The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

3 hours ago, gavgnr said:

With the correct artwork, I actually wouldn’t mind that. Of course, a double album release with slash and duff adding their parts over CD1 & CD2 would be sublime

In my ideal world, a proper release of CD 1 and 2 with artwork with the best of Robin and Buckethead left in the mixes, add some Slash and Duff and tour it for a few years.

Then, use what they had for CD3 for the 8th album, add actual new songs created and recorded by the current lineup for an actual new album. 

The above sounds like a lot, but they would just need to (minimally) touch CD2, which has been done for several years, and complete however much of CD3 was done, then add half a dozen or so actual new songs. 

• Like 1

The current tour will end in December. This means that a new album is out of the question for 2022. They will probably extend this tour through 2023 and 2024. 

My bet for a new album is 2025 at the earliest.

Edited by Sosso
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rovim said:

I think a certain cool feeling of hearing a full album from start to finish on one sitting is going to be lost. But we still don't know what all the songs Axl wants to release sounds like.

could be that Absurd and HS were the lower tiered tunes. We do know that none of the songs will be hits or practically know, but if most of the tunes are good, it's still better than nothing or even 1 "big gun" that may exist that we haven't heard yet.

but technically it's not a compliation if it's all "new" material.

If it's got Absurd and Hardschool, it can't be all 'new' material. If they're dropping singles every year or two, by the time there's enough songs to compile into an album then some of those songs will probably be 5 years old...

I'd like to be wrong, and Absurd and Hardschool might end up being bonus tracks, but it will be disappointing if there's not at least a couple unknown songs on their next record. It was a similar scenario with CD, but those songs had 'only' been floating around for 2-3 years (at most) before the album was released. (not including the live performances in '01-02 obviously).

4 hours ago, Sweersa said:

The band's next move: Re-issue a re-recorded CD (Same 14 songs on the album, plus OMG as a bonus downloadable song) with the current lineup and tour it for 5 years.

I know you are CD-Daft but even this idea is crazy! I actually can’t imagine the reaction from the public if they actually did this! 🤣

4 hours ago, gavgnr said:

With the correct artwork, I actually wouldn’t mind that. Of course, a double album release with slash and duff adding their parts over CD1 & CD2 would be sublime

A CD reissue with correct artwork- that would be cool but going back and mucking about with that…..not for me. CD2 though? Overdub away!

1 hour ago, DTJ80 said:

I know you are CD-Daft but even this idea is crazy! I actually can’t imagine the reaction from the public if they actually did this!

It was a joke on my part to highlight how poorly this band operates. It wouldn't surprise me if they did it, I wouldn't want it, but they do what they do.

There is still a possibility for debuting new songs on the second leg of the tour starting next month. 

If not, the plans have entirely changed and it might be very bad news. 

Or is there a small chance that they have recorded something entirely new based on the reception of the Absurd/Hard skool single. Most fans think hardskool is a good song, but even we are messing about the old vocals and stuff..

18 hours ago, Sweersa said:

It was a joke on my part to highlight how poorly this band operates. It wouldn't surprise me if they did it, I wouldn't want it, but they do what they do.

Ahh - I have clearly dodged all signs of a joke. 🤣

• Haha 1

On 8/10/2022 at 7:26 PM, El Guapo said:

That would have worked with a new single per month and strong material. Now, that's just another ship that has sailed into the darkness.

as recent red hot chilli peppers and foo fighters songs have proven, they dont even need to be strong material, just excellent promotion and marketing! 

50 minutes ago, smokingarthur said:

I love the Chili Peppers and I wasn’t to keen on the album at first as I use BTW and Californication as setting the bar. But it’s solid, it is an honest album that is enjoyable and easy to listen to. Unlike the abomination that CD turned into.

It’s always exciting to be a Chili Peppers fan as the merchandise is great, band interaction is good and they actually make music and sound incredible live. 

This, a GnR album comparable to the latest Chili Peppers one would be great.

But we won't get that. Even if they do release something, we know it will be a frankensteined mess of old ass vocals, songs that half the members have no connection to, etc., etc. 

Chili Peppers, new music = the real deal.

GnR = meh.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

This, a GnR album comparable to the latest Chili Peppers one would be great.

But we won't get that. Even if they do release something, we know it will be a frankensteined mess of old ass vocals, songs that half the members have no connection to, etc., etc. 

Chili Peppers, new music = the real deal.

GnR = meh.

I remember when I was a teen and bought, at the same time, that Metallica Boxset (Live, Binge and Purge), Guns' VHS for the Tokyo Dome and Skid Row's Oh Can Yo Say Scream.

SKID ROW was WILD

METALLICA was great, grandiose

But compared to those 2 materials, the Tokyo Dome was just "meh".

• Like 3
  • ABSUЯD 1

Can you imagine owning a business where whatever product you put out and with whatever cost you like (within a certain level of reason) would instantly be snapped up by tens/hundreds of thousands of consumers. BUT, for some unknown reason, you decide not to. 

How fucked up would that be??

1 hour ago, gavgnr said:

Can you imagine owning a business where whatever product you put out and with whatever cost you like (within a certain level of reason) would instantly be snapped up by tens/hundreds of thousands of consumers. BUT, for some unknown reason, you decide not to. 

How fucked up would that be??

That happen when you have family running the business.

1 hour ago, gavgnr said:

whatever product you put out and with whatever cost you like (within a certain level of reason) would instantly be snapped up by tens/hundreds of thousands of consumers

Is that still true for GNR though? I really doubt tens of thousands of people bought the Hardschool single or UYI anniversary shirts/sweatpants. The Locked N Loaded set had to be heavily discounted and was broken down into individual items.

Their last chance to capitalize on album sales was 2016. Even if it was CD leftovers or a covers album, it would've done respectable numbers because of the reunion hype. A live album would've done relatively well if it had been released for christmas 2016.

• Like 2