The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

1 hour ago, rumandraisin said:

Interesting when he says he would want to release more music under the gnr name, whether Slash and duff were on it was another question. That would have been such a bizarre move if that'd happened around 2016 and suggests he wanted to put cd2 out around then or had plans to, as we know he was working on it in 2015

I'd love for them to have dropped CD2 without Slash and Duff since it was long overdue anyways then focus on a follow-up with them, which would likely still include some CD era material since Axl said they had 2.5 albums worth of material in 2006, and he also said they worked on stuff after the 2008 album dropped.

• Like 1

I think they have finally done it.

7 years of a Reunion  equalling just 7 minutes of "New-ish" music, 

coupled with Axl's vocals sounding more like Herbert the Pervert from Family Guy,  has destroyed the online community.

The forums are graveyards. 

It's not ending the way we all hoped. But I think it is finally ending. 

Good luck with fairweather soccer mom bon Jovi fans Axl, very soon that and Team Brazil will be the only fans you have left.

Edited by RedHook
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, RedHook said:

7 years of a Reunion equalling just 7 minutes of "New-ish" music, 

coupled with Axl's vocals sounding more like Herbert the Pervert from Family Guy,  has destroyed the online community.

Good luck with fairweather soccer mom bon Jovi fans Axl, very soon that and Team Brazil will be the only fans you have left.

I think Gn'R have a good few years on the road, still. Lots and lots of tours could be possible.

26 minutes ago, Rovim said:

I think Gn'R have a good few years on the road, still. Lots and lots of tours could be possible.

The band's next move: Re-issue a re-recorded CD (Same 14 songs on the album, plus OMG as a bonus downloadable song) with the current lineup and tour it for 5 years.

4 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

The band's next move: Re-issue a re-recorded CD (Same 14 songs on the album, plus OMG as a bonus downloadable song) with the current lineup and tour it for 5 years.

With the correct artwork, I actually wouldn’t mind that. Of course, a double album release with slash and duff adding their parts over CD1 & CD2 would be sublime

1 hour ago, RedHook said:

7 years of a Reunion  equalling just 7 minutes of "New-ish" music, 

it s getting dark in here

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

If they're just gonna drop singles over the next few years and then release a compilation, will people even consider it a 'new album'? It will basically be another Greatest Hits type of release, except none of the songs will be hits... :lol:

I think a certain cool feeling of hearing a full album from start to finish on one sitting is going to be lost. But we still don't know what all the songs Axl wants to release sounds like.

could be that Absurd and HS were the lower tiered tunes. We do know that none of the songs will be hits or practically know, but if most of the tunes are good, it's still better than nothing or even 1 "big gun" that may exist that we haven't heard yet.

but technically it's not a compliation if it's all "new" material.

19 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

If they're just gonna drop singles over the next few years and then release a compilation, will people even consider it a 'new album'? It will basically be another Greatest Hits type of release, except none of the songs will be hits... :lol:

That would have worked with a new single per month and strong material. Now, that's just another ship that has sailed into the darkness.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, gavgnr said:

With the correct artwork, I actually wouldn’t mind that. Of course, a double album release with slash and duff adding their parts over CD1 & CD2 would be sublime

3 hours ago, Sweersa said:

You're on some hard drugs I guess