Do you think Axl still speaks to the old members?

7 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Izzy says "How are you doing, buddy" and Axl says "Good" and smiles. I don't think there's anything strange or that Izzy is hardly acknowledged. Axl was walking into the stage and it's not that he and Izzy hadn't seen and talked to each other before that show. On stage at the shows they were warm with each other, Axl hugged him, etc.

The Bumblefoot thing... I wonder who that guy was. Security, I guess? And Axl didn't even look at him (probably didn't even see him).

I'm sure right before Axl goes on he's in the zone and isn't fully aware of his surroundings kinda preoccupied... or just being a dick that day.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Izzy says "How are you doing, buddy" and Axl says "Good" and smiles. I don't think there's anything strange or that Izzy is hardly acknowledged.

There isn't. Some folks just try to see something weird in everything. I believe Axl even says ''Iz'' when he sees Izzy and right before Izzy says ''how are ya, buddy''.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, EvanG said:

There isn't. Some folks just try to see something weird in everything. I believe Axl even says ''Iz'' when he sees Izzy and right before Izzy says ''how are ya, buddy''.

Yes, you're right. I watched it again and Axl says "Hey, Iz."

• Like 1

I am sorry this offended you so much you decided to make a comment. I guess we'll just make the forum completely silent. Even better, we can go back to talking about whether or not Axl Rose recorded vocals after 1999. Perhaps you can throw some good suggestions. Let us know! 

In all seriousness, I have made my fair share of "we need new music" jokes on threads, but this  seemed a little extreme. 

Edited by themadcaplaughs

1 hour ago, themadcaplaughs said:

I am sorry this offended you so much you decided to make a comment. I guess we'll just make the forum completely silent. Even better, we can go back to talking about whether or not Axl Rose recorded vocals after 1999. Perhaps you can throw some good suggestions. Let us know! 

In all seriousness, I have made my fair share of "we need new music" jokes on threads, but this  seemed a little extreme. 

Whooooa, I'm not offended! Incorrect conclusion there. Merely enquiring as to why the hell anybody would care about this stuff and whether I was missing something. 

In all honesty I couldn't think of a single GNR related topic that would generate enough interest to form a coherent convo and/ot debate! There is just so little to talk about.

Though I'll throw in this... the acoustic guitar version of November Rain randomly came on my stream today, and whilst I've heard it before, I hadn't actually appreciated it. I can't stand the official version with all fake orchestra bullshit and cheesy bollocks. But to my utter bloody surprise today... I actually really enjoyed it! So that was something new. 

well of course I don't know, I only assume and I make this assumption based on what Axl's former friends or employees say. They reach out to Axl and team brazil opens the door and promises to deliver the message and never hear from Axl back. Izzy said so numerous times. so did Marc Canter. Even when Axl decided to hit Slash up he asked team brazil (not Duff) to get Slash's phone number. but give Axl a mobile phone and the first thing he does is call Sebastian Bach.

Edited by whatashame
typo

4 minutes ago, whatashame said:

well of course I don't know, I only assume and I make this assumption based on what Axl's former friends or employees say. They reach out to Axl and team brazil opens the door and promises to deliver the message and never hear from Axl back. Izzy said so numerous times. so did Marc Canter. Even when Axl decided to hit Slash up he asked team brazil (not Duff) to get Slash's phone number. but give Axl a mobile phone and the first thing he does is call Sebastian Bach.

Ah, you gave the impression Axl didn't do any correspondence himself. Of course he has his own phone and handles his own email, but he is wary about giving out details of these to people so many old contacts have been forced to try to reach Axl through his management. And they often stonewall it. 

• 2 weeks later...

DJ Ashba says he and Axl haven't kept in touch and he misses him:

In a new interview with Anne Erickson of Audio Ink Radio, DJ Ashba was asked what his favorite memory is from his time with GUNS N' ROSES. The guitarist responded: "There are so many memories from that six, seven years. I think the biggest memory, when I think back on those days, it's just how probably misunderstood Axl [Rose, GUNS N' ROSES singer] is. He's just — to me; I can't speak for other people — but he's just one of the fucking coolest guys to hang out with. When he's your friend — he has a very tight circle, but when you kind of gain his trust and are in that circle — you couldn't find a better fucking dude. He's just a cool fucking dude. And we had a ton of fun — on stage and even more fun off stage."

Asked if he still keeps in touch with Rose, Ashba said: "Not too much, but the minute we see each other, I'm sure there's gonna be big hugs thrown. We have so much respect for each other, I believe. I miss him. I miss him to death as my buddy. But they've been on tour. They've been nonstop busy, and I've been slammed busy, and that's kind of how this industry is. Your paths will cross one day, and it's just how it is. It's like a traveling circus. [Laughs]"

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ex-guns-n-roses-guitarist-dj-ashba-misses-his-buddy-axl-rose-admits-they-havent-really-kept-in-touch/

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

DJ Ashba says he and Axl haven't kept in touch and he misses him:

In a new interview with Anne Erickson of Audio Ink Radio, DJ Ashba was asked what his favorite memory is from his time with GUNS N' ROSES. The guitarist responded: "There are so many memories from that six, seven years. I think the biggest memory, when I think back on those days, it's just how probably misunderstood Axl [Rose, GUNS N' ROSES singer] is. He's just — to me; I can't speak for other people — but he's just one of the fucking coolest guys to hang out with. When he's your friend — he has a very tight circle, but when you kind of gain his trust and are in that circle — you couldn't find a better fucking dude. He's just a cool fucking dude. And we had a ton of fun — on stage and even more fun off stage."

Asked if he still keeps in touch with Rose, Ashba said: "Not too much, but the minute we see each other, I'm sure there's gonna be big hugs thrown. We have so much respect for each other, I believe. I miss him. I miss him to death as my buddy. But they've been on tour. They've been nonstop busy, and I've been slammed busy, and that's kind of how this industry is. Your paths will cross one day, and it's just how it is. It's like a traveling circus. [Laughs]"

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ex-guns-n-roses-guitarist-dj-ashba-misses-his-buddy-axl-rose-admits-they-havent-really-kept-in-touch/

He talk about Axl like his "Buddy", but apparently he don't meet with Axl from is out of GNR......

• Like 1

On 11/3/2021 at 12:53 AM, Ratam said:

He talk about Axl like his "Buddy", but apparently he don't meet with Axl from is out of GNR......

I can sort of understand this if you think about just how many people Axl will have met and worked with through his life. I've had friendships and acquaintances at only the fraction of a level someone like him will have had and I've not maintained all them for one reason or another. A lot of friendships are situational and don't survive once one or both of you move on to pastures new. Doesn't mean you wouldn't be happy to see them or catch up if you bumped into them one time. If he kept in touch with everyone who considered him a good buddy he'd never be off the phone. Or maybe that's what's delaying the new album? :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 10/25/2021 at 6:54 PM, RONIN said:

Does Axl still speak to Miss Cleo before touring? I think Metallica's bassist mentioned something recently about "Homeboy having to check with his psychic before he went on stage.."

That might just be the weirdest part about Axl then. He really went off the deep-end in some ways.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/20/2021 at 8:15 PM, Politania said:

I'm sure that was a long gap  and Duff wrote about first meeting with Axl. at Prince death -  there is an interview -video in which Duff said about it. I don't rememeber any hursh words from Axl about Duff in silence years

why does everyone mention Duff and Axl communicating during Prince' death in this topic!?

of course they communicated at that time, they jut flew in from GNR show and Slash was asked about Prince at the airport.

Prince died after the 3 reunited.