. I'd hope that an actual album will be mixed in a respectable fashion like the 2008 album was, though, I wish the 2008 album has the bass guitar turned up 1 or 2 decibels. But that's just me. :)

Definitely... the village leaks prove this... Tommy's bass is insane.. the album version has little to no bass at all... tragic!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, El Guapo said:

With that logic, you must prefer every Dream Theater song over everything GnR ever did.

I don’t consider complexity the only way to measure a song’s artisanship. Dream Theather don’t fit my taste. Rush does, though. 

6 hours ago, Legendador said:

There's no place for rock videos on the current rock / hard rock scene, it's just a waste of money.

To me, the fact that we will have any, and I mean, ANY recycled track is absurd! No pun intended!

Release everything new and let the ChiDem leftovers to b-sides or the ChiDem anniversary.

And also, where's the UYI boxset? Another empty promisse?

They threw together a 30-second montage to announce Hardschool, I don't think it would've cost them a lot of money to make a full video like this. They record all their shows and could've got whoever edits the Selects to do a live video.

But instead they waited a few months to release a lyric video... :shrugs:

As far as new music, it seems like it will only be CD leftovers. Slash said last year(?) they haven't written any new songs.

Edited by Gordon Comstock
  • Like 4

On 8/3/2022 at 7:22 PM, SoulMonster said:

The GN'R discography has plenty of crude lyrics. I don't get the reaction to Absurd.

Yeah, and they're all ridiculed, and rightfully so. I don't hear anyone praising One In A Million's lyricism that often. Or Get In The Ring's, or My World's. Or insert whichever other song has crude and/or awful lyrics. I'm sure Absurd fits into that category as well.

Other songs have crude lyrics and are labeled that way. Absurd included. The reaction is fairly normal.

• Like 1

I got a press release and media invitation for the Brazilian leg of the tour. It's kinda funny how they say the band is touring behind the Hard Skool EP, but mention that Slash said "in recent interviews" that new music is coming. Obviously this has nothing to do with the band itself, it's more about the company (kinda like Ticketmaster), but it got me some chuckles. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

They threw together a 30-second montage to announce Hardschool, I don't think it would've cost them a lot of money to make a full video like this. They record all their shows and could've got whoever edits the Selects to do a live video.

But instead they waited a few months to release a lyric video... :shrugs:

As far as new music, it seems like it will only be CD leftovers. Slash said last year(?) they haven't written any new songs.

You got me on that video thing!

I don't care about Chi Dem leftovers, I just want them, to buy back Crash Diet and release it properly LMAO

1 hour ago, gavgnr said:

Was Slosh referring to the Hardskool EP when he said new music was coming? Stands a chance. Maybe that’s all we’re gonna get. A final fuck you to all the downloading mutha fukkaz 🤣🤣🤣

No, he specifically mentioned there'd be new stuff at the start of the summer tour this year. 

• Haha 1

On 8/4/2022 at 8:18 PM, bumcheecksmcghee said:

Definitely... the village leaks prove this... Tommy's bass is insane.. the album version has little to no bass at all... tragic!

I only notice bass in If The World on the album, and probably because Pitman wanted it heard since he plays bass on that track, if I'm not wrong.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ssiscool said:

Or any of the chi-dem stuff. It's like je cant be bothered with it as its not his

he can't be bothered with his own material as well if you define can't be bothered with it as taking a lot of time to work on it, it's just not that type of guitar player imo. I like his work especially on Absurd, even though I think when he had a chance to perform it live a few times it already sounded better.

his work in HS is kinda what you'd expect from him now in the first part of the song with the verse riff and main solo, both are pretty by the numbers Slash, even if the riff works for the song imo, and then the highlight for me is his simple, melodic slide solo in the bridge. 

we only heard 2 reworked tracks. Slash said he worked on a lot of Chinese tunes, so he could have added great shit to it, but yeah he doesn't really take the time to nail it that much anymore it seems.

5 minutes ago, Rovim said:

he can't be bothered with his own material as well

he doesn't really take the time to nail it that much anymore it seems.

Check out Nightrain from Argentina 93. His solo on there is more improv than actual song. It's like he's bored of the material. His solo shows had better playing than I've seen in a long time off him

3 minutes ago, ssiscool said:

Check out Nightrain from Argentina 93. His solo on there is more improv than actual song. It's like he's bored of the material. His solo shows had better playing than I've seen in a long time off him

I like his Nightrain Argentina '93 solo. I'm just saying that we only got to hear 2 songs from probably a pretty big number of songs Slash has worked on so who knows? maybe it's good stuff.

I don't hear a vast difference between the quality of his work on Absurd and HS to what he came up with in his latest Conspirators album (which I like) but the live versions are so much better than the studio versions imo, so that was kinda my point, that it's not about being bored of the Chinese material, maybe Slash just likes to work on it fast and improvises in the studio instead of laboring over a specific piece of music which is what he alluded to in his latest interviews about Con 4.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

We’re gonna see another Conspirators record before we see another GNR single, aren’t we?

I assumed that SMKC would be a thing of the past after the GN'R reunion was announced. I had no idea that this band would be his creative outlet between the various GN'R tours. 

SMKC5&6 will happen before GnR7. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • ABSUЯD 1