Covid-19 Thread

adamsapple

13 hours ago, downzy said:

Texas just surpassed California for the most confirmed cases.  Kind of surprised considering I thought we'd start to see a drop off in cases in Texas with the cooler weather and less need for staying inside for air-conditioning.   

Texas opened bars and many are not distancing or wearing masks. Also schools are open and I can see from my daughter's school more kids are attending in classroom teachings now.

It doesn't matter the virus is still going strong and here comes flu season. Many Texas parents don't get their kids vaccinated even during good times, so now it's even increased. 

And again, same shit, different day.

Stay well 

Well, it's been hot and you can't be without inside a/c.

We have getting a very cold front on Sunday night, which means we'll go from a/c to heat like Texas does every damn year.

Either way, my ac unit and heat unit is one and the same. So if the virus spreads like that we are all doomed to get it sooner or later.

Most Texas homes have a/c and heat units, with central air flow.

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Those sheep won't lube themselves!

They will if your an attentive lover.

We've moved on from "bite the grass love I'm going in dry"

Drakeford has played it well do far but this smacks of making it up as they go along. Imagine living on Anglesey or in Pembrokeshire in rural West Wales where they are basically Covid free and being told you can only go out for half an hour. 

Simpletons to a man, but there's no need for them to have the same restrictions as Cardiff surely.

• Haha 2

On 10/21/2020 at 2:50 PM, action said:

test person for covid patient has died

https://www.hln.be/dossier-coronavirus/proefpersoon-voor-coronavaccin-van-astrazeneca-overleden-proeven-worden-niet-stopgezet~a902a013/

nothing on the death cause however.

not the first time there's creepy issues being reported with test subjects.

In any case, I've long made the decision not to take any vaccination. No one can guarantee that the vaccin will be safe, and this is crucial for me. 

If you are referring to the Brazilian man,

1. He died from the virus

2. He was in the placebo group

3. A vaccine isn't necessarily a "cure all" even if it is wildly successful

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

What on earth is going on in Wales?

Supermarkets aren't allowed to sell anything other than essentials so have to shut all the other stuff they have in the stores like the clothing, electrical stuff, key cutters etc as it's not fair to let them trade and not the high street people who do that stuff.

I had to check whether booze was on the Essential items list they're allowed to sell. It is luckily otherwise I was going to drive over the border to England and do a beer run today. Fill my boot up and set up a little smuggling operation.

1 hour ago, spunko12345 said:

Supermarkets aren't allowed to sell anything other than essentials so have to shut all the other stuff they have in the stores like the clothing, electrical stuff, key cutters etc as it's not fair to let them trade and not the high street people who do that stuff.

I had to check whether booze was on the Essential items list they're allowed to sell. It is luckily otherwise I was going to drive over the border to England and do a beer run today. Fill my boot up and set up a little smuggling operation.

Loony bin,

ElFMuUAX0AE4eZU?format=jpg&name=small

ElFJIfwWkAExopb?format=jpg&name=900x900

PS

Clothing ''non-essential''? In winter time?

Legend,

https://www.facebook.com/gwilym.owen.90/videos/10157817315181713/

Edited by DieselDaisy

32 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Loony bin,

ElFMuUAX0AE4eZU?format=jpg&name=small

ElFJIfwWkAExopb?format=jpg&name=900x900

PS

Clothing ''non-essential''? In winter time?

Legend,

https://www.facebook.com/gwilym.owen.90/videos/10157817315181713/

What an absolute, complete, total and utter wanker! He reminds me of the cocks you see dumping a bucket of pennies on some poor lass at the council to pay a parking fine she had nothing to do with issuing.

Acting the big man and giving people shit who are just trying to do their jobs because the government are a bunch of wankers? Absolutely pathetic. 

Edited by Dazey
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dazey said:

What an absolute, complete, total and utter wanker! He reminds me of the cocks you see dumping a bucket of pennies on some poor lass at the council to pay a parking fine she had nothing to do with issuing.

Acting the big man and giving people shit who are just trying to do their jobs because the government are a bunch of wankers? Absolutely pathetic. 

I disagree. At some stage people are going to have to oppose this nonsense.

1 hour ago, Dazey said:

Your favourite lady doesn't agree with you,

23 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

So what did that achieve? Are they suddenly allowed to sell clothes now? Is the poor fucker on minimum wage who has to put all that back up going to be suddenly agreeing with him?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dazey said:

So what did that achieve? Are they suddenly allowed to sell clothes now? Is the poor fucker on minimum wage who has to put all that back up going to be suddenly agreeing with him?

As an individual act of dissent, nothing. But at some stage more people will have to oppose these fascist powers that have been put in place or there will be nothing left of our freedoms and liberties. 

5 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

As an individual act of dissent, nothing. But at some stage more people will have to oppose these fascist powers that have been put in place or there will be nothing left of our freedoms and liberties. 

Wouldn't it be better served doing something that actually bothers the government though as opposed to making some poor cunt, as McLeod said, on minimum wage, the same minimum wage people that he's ranting about in the writing beneath the video and how some are hard up to put the heat and now they can't buy kids clothes, have to go around picking a load of fuckin' plastic sheeting up?

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Wouldn't it be better served doing something that actually bothers the government though as opposed to making some poor cunt, as McLeod said, on minimum wage, the same minimum wage people that he's ranting about in the writing beneath the video and how some are hard up to put the heat and now they can't buy kids clothes, have to go around picking a load of fuckin' plastic sheeting up?

You're probably right but I suspect our irate Welshman was overcome with the same feelings I feel whenever I bump into a mask nazi, or hear Piers Morgan's morning scaremongering, i.e., he is not acting overly rational. There will be more and more of this...

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

You're probably right but I suspect our irate Welshman was overcome with the same feelings I feel whenever I bump into a mask nazi, or hear Piers Morgan's morning scaremongering, i.e., he is not acting overly rational. There will be more and more of this...

I'm not the man to be sticking up for the government as you well know but, at the same time, if they are scrambling, getting things wrong etc its cuz this is kinda unprescedented for them as much as anyone else.  No one REALLY knows the correct way to react to this shit but end of the day (and this is more optimistic than I usually sound, I know) its kinda for all us that this shit is being done, not cuz they care about the fuckin' man at the bottom or whatever but that they're trying to put something in place to the best of their ability or understanding, however limited that may be, to try and curb this fuckin' thing,  Its sort of a lose lose situation, when they did nothing everyone was like 'look what they did with their lack of action' and now that they're trying stuff thats giving everyone the hump too. 

I can't believe I'm sticking up for the Tory party, it'll be rent boys and cucumber sandwiches next eh? :lol: 

16 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

What did he achieve though other than proving what a prick he is. 

It was you weren’t it, tell the truth, someone told you they kept the Tennants Super under plastic sheets and before anyone knew what was happenin’ you was like McLeod in a bakery.

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

I thought the same earlier which is why when I went to Wetherspoons and was told I could only order 3 pints and they had to be with a meal I promptly called the barmaid a cunt and started smashing the place up. That'll teach Boris eh? 

3 minutes ago, Dazey said:

I thought the same earlier which is why when I went to Wetherspoons and was told I could only order 3 pints and they had to be with a meal I promptly called the barmaid a cunt and started smashing the place up. That'll teach Boris eh? 

Whats the cheapest thing on the menu, get three plates of chips and you've got a good sesh in there, 'yeah, the other two are for my wife and mate, they'll be arriving in a minute, they're always late them two, I think they're havin' an affair y'know', you might get a sympathy pint out of it!

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

Whats the cheapest thing on the menu, get three plates of chips and you've got a good sesh in there, 'yeah, the other two are for my wife and mate, they'll be arriving in a minute, they're always late them two, I think they're havin' an affair y'know', you might get a sympathy pint out of it!

Sausage, chips and beans for £4. Not bad. It's the 3 pint limit that I'm not happy about. :lol: 

59 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Haven't been in there for ages but they do these prawns with a chilli dip which are lovely.

1 hour ago, Dazey said:

Absurd analogy. I do not believe he smashed anything up, and you'd be going to 'Spoons to purposely drink whereas a person goes to a supermarket goes there to buy stuff - all kinds of stuff, some of which are essential.

The Welsh government has deemed winter clothing and linen ''non-essential''!

Winter incoming!

Edited by DieselDaisy

2 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

What did he achieve though other than proving what a prick he is. 

Well he has - unlike here, among you lot - acquired a plethora of likes and positive comments on social media, and he isn't the first opponent to covid fascism, and (more pertinently) he won't be the last.

PS

Case in point,

Edited by DieselDaisy