[NEW ALBUM DISCUSSION THREAD] Gibson Launches Record Label, to Release Slash Album Next Year

Ralphelmo

I downloaded it and listened to 1 song because I couldn't wait, April Fool. And well fuck me, the mix from the livestream DOES sound better than the album version. It sounds more streamlined to me and I like Myles vocals/tone a whole lot better.

The album version was kind of a letdown after the clips from the live performance, I can't believe it, funny. Can't wait for the livestream, but I already know that will be the definite version of the song for me, and will be the one I'll always listen to.

Will be interesting to see how much of the rest of the album this will apply to for me, it is kind of great we essentially get 2 different versions of the album at the same time and can choose.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ralphelmo said:

Mix is killing it... but be ready for tomorrow and the live stream, there ARE bangers on this album. 

What's your favourite song so far?

35 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I downloaded it and listened to 1 song because I couldn't wait, April Fool. And well fuck me, the mix from the livestream DOES sound better than the album version. It sounds more streamlined to me and I like Myles vocals/tone a whole lot better.

The album version was kind of a letdown after the clips from the live performance, I can't believe it, funny. Can't wait for the livestream, but I already know that will be the definite version of the song for me, and will be the one I'll always listen to.

Will be interesting to see how much of the rest of the album this will apply to for me, it is kind of great we essentially get 2 different versions of the album at the same time and can choose.

Is it still a good song? 

@skik08

Considering not released songs I'd go with 'Whatever Gets You By', 'April Fool', 'Actions Speak Louder Than Words'. Myles did surprisingly good job melodically and vocally on those non-balladish songs. I'm not happy with Slash's playing, there's no single solo on that album I can remember, arguably 'Fill My World' has the best solo on the record. Plus here and there I hear songs from the past, haven't matched my memories yet but I'll figure it out. Mix is terrible, sometimes Slash's channel on solos is panned left, sometimes middle, sometimes right, Myles sound drastically different on certain songs, sometimes bass guitar is flat as earth (lmao), sometimes is fat and tasty, drums sometimes sound good and sometimes like a toy for kids...

Edited by Ralphelmo
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, skik08 said:

Is it still a good song? 

Oh yeah there was no doubt it was gonna be one of my favourite SMKC songs right from when I first heard it, just the version on the album doesn't appeal to me as much as what we've heard from the Studio 60s recording in the Making Of episode. Myles just sounds better on it and the mix isn't weird.

3 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Oh yeah there was no doubt it was gonna be one of my favourite SMKC songs right from when I first heard it, just the version on the album doesn't appeal to me as much as what we've heard from the Studio 60s recording in the Making Of episode. Myles just sounds better on it and the mix isn't weird.

Holy fuck just heard it. You're absolutely correct. This song is so good even on the first listen! 

2 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

See I told you :lol:

One of the interviews that he did recently (I think it was Consequence) he said that they mixed the album together right then while they were still in Nashville, so that explains why it sounds like that. Get a bunch of musicians who aren't mix engineers and try to rush a mix and it's going to sound bad. They should've hired an actual engineer to do it (even if they just sent it off to Elvis).

• Like 1

For what it's worth, Slash said that 'Actions Speak Louder Than Words' was written the last time they were in Buenos Aires (2019). 

https://www.clarin.com/espectaculos/musica/slash-guns-n-roses-guitarra-inspirada_0_QcuRn9fI8J.html

The album, didn't like it at all. I need to listen to it a few more times to really make a judgement. But right now I'd place it after everything he has ever done with SMK&C.

2 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Is the Howard Stern livestream you're talking about? 

18 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

See I told you :lol:

One of the interviews that he did recently (I think it was Consequence) he said that they mixed the album together right then while they were still in Nashville, so that explains why it sounds like that. Get a bunch of musicians who aren't mix engineers and try to rush a mix and it's going to sound bad. They should've hired an actual engineer to do it (even if they just sent it off to Elvis).

It’s so dumb they got a better sound from a straight live gig.
I only heard that one song but if every track ends up better listenable from that, they just threw away like ten thousand dollars on useless producer and recording when they could have just done that, and made that the album. 

• Like 1

Hyped reading these reviews. Unfortunately I got an email stating that there were delays and my box set won't ship until probably Tuesday. I wonder if its just the signed box set or other editions. Tempted to double dip and get it from Amazon. There is also the stream tomorrow but I'll be at work, hopefully someone can rip it and upload it. 

12 minutes ago, Chuerta86 said:

Hyped reading these reviews. Unfortunately I got an email stating that there were delays and my box set won't ship until probably Tuesday. I wonder if its just the signed box set or other editions. Tempted to double dip and get it from Amazon. There is also the stream tomorrow but I'll be at work, hopefully someone can rip it and upload it. 

I don't think it will be taken down from youtube after premiere, you'll be 100% able to watch this when you get home bruh.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just got an update on my signed deluxe order

Dear Customer,

Thank you for pre-ordering 4 in the Deluxe Vinyl Boxset, we have an update on your order. 

Due to stock delivery delays resulting from global supply issues, your order has not yet been dispatched. 

We anticipate that the stock will arrive at our facility during w/c 14th February, and orders will be processed as quickly as is possible. 
We will send a notification email when your order has been sent out via your chosen courier.
You can track the progress of your order in Your Account

Thank you for your patience and understanding. 

Kind regards,
Slash Store Team 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

Just got an update on my signed deluxe order

Dear Customer,

Thank you for pre-ordering 4 in the Deluxe Vinyl Boxset, we have an update on your order. 

Due to stock delivery delays resulting from global supply issues, your order has not yet been dispatched. 

We anticipate that the stock will arrive at our facility during w/c 14th February, and orders will be processed as quickly as is possible. 
We will send a notification email when your order has been sent out via your chosen courier.
You can track the progress of your order in Your Account

Thank you for your patience and understanding. 

Kind regards,
Slash Store Team 

I just got the same one. Oh well, as long as it comes sometime and doesn't get cancelled I am good

4 hours ago, Ralphelmo said:

@skik08

Considering not released songs I'd go with 'Whatever Gets You By', 'April Fool', 'Actions Speak Louder Than Words'. Myles did surprisingly good job melodically and vocally on those non-balladish songs. I'm not happy with Slash's playing, there's no single solo on that album I can remember, arguably 'Fill My World' has the best solo on the record. Plus here and there I hear songs from the past, haven't matched my memories yet but I'll figure it out. Mix is terrible, sometimes Slash's channel on solos is panned left, sometimes middle, sometimes right, Myles sound drastically different on certain songs, sometimes bass guitar is flat as earth (lmao), sometimes is fat and tasty, drums sometimes sound good and sometimes like a toy for kids...

How's Fall Back To Earth?