STAR WARS: Convoluted Cash- Cow Disney Adventure Series That Will Never End Thread

ZoSoRose

I like the show so far for the most part but some of the character actions feel random (or even cringey in a few cases), and I think at least one of three things shoulda happened:

1.It shoulda been a movie instead (as is the case with most of these sw live action shows unfortunately)

2.All the episodes shoulda been released at once (but that goes against the D+ business model unfortunately)

3.There shoulda been fewer episodes (one of the writers confirmed that ep4 and ep5 were originally one episode that Disney forced them to split, which explains a lot)

I agree that the next show doesn’t seem that exciting, as I’m not fond of kids. That said, the promo art I’ve seen from it so far has a very 80s vibe to it, which is cool, so I’ll keep an open mind.

So far Mando is still the only live action show to pull off an episodic feel while still maintaining a narrative throughline, but even that show started to stumble as it went along.

I know everyone likes Andor, but that “style” isn’t really for me.

Edited by rocknroll41

I'll binge the new show after it's all out. I've heard mostly bad things, but I'm sure I'll be entertained by at least some of it. The clip I saw with the pronoun shit was cringy. Wouldn't be the first time on a Disney SW production. 

Loved the episode; needs a re-watch. 

Guess my Darth Plagueis prediction was wrong.

Really interested to see where the series goes with three episodes left.  Maybe Osha becomes the Acolyte after finding out what really went down at her home planet.  Curious to see how the Sith came to be.

Really don't see Sol living to the end.  Unless they want to trip up the prequels (which would be fine with me since they're terrible), it's likely that any Jedi who knows of the Sith dies before he/she can report it to the council.  

Wish this series was released all at once.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Just bought the Lego UCS Millennium Falcon. Yolo 

Nice.  

I have a friend who bought this a few years ago.   Took his time with it.  It was cool to watch his progress every few weeks.  Hope you have a nice spot picked out to display it once you're done.

25 minutes ago, downzy said:

Nice.  

I have a friend who bought this a few years ago.   Took his time with it.  It was cool to watch his progress every few weeks.  Hope you have a nice spot picked out to display it once you're done.

I have no room :lol:. I’ll figure something out. Got me back into SW this week so I did a mini marathon this weekend. I’m going to give the new show another chance after I hear people liking the newest episode

23 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

I have no room :lol:. I’ll figure something out. Got me back into SW this week so I did a mini marathon this weekend. I’m going to give the new show another chance after I hear people liking the newest episode

The last episode is probably one of the coolest moments in Star Wars since Disney took over. Even if you hate the story or whatever else, the action in episode five is top notch. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, downzy said:

The last episode is probably one of the coolest moments in Star Wars since Disney took over. Even if you hate the story or whatever else, the action in episode five is top notch. 

I’ll watch them and rewatch the others. I just thought the characters were dry and the witch stuff was kind of weird for me but I guess that is okay. 

• Like 1

Just watched Acolyte episode 6. The Qimir/Osha stuff is cool but the rest is just okay. I’m starting to wonder if Qimir is way older than he seems… Either way, I no longer think he’s a Ren. I think the Kylo theme in the last episode was just to highlight how he and Osha have a similar dynamic to Kylo and Rey. I’m still putting my money on him being Plagueis. I like the theory of Vern being his former master. If he really is much older than she seems, then it would make sense, since she’s also like 100+, and according to the books, she also dabbled with the dark side a bit when she was young.

Edited by rocknroll41