The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

9 minutes ago, reayj2003 said:

Steven said it wasn't him & Frank when asked said it was a question for management. It has been redone.

I see. That type of shit must be awkward for Frank as well as Adler

Just now, alangarcianr said:

why release a double EP instead of a new record with the 6 new songs and the 4 covers? You can also include some live versions (shadow, crazy, etc)

Because you can make more money with two separate releases.

8 minutes ago, metalavenger99 said:

IF they do release something whenever, it would be cool if they do it at EST, (US east coast timezone) like ABSURD, and not first in NZ, so it'd really be a surprise.

I think that happened only that one time with Absurd because Axl wanted to announce it from the stage.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Nah it was rerecorded. The drum performance is different from any previous performance that Steven recorded. And those guitars are definitely new.

We don't know what title they're using for the linkfire, could be something new for the album or for the individual songs. If it's an album or EP then there won't be individual song links, just one for the album.

Yes

https://gnr.lnk.to/UYI2022PR

Adler and stradlin are credited on it? Why would they give them performance royalties on a redo? 

• Like 1

Just now, Billy Cundy said:

Adler and stradlin are credited on it? Why would they give them performance royalties on a redo? 

For the same reason why they would have to give them royalities on live recordings

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Billy Cundy said:

I think the credits are for composition not for playing on it. But Izzy's guitar is there anyway. Maybe some Slash leads are new.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

But wasn't the Shadow we got a never before released recording produced by Mike Clink in 1986? How do we know the guitars are new?

Some of Slash's guitar licks and riffs sound to "new" and "fresh" for the 80s.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, alangarcianr said:

why release a double EP instead of a new record with the 6 new songs and the 4 covers? You can also include some live versions (shadow, crazy, etc)

Why is it people are thinking that it is a double? If it is then all I can assume is there trying to sort or mirror UYI with two releases. We don't know until we know. Not sure ill even believe the UYI delux is happening until people start receiving them

2 hours ago, Alejandro GNR said:

Someone in another GNR forum posted this:

"Just a small update, might not mean a thing.

"Going Down" is now listed on ASCAP, as well as a new song called "10%er". Both written by Tommy, with GN'R listed as the performer"

Could this mean something??? Anyone knows?

I think I heard somewhere awhile ago that 10%er is the real name of that other Tommy song from the locker leaks.

20 hours ago, AtlasShrugged said:

Strange that there’s been no mention on GN’R’s social media. What do we put that down to, incompetence? 

Also on Apple Music in UK it says November 4 for release for UYI. 

My two cents is there’s something else coming - getting all the tracks everyone else is getting here and I don’t use Spotify at all. Fingers crossed.

I'd wager that they aren't aware of the press release🤣 I'd say it was issued by the label. 

I think they will eventually say something about the UYI box set and then all the guys (not Axl) will post in a matters of hours between each other.

As for not promoting, that isn't strange at all and it 100% doesn't indicate plans for new music. Gnr took ages to promote Hardskool etc. Gnr never really promoted Chinese. There's precedent here🤣

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GNR 1991 said:

Whoever was saying Oh My God doesn’t appear on Spotify is wrong. OMG is on there as is the entire End of Days soundtrack (some songs are not listenable tho, OMG is).

Mine doesn't show. Doesn't mean anyone is right or wrong we're just getting different results.

16 minutes ago, Sosso said:

Some of Slash's guitar licks and riffs sound to "new" and "fresh" for the 80s.

This might be the most ridiculous post I’ve read in a thread filled with ridiculous posts.

9 minutes ago, GNR 1991 said:

Whoever was saying Oh My God doesn’t appear on Spotify is wrong. OMG is on there as is the entire End of Days soundtrack (some songs are not listenable tho, OMG is).

Licensing rights are different country-to-country. What is available in the US might not be available overseas, and vice versa.

13 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

I'd wager that they aren't aware of the press release🤣 I'd say it was issued by the label. 

I think they will eventually say something about the UYI box set and then all the guys (not Axl) will post in a matters of hours between each other.

As for not promoting, that isn't strange at all and it 100% doesn't indicate plans for new music. Gnr took ages to promote Hardskool etc. Gnr never really promoted Chinese. There's precedent here🤣

It's still strange though, because Duff and Beta liked Jarmo's post about YCBM but they haven't posted it themselves.

• Confused 1