The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

4 hours ago, Its Tino said:

Bahahaha now you’re projecting. Classic deflection lol. 

You were clearly so mad that you had to butt in. Just let it go, Tibo. It's just a forum.

38 minutes ago, Towelie said:

I'd love to hear from Axl just one time as to why he refuses to write new songs with the current band. I'd legitimately be intrigued to see how he'd answer that question.

Purely speculation, but maybe they're afraid to find out the magic is gone. They're different people now compared to back in the day, they might be over their creative peak as songwriters, they don't have Izzy around anymore who was very crucial, and it's likely impossible to come up with something as good as AFD and UYI, so there might be a lot of pressure there.

6 hours ago, Towelie said:

I'd love to hear from Axl just one time as to why he refuses to write new songs with the current band. I'd legitimately be intrigued to see how he'd answer that question.

If someone told me Axl and Slash have never spent time together outside of the concerts in the past six years, I'd believe it.

1 hour ago, Gackt said:

If someone told me Axl and Slash have never spent time together outside of the concerts in the past six years, I'd believe it.

I would say that this is as much of a guarantee as we'll ever get in the GNR world.

• Like 1

On 8/15/2022 at 3:25 PM, Legendador said:

I don't know if you guys noticed, but we are starting to sound like a broken record and to walk in circles within this forum.

We are just obessing over something that's not real.

It's been a longer period between CHI DEM and this "new record" than the period between UYI and CHI DEM. And look how bummed out we are for to recycled songs that are at least subpar if compared to the rest. But at least back them we had something to look for.

As soon as Axl or the band starts to seriously talk about a new album we'll still wait for non less than 3 to 4 years for it to come out.

There's nothing out there folks!

With that sentence struck through, this post could have been copy pasted from any time in this forum's history, other than like 3-4 months in 2008 :lol:

The issue may be something blatantly obvious: there are no strong tracks to carry an album nor is any of the material approachable to the wretched masses. On top of there probably just not being enough completed material with vocals to fit on an album. 

I believe that most of the supposed 2.5 albums of material Axl claimed to have in 2006 is accounted for. I doubt all of that material has been finalized. Many of the tracks might sit in limbo for years until someone outside of Axl’s circle is granted permission to be the gatekeeper. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, smokingarthur said:

The issue may be something blatantly obvious: there are no strong tracks to carry an album nor is any of the material approachable to the wretched masses. On top of there probably just not being enough completed material with vocals to fit on an album. 

I believe that most of the supposed 2.5 albums of material Axl claimed to have in 2006 is accounted for. I doubt all of that material has been finalized. Many of the tracks might sit in limbo for years until someone outside of Axl’s circle is granted permission to be the gatekeeper. 

Yeah, they got nothing great finished. And Axl doesn't want to do anything new.

Must be a really bad situation for Slash and Duff. If they speak up it could end tomorrow and they love their GnR money.

If they continue to be Axl's bitches they have to live with this situation forever.

It ain't easy. :D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

Yeah, they got nothing great finished. And Axl doesn't want to do anything new.

Must be a really bad situation for Slash and Duff. If they speak up it could end tomorrow and they love their GnR money.

If they continue to be Axl's bitches they have to live with this situation forever.

It ain't easy. :D

From this tour they must've made more money than they'll ever need though. 

2 hours ago, smokingarthur said:

The reality is once he's gone we'll get new music. 

2 hours ago, smokingarthur said:

I think it’s a combo of this and a lack of need. Recording is a loss leader at this point, and mostly exists to justify touring. Especially for a legacy act like GNR. A new album isn’t going to meaningfully increase ticket sales, but it will cost millions to make. GNR can tour forever on their name and back catalog without making a new album. Sure, the people checking this dead band’s message birds every day want new music, but Guns put out two new tracks last year and precisely nobody gave a fuck. Why spend millions on an album that’ll get the same reaction, when all the concert-going fans want are Jungle, Sweet Child, and Paradise City anyway?

• Like 1

I’ve said this before on here… but for me it is about legacy and respect. If GnR never release another album my respect for them will be low, and their legacy will be essentially 2 albums which is very poor. If they release another album even if it is average I will respect them for trying, and their legacy could be protected from being perceived to be sell outs.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ToonGuns said:

I’ve said this before on here… but for me it is about legacy and respect. If GnR never release another album my respect for them will be low, and their legacy will be essentially 2 albums which is very poor. If they release another album even if it is average I will respect them for trying, and their legacy could be protected from being perceived to be sell outs.

This is your opinion. Fact is their legacy has already been established.  At this point, they could only add to it. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, axlslash said:

I think it’s a combo of this and a lack of need. Recording is a loss leader at this point, and mostly exists to justify touring. Especially for a legacy act like GNR. A new album isn’t going to meaningfully increase ticket sales, but it will cost millions to make. GNR can tour forever on their name and back catalog without making a new album. Sure, the people checking this dead band’s message birds every day want new music, but Guns put out two new tracks last year and precisely nobody gave a fuck. Why spend millions on an album that’ll get the same reaction, when all the concert-going fans want are Jungle, Sweet Child, and Paradise City anyway?

Realistically most of the moneys been spent already for the CD sessions. I gather most of the arrangements that have been created in that time are still present and accessible. Integrating Slash and Duff SHOULDN'T after all be so costly.

I imagine you are referring to promotion and what have you which can for some artists, exceed the costs of creation. Obviously in the case of GNR that would be impossible at this point as an astronomical amount of money has been spent already.

You are right that no matter what GNR release at this point, especially CD rejects will be glossed over by the general population and in effect, it would be a loss leader. GNR’s original 4 albums were so impactful that their legacy will endure regardless of whether or not they ever release another single solitary track.  

• Like 1

On 8/10/2022 at 4:19 PM, Bono said:

I still don't believe they are ever gonna release a full album

I don’t either. They are too old and don’t care. The singles flopped and didn’t even get played on classic rock radio.

Maybe we will get a few more singles that are leftovers and that’s all we can hope for

• Like 2

7 hours ago, El Guapo said:

These are silly comments. Duff and Slash might want to record new music, but if Axl doesn't, then that doesn't mean anyone is someone else's bitch. You can't force someone to do something they don't want to do. Both Duff and Slash seem to really enjoy being back in Guns N' Roses and performing in front of packed stadiums and arenas. They fulfill their itch to write with other projects, whether it's soundtracks, Conspirators, Ozzy's record, solo stuff, etc. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I don’t either. They are too old and don’t care. The singles flopped and didn’t even get played on classic rock radio.

Maybe we will get a few more singles that are leftovers and that’s all we can hope for

Where I live, classic rock stations don't play new songs from "classic rock" bands. They don't even play most old songs in a band's catalog. It's basically a rotation of 3-5 of each band's biggest songs. 

Edited by GnR Chris
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Draguns said:

This is your opinion. Fact is their legacy has already been established.  At this point, they could only add to it. 

Of course it’s my opinion.

I even opened my comment with “for me it is about…”

The comparison I’ve made before is Black Sabbath - I respect Iommi far more for having tried post Ozzy multiple times and not necessarily always succeeded, than if he’d just have toured an Ozzy era greatest hits for 30 years and milked it.

6 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

Except that theory doesn't really hold up since Duff and Slash continue to write and record new music.

I meant together like they used to write songs together. Chemistry can change over time and the spark can be gone. It's not a given that when they sit together or send each other stuff, it will immediately sound great again, but who knows really.

• Like 1

i don´t think they will ever create a new album. imo axl is probably unwilling to accept that chinese democracy wasn´t a huge success. once he realized that most people disliked it or didn´t recognize it as gnr he decided that people weren´t ready for new music. i think he has a hard time to accept criticism and failure so his solution to avoid the cruel reality was this reunion with its endless best of old gnr songs. 

one of the reasons that drove the band apart was the communication problem with axl. without izzy they were unable to deal with him. i think this problem might still exist. when you can´t be open and honest your relationships /friendships will be superficial and shallow.

writing songs and being creative with other people is an intimate and fun thing to do. i don´t think they have this level of intimacy anymore and i don´t think they are having fun. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 117jule said:

i don´t think they will ever create a new album. imo axl is probably unwilling to accept that chinese democracy wasn´t a huge success. once he realized that most people disliked it or didn´t recognize it as gnr he decided that people weren´t ready for new music. i think he has a hard time to accept criticism and failure so his solution to avoid the cruel reality was this reunion with its endless best of old gnr songs. 

one of the reasons that drove the band apart was the communication problem with axl. without izzy they were unable to deal with him. i think this problem might still exist. when you can´t be open and honest your relationships /friendships will be superficial and shallow.

writing songs and being creative with other people is an intimate and fun thing to do. i don´t think they have this level of intimacy anymore and i don´t think they are having fun. 

True. It's probably worse than ever in this case and they completly scraped the idea of even trying years ago.

• Like 2