Does anyone care?

Just now, craiggunslover said:

At this point they're best to bring Steven and Izzy and Matt back and let Frank and Richard and melissa go and just do a classic 80's and 90's line up tour and make a proper hard rock  and ballads guns record .it's beyond boring and stall now .

There's clearly no drive for anything new, so yeah, bring them back, do a tour then call it a day. Close the book if there's going to be no new chapters. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

There's clearly no drive for anything new, so yeah, bring them back, do a tour then call it a day. Close the book if there's going to be no new chapters. 

That won't make Axl sound any better...maybe they should do just a handful of shows instead of a tour with Izzy and Steven where Axl gives 100% of what he's got left and that's it. Just the original 5. Release all the good stuff from the 80s and 90s they got in the vault afterwards and that's it. 

• Like 1

Just now, El Guapo said:

That won't make Axl sound any better...maybe they should do just a handful of shows instead of a tour with Izzy and Steven where Axl gives 100% of what he's got left and that's it. Just the original 5. Release all the good stuff from the 80s and 90s they got in the vault afterwards and that's it. 

A world tour would work I reckon - but one that does the world once, not for 5 or 6 years round and round until they're all knackered and bored! 

1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

There is a possibility it could light a fire under Axl's ass..

Either way, it would be 100X better than what we have now.. Atleast the songs will sound better without Fortus and Frank...

I am not even sure Izzy and Steven would matter at this point as far as sales go.. I mean they already cashed in on the "reunion" hype.. I do think it would sell more tickets than they are doing now but not a ton. I do however do know some people that never bothered to see them because it wasn't a true reunion..

They should cancel this tour..  Get the Appetite or Illusions lineup back.. Thank Frank, Fortus and Smurfette for their service and do one more proper Arena/Amphitheater tour.. Maybe even with an EP to coincide..

The Stadium days at crazy ticket prices are over...

An EP with the original 5 would be cool.. I think the AFD5 would bump sales, but even if it didn't at least the band would sound a heap better.

Not being too familiar with the recent era I was surprised how sterile and uninspired it sounded - did Fortus used to be a session player by any chance ?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Euchre said:

An EP with the original 5 would be cool.. I think the AFD5 would bump sales, but even if it didn't at least the band would sound a heap better.

Not being too familiar with the recent era I was surprised how sterile and uninspired it sounded - did Fortus used to be a session player by any chance ?

I don't think it will ever happen, but Alice Cooper did an EP or some such recently with former band mates, while still keeping together his current touring band. It can be done.

Face it, there are 20 year old demos (plus more which were not leaked yet)- if they were going to be finished and released, they would've been. An AFD5 reunion would be met with the same challenges as any other lineup.

I'm pretty sure most GN'R listeners don't care, or even know, about Izzy and Adler. Most don't even know Duff. So it's not a huge selling point for thousands upon thousands of people, just us 😄 and I don't really care either if I'm honest. 

Edited by VampireSoul
  • Like 1

Ha... Izzy has always been concerned about money... he went back to do those shows in 1993 just for the money. He didn't join the reunion because of money issues. He never toured as a solo artist much (partly) because of financial reasons. 

• Like 4

No, only suckers care at this point. Was stale 2018-2020 too. With the prices they’re charging, they’ll be lucky to fill half the capacity. For what, the worst version of Hard School ever, pretty tied up and so fine? No. Ax is washed and the only hope is like what’s been mentioned. They change up the lineup, play shorter sets, and go out right. Fuck being a GNR fan

3 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Ha... Izzy has always been concerned about money... he went back to do those shows in 1993 just for the money. He didn't join the reunion because of money issues. He never toured as a solo artist much (partly) because of financial reasons. 

I mean, he was the backbone of what came to be GNR. He went to LA first. He made the initial connections. He planned most of the early shows/lineups. He saw the fuckery, and did one of the most honorable things ever and left the worlds biggest band for his own health. The biggest band in the world, that he played the biggest role in starting. I’d be pissed too if Mickey Mouse is cashing million dollar checks off of a lot of Izzys work. 

Just now, Underhardy said:

I mean, he was the backbone of what came to be GNR. He went to LA first. He made the initial connections. He planned most of the early shows/lineups. He saw the fuckery, and did one of the most honorable things ever and left the worlds biggest band for his own health. The biggest band in the world, that he played the biggest role in starting. I’d be pissed too if Mickey Mouse is cashing million dollar checks off of a lot of Izzys work. 

What does that have to do with anything? I'm just saying that money has always been a factor for Izzy, and I'm not criticizing that at all, but the comment the poster above me made doesn't really make a lot of sense then.

1 hour ago, EvanG said:

maybe Izzy wanted to help them out in 1993 and go on a little paid vacation. It doesn't have to be just one reason.

as for the reunion, my position on it is that Izzy, a founding member, perhaps didn't think the deal was fair. He never sold out. I don't think that in order to not sell out you must not be concerned about money.

also do we know the exact reasons he never toured as a solo artist? I don't think it was ever confirmed it was partly cause of financial reasons. Maybe he just doesn't like to tour on a regular basis. He was offered to go on tour with New York Dolls and declined that offer. I imagine they would have paid him had he agreed to it.

Edited by Rovim

48 minutes ago, Underhardy said:

I love Izzy, but it's also work to keep a band going. That's something he wasn't and isn't interested in. But he's definitely interested in stopping by every few years for the payday, right? So it is about the money. 

14 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

I love Izzy, but it's also work to keep a band going. That's something he wasn't and isn't interested in. But he's definitely interested in stopping by every few years for the payday, right? So it is about the money. 

this is just my opinion, but just because you want to get paid for your work doesn't mean it's meaningless to you on an emotional level or that it's just about the money. Izzy did more than enough for Gn'R. The entire machine that is Gn'R probably wouldn't even exist without him. That's gotta be worth something.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Rovim said:

maybe Izzy wanted to help them out in 1993 and go on a little paid vacation. It doesn't have to be just one reason.

as for the reunion, my position on it is that Izzy, a founding member, perhaps didn't think the deal was fair. He never sold out. I don't think that in order to not sell out you must not be concerned about money.

also do we know the exact reasons he never toured as a solo artist? I don't think it was ever confirmed it was partly cause of financial reasons. Maybe he just doesn't like to tour on a regular basis. He was offered to go on tour with New York Dolls and declined that offer. I imagine they would have paid him had he agreed to it.

That's true, but I think money has been more a factor for Izzy than what people think. I think 1993 was mainly for the money.

As for him not touring, I'm sure there are many reasons but someone posted an interview on here once with Izzy from a long time ago, and he mentioned something about wanting to tour but it wouldn't be lucrative. He could be doing the venues that Steven and Gilby are playing and still make a little profit, but I guess that's not enough for him? And that's totally fine.

Regarding the reunion, I understand he didn't think it was fair if it didn't get split equally as he tweeted and I don't disagree if that is true. But goddamn... I would have done it for free if it was just for two shows anyway as it was supposed to be. Just to please the fans or for old time's sake. It's sad it always has to be about money in the first place. 

• Like 1