Covid-19 Thread

adamsapple

I call this whole saga of problem - solution "the microsoft model".

First make software (the virus), build in defects, release patches (the vaccin) to cure the defects, new defects come to light, new patches until your PC crashes.

Personally I'm more of the old typewriter model, all I need is some ink and paper, and no electricity or software needed. I have one from the 60s that my granddad used, and it still does it's job. I've lost count how many PC's I went through in life though.

with all these different vaccines, it's like chosing between a mac and a PC, between sony, microsoft and nintendo. I'm sure there will be fanboys who vouch for one particular vaccin. "Get N or get out". "for the players"

"have you started with retirement savings yet? we have the perfect solution for you"

Our health has now officially become "capitalised", we're now like machines that need software and patches for "improved stability"

Edited by action

6 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Corona vaccines are a lot like buses: you wait forever then three arrive at once.

I wonder what happens if you take all three at once? A Pfizer/Moderna/Oxford cocktail?

You turn orange and start ranting about incorrect legal pathways to pursue conspiracy theories in the courts

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

I think you are infected with TDS.

I hvent even pointed out that "Tumps a pussy" or that hes incompetent, nor stepped over the bodies of workers to make a lame and obvious trump joke, once today. So I think Im good. I appreciate your concern though. Immunity via reasoning I suppose.

7 minutes ago, soon said:

I hvent even pointed out that "Tumps a pussy" or that hes incompetent, nor stepped over the bodies of workers to make a lame and obvious trump joke, once today. So I think Im good. I appreciate your concern though. Immunity via reasoning I suppose.

It is not too late for you. Listening to some Kid Rock whilst wearing a red baseball cap and perusing one of Trump's ''get rich quick'' tomes, you could yet acquire immunities against TDS. Repeated viewings of Home Alone 2 will also help.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

It is not too late for you. Listening to some Kid Rock whilst wearing a red baseball cap and perusing one of Trump's ''get rich quick'' tomes, you could yet acquire immunities against TDS. Repeated viewings of Home Alone 2 will also help.

That is not a very good sales pitch! :lol:

(Also everything I said about him is factual and apparent)

Texas numbers are way up, but the Gov won't close down anything. 

I figure before long, schools will have to close down again. 

Most doctors agree everyone will be vaccinated by spring.  I really hate that kids have to wait the longest to get their vaccine. The news keeps saying most kids get mild cases, but there have been plenty of kids dying from this virus.

Saw 60 Minutes last night and Anderson Cooper talked to many patients who had mild cases of the virus, but then a few months later were experiencing weird side effects.  one doctor said patients who died had blood clots in their brains and other organs.

One doctor said since any treatment for covid ramped up your immune systems they think their systems are still overacting like you still have the virus, so it'll take awhile for it to realize there's no more virus. Meanwhile, some of these people have terrible pain and fatigue and headaches too.  Now they are calling it "long hauling". It's the gift that keeps on giving. Which sucks.

Over 2 million people are traveling for the holidays.  And I doubt they will quaranteen for 14 days before they leave. Planes are packed again too. I hope it's worth it 

22 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

If people take them...the antimaskers up here are pretty anti vaccine. 

Yeah, many people don't want to take this vaccine and that's what's scary. This virus won't ever go away if people don't get vaccinated. I know people who still don't get the flu shot and Texas is bad with parents not wanting their kids to get vaccinated and it's okay with the state.

24 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Yeah, many people don't want to take this vaccine and that's what's scary. This virus won't ever go away if people don't get vaccinated. I know people who still don't get the flu shot and Texas is bad with parents not wanting their kids to get vaccinated and it's okay with the state.

Unfortunately, it will become a "their problem" sort of thing after a certain amount of time passes. I do no think the floodgates of normalcy should be opened as soon as vaccines are out in the wild more. It will take a bit of time to get to where we need to be, and if some of the population is initially hesitant, it is understandable. 

I will be getting mine when the time comes, though, and I'll probably go on a trip a month or two after

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Powderfinger said:

Let natural selection be the deciding factor once the vaccine becomes available. If you don’t want it, fine. Maybe your ideas and you are better off dead...

Ikr? It'll all work out. Enough suspicion and antivaccers to leave enough vaccines for the rest of us.

10 hours ago, downzy said:

This roller coaster sucks. 

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

In free societies people should be able to opt-out with no recrimination.

Not when it hurts other people.

For the same reason you are not allowed to hit other people on the head with a hammer or drive in 180 km/h passed a school.

So your kind of "free society" doesn't really exist. There are laws preventing people from hurting others, and that could easily include laws against refusing to take vaccines which will inevitably (as we have recently seen with measles outbreak etc) lead to other people being hurt. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

For the same reason you are not allowed to hit other people on the head with a hammer or drive in 180 km/h passed a school.

So your kind of "free society" doesn't really exist. There are laws preventing people from hurting others, and that could easily include laws against refusing to take vaccines which will inevitably (as we have recently seen with measles outbreak etc) lead to other people being hurt. 

I completely disagree. There is a greater danger you are ignoring which is the destruction of civic liberties. Freedom loving countries like Britain and the United States rely on consensus, not coercion. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I completely disagree. There is a greater danger you are ignoring which is the destruction of civic liberties. Freedom loving countries like Britain and the United States rely on consensus, not coercion. 

There are laws against hurting others in USA and UK, just like there are in any other country.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

There are laws against hurting others in USA and UK, just like there are in any other country.

Question: is either Joe Biden or Boris Johnson going to implement mandatory vaccination? 

''Hurting others''? What is it, somewhere around a mortality ratio of 1%? 

PS

Thank god your fellow Scandinavians are not as stupid as you, and have actually forced their government in dropping such an abhorrent law by excising their liberties: https://gript.ie/forced-vaccination-law-denmark-reportedly-dropped/

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

''Hurting others''? What is it, somewhere around a mortality ratio of 1%? 

Then you could ask what the probability of injuring a kid is if you speed past a school; or you could consider the fact that in the case of vaccinations, if a significant part of the population choose not to vaccinate themselves, leading to continuing spread of the disease, the number of fatalities can be substantial.

Again, the cognitive failure of accepting some laws meant to prevent people from hurting others, while crying like a little baby over the possibility of other such laws being passed, is remarkable. 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Then you could ask what the probability of injuring a kid is if you speed past a school; or you could consider the fact that in the case of vaccinations, if a significant part of the population choose not to vaccinate themselves, leading to continuing spread of the disease, the number of fatalities can be substantial.

Again, the cognitive failure of accepting some laws meant to prevent people from hurting others, while crying like a little baby over the possibility of other such laws being passed, is remarkable. 

Why have you ignored both the question and the Danish article I posted? The fact of the matter is, most democratic countries treasure their freedoms more than you do, and such stipulations will not pass.

PS

''There will be no mandatory vaccinations. It's not how we do things, in this country'' (Boris). I'd like to see Biden get that past through the federal states also. 

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, action said:

mandatory vaccination = dictatorship

our grandparents were blown to pieces on omaha beach to secure the luxury of liberty that we have today, and a couple of losers want to take it away again

We've had mandatory polio vaccination for at least decades now. Are you against that too?

3 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

how can it hurt other people?

other people are vaccinated, you silly.

the only person who gets hurt is the one refusing vaccination

shocking that I have to explain that to you

5 minutes ago, Lio said:

Are you against that too?

no

I should point out that there is no law in the United Kingdom requiring vaccination for anything, merely a recommendation: ''the United Kingdom relies on the individual’s sense of responsibility to society to promote the same outcome''. A mandated corona vaccine would therefore be a gross escalation in statist power and anathema to our political culture.

https://www.healthaffairs.org/doi/10.1377/hlthaff.24.3.755

Edited by DieselDaisy

a mandatory vaccination for covid is completely useless.

antibodies against covid only remain in the human body for a couple of months.

it would simply not be feasible to force a yearly vaccination. That's the whole population of the nation, that needs to get a vaccination each year, perhaps two times a year. I'd like to see them implement such an obligation.