General Chat / Random Musings - 2021

downzy

5 minutes ago, -W.A.R- said:

What book is that?

A Private View By Sante D'Orazio. The photographer friend of Axl's they were using last year after Kat left. I knew they were friends for years and saw the book cheap on Ebay. He was with them on some UYI dates which those pictures come from.

• Thanks 1

I'm dealing with one hell of a week.

Monday my girlfriend found a lump and I went with her to get it checked out. She's been given the "everything seems fine but to put my mind at rest I'll refer you" follow up option. She's happy with that, I'm happy with that.

I spent the rest of Monday and Tuesday doing a presentation for a job interview I'll be doing later today, and I'll find out if I got the job or not by the end of Thursday.

Then on Friday I will exchange contracts on my house, so I've also been making all of my plans and started packing in anticipation of the move.

7 months ago today my wife suggested a divorce, I had a family home of 8.5 years, and I was 15 months into a job I really enjoyed.

Now I have a new girlfriend, a new home on the way and possibly a new job. The only consistency is my lovely daughter.

What a different 7 months makes.

Wow Chris, you really are having an eventful week. I hope your girlfriend's health is fine, you get the job and the house looks to be a sure success. Roll on the weekend!

I think I missed that you had a baby, congratulations! 

14 hours ago, Chris1989 said:

I've not actually heard about the job yet. Interview went well and they showed me around the office, but I haven't had any info...

Didn't get it. Gutted.

Blow softened as I was messaged today that my boss is meeting his boss to discuss my promotion at my current workplace. 

• Sad 1

Just came across the term "grass-fed beef jerky", and it almost makes me wanna become a vegetarian. The anthropocentric complacency. Is there any expression for how man, as a species, is willing to go as far as possible and spare no effort, but only for his own benefit? Just anything – eat it, fuck it, or kill it, anything but something really altruistic, something that he could do e.g. just for the nature. (And here I don’t mean some twits gluing themselves to the road or destroying paintings, and neither do I mean global humbug of a corporate mafia disguised as ecology concern). But for himself - sure, anything! Even the environmental protection is addressed only because of... well, it’s right in the name. It’s his environment, where he lives. Otherwise, he wouldn’t give two shits. We got this planet as a gift; we haven’t created it ourselves, nor are we capable of anything of the sort, for god’s sake. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/16/2024 at 2:31 PM, Chris1989 said:

Didn't get it. Gutted.

Blow softened as I was messaged today that my boss is meeting his boss to discuss my promotion at my current workplace. 

Moved into my new house and out of the marital family home last Friday.

Got promoted on Monday.

Daughter's room is having a carpet fitted today and then it's done. Living room is a coat of paint away from being done. Dining room likewise.

It's been a good first week on a personal level.

• Like 1

My neighthood has many stray cats. My neighbors and I feed them. They have 7 cats of their own. I have two cats and a dog.

Anyway, a mama cat just had 6 kittens. they will take care of them and fix them and then my mom will take one and I will take two. I have lost 3 cats in 3 years and we really want more cats.

They are so cute. they are all gray. The Mama cat will be fixed too. We hope to control the cat population.  

Anyway, we are excited to get new cats in our family. Unfortunately there are still many strays outside my house and all I can do is feed them. I wish humans would stop dumping their cats. It's so cruel.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Gracii Guns said:

Went to see Gilby tonight with a former MyGnR member Dirty Deeds. We got to meet Gilby who was super nice and we told him we met on MyGnR, he knows about the forum and has high praise for it. Tagging @downzy so he sees this.

IMG_1504.jpeg

Amazing, that's so cool!

Looks like you had a great time!

• Thanks 1

Gilby only had a three piece band, but he produced a very full sound- everyone had a great time. Do catch him live if you can. He plays a mix of his own music, Snakepit, Stones and GNR, of course.

IMG_1512.jpeg

52 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

Gotta love Gilby, the best-looking ex member 😍

He really is, looking great for his age.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Gracii Guns said:

Went to see Gilby tonight with a former MyGnR member Dirty Deeds. We got to meet Gilby who was super nice and we told him we met on MyGnR, he knows about the forum and has high praise for it. Tagging @downzy so he sees this.

IMG_1504.jpeg

You look fantastic, pal! Glad you're having a blast!

On 9/9/2024 at 12:08 AM, Gracii Guns said:

IMG_1504.jpeg

What's this "former MyGnR member" stuff?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

Who? :P

(slow claps)...Oh great good job Jan now he is crying!.. He thinks nobody likes him. I only pay him to be here to do the garden. I got so close to breaking those walls down and getting him to open up until this.... Now he is in a fetal position on the kitchen floor crying and singing that awful Make's No Sense To Me Mank Rage song...

I HOPE YOU ARE PROUD OF YOURSELF....

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Rindmelon said:

I have respect for Navarro's restraint there, a lot of people would have just smacked the guy

Absolutely. If I was Dave, I woulda tweeted "Thanks for all the support from the fans, but I'm quitting JA right now" as I'd be walking from the dressing room to the car. 

Too bad they didn't put out a "returning" album; it's not gonna happen anymore. 

52 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Absolutely. If I was Dave, I woulda tweeted "Thanks for all the support from the fans, but I'm quitting JA right now" as I'd be walking from the dressing room to the car. 

Too bad they didn't put out a "returning" album; it's not gonna happen anymore. 

Reminds me of Oasis in 2009. Here I threw this multicam version together quick 

Edited by Rindmelon
  • Like 2