The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

3 minutes ago, Legendador said:

Are people thinking, in this forum, that the band will release a new album and a box set at the same time?

Commercialy wise it would be suicide.

If they are releasing the boxset now, for the new record to be profitable it would require at the last a year with the new bun in the oven.

One reworked song, before the SP GIG? Maybe, but that's it for 2022.

Records are not profitable anyways. It'll be peanuts compared to their touring revenue. It would not be suicide.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

That’s your right. But seeing how Slash is now back in the band you can’t exactly be angry at him for doing his job. I only say that because you keep bringing it up.

Of course, it's unreasonable for me to hope a significant amount of the Bucket and Robin material is left alone, but I still will until the record is out. It was bad enough to expect Bumblefoot's playing on CD2, and now the songs will likely be re-worked even more now that Slash and Duff are back. Frank is probably happy about it too since he will do drums for any track that is changed to a point that's unfitting for Brain's drums.

40 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I understand your feelings on the matter, believe me. I'd rather hear the Slash version of CD2 than no CD2 at all, with the hope all of the original mixes with Robin and Buckethead leaking eventually, or are released officially as some sort of bonus.

I still want CD2 even with Slash ... I'm just really sour about the situation because of what happened with Hardschool ... ChiDem is my favorite album of all time, and it's because of Finck, Bucket, and Brain especially ... These CD2 songs have had so much legend and mystic around them, it's just going to be such a kick in the balls when (if) we finally get them and they're not even what they were intended to be ... It'll still feel like something is missing like how it's felt all this time without CD2 ever releasing ... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Of course, it's unreasonable for me to hope a significant amount of the Bucket and Robin material is left alone, but I still will until the record is out. It was bad enough to expect Bumblefoot's playing on CD2, and now the songs will likely be re-worked even more now that Slash and Duff are back. Frank is probably happy about it too since he will do drums for any track that is changed to a point that's unfitting for Brain's drums.

I love Chinese too. I’m just stoked for new music I guess! Who knows maybe one day they’ll do an anniversary release with all sorts of demos. Actually it’s probably likely!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I'm one of perhaps a few who liked the "new GN'R" and preferred Slash to stay away from GN'R and still do.

You and me both! Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the semi reunion, but the 1997 to 2014 lineups and the mythology thereof were such an exciting period in my life. So much intrigue and mystery! The Village leaks were so fun, and I hope to hear more from that era, in addition to whatever may come.

• Like 1

For people curious about Shazam-ing, which was a big tell last year for Hard Skool:

"Face it Alone" demo lets the search play out the entire time, as does all the GNR demos. So for those who were wondering, Shazam may have changed their infrastructure and we can no longer use it as a tell if it's in the system. (For those wondering, when Hard Skool was imminent it stopped searching right away).

• Like 2

Cant even imagine how this is going to work out, but this shit isnt the algorithm, this is just GNR being GNR.

Maybe new songs popping in the search bar while they havent said a word about the UYI box is a good sign. There's a "new" single out (YCBM) and zero mentions by the band.

Edited by FabioRoses

1 minute ago, Blue Phoenix said:

I’m so excited for this to be released! Queen said September, but September is running out! 😬

I’m so excited for this to be released! Queen said September, but September is running out! 😬

I’m so excited for this to be released! Queen said September, but September is running out! 

I’m so excited for this to be released! Queen said September, but September is running out! 

Man you must be excited!! 😂👍

5 hours ago, Spoon87 said:

You should get GNR as a result when you search for "Atlas shr", genau wie ich. ;-)

Still nothing else, although I'm going to check with the wifes' spotify account when she gets home. Maybe it's different when someone is logged in.

No... Leider nichts... 🤷‍♂️

4 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

This might be a bad sign- none of the titles are triggering GNR at all anymore in my spotify, (USA)

Let's face it guys.... This leads to nothing. We had fun the last few days, but there won't be new music within the next months. (Although I hope I'm wrong.) all this talk about algorhythm and stuff... We are so desperate for new songs... That's not the way it should be. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1