Covid-19 Thread

adamsapple

They need to roll this shit out responsibly though.  Try it out on the old folks and the cripples first, lets face it, they got less to live for.  Then like...Millwall supporters, the unemployed, people with ginger hair.  Then like...country folk, all up north first basically.  And when we're absolutely sure it ain't gonna make you grow tits or have strange dreams about your mum, then try it on the normal people.

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

They need to roll this shit out responsibly though.  Try it out on the old folks and the cripples first, lets face it, they got less to live for.  Then like...Millwall supporters, the unemployed, people with ginger hair.  Then like...country folk, all up north first basically.  And when we're absolutely sure it ain't gonna make you grow tits or have strange dreams about your mum, then try it on the normal people.

And keep the Pakis as a control group just to check that it's still working. :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

and if they die within the next five years, then I won't be telling you lot I was right

2 minutes ago, Dazey said:

And keep the Pakis as a control group just to check that it's still working. :lol: 

We ain't taking it mate, we're gonna do what we always do, go stand shoulder to shoulder at the mosque and beg Allah for a cure, followed by a quick scourge and a back-hander for the wife :lol:

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Don't worry about tits or dreams about mum. For now only old people and front line workers get the vaccine

Most of us need to get this vaccine or it won't keep everyone safe.

As for people thinking God or whoever will keep them safe, they allowed this virus in the first place so that should tell you no one can save you and they really don't care all that much.

It just goes to show us we're not all that important in the grand scheme of things. We need to do better, but since that hasn't happened since man was made I doubt it'll ever happen.

12 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

This should make you happy: the beginning of the end,

TELEMMGLPICT000246257408_trans_NvBQzQNjv

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55227325

Love that shirt. I love anything with little penguins on it. Look at his little face. Precious. You go girl!

As for the beginning of the end, that happened back in March when the whole virus started.

6 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Christmas day back oop north is usually.

1. Presents

2. Pub

3. Paki Shop

4. Dinner

5. drunken argument

1. Presents is basically socks and a Linx aftershave box. 

Paki shop before pub, surely, as ''the missus'' will require the flour and eggs whilst you're at the boozer?

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

5. drunken argument

1. Presents is basically socks and a Linx aftershave box. 

Paki shop before pub, surely, as ''the missus'' will require the flour and eggs whilst you're at the boozer?

Paki shop is over the road from the pub. Usually it's just a last minute thing to pick up a few extra Stellas and the occasional AA battery or seven.

22 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Paki shop is over the road from the pub. Usually it's just a last minute thing to pick up a few extra Stellas and the occasional AA battery or seven.

A ''battery gate'' is obligatory. 

I suppose you have adopted a middle class metro Christmas now, involving European nibbles and wokeish dinnertime discussions on white guilt and trans-rights?

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Missing out on film education there, I see - it is better than Star Wars?

MV5BMTRmOGY1NTktMzUxZC00ODg4LWFlNTEtYzU4

*Googles "Batteries on Christmas, Fried Green Tomatoes, Star Wars*

... Nothing :shrugs:

(Is she the librarian from Ghost Busters too?)

And no, nothing is better than Star Wars. Don't be silly.

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

220px-Batteries_not_included._poster.jpg

Ive now watched the trailer and love the fucking class war! Stick it to those fucking gentrifier's :headbang:

I assume that the space ship from another planet need AA batteries, then? Howd they get here then?! And Christmas?

1 minute ago, soon said:

Ive now watched the trailer and love the fucking class war! Stick it to those fucking gentrifier's :headbang:

I assume that the space ship from another planet need AA batteries, then? Howd they get here then?! And Christmas?

Probably not the worst film for Chrimbo really, i.e., wholesome 1980s family entertainment. There were a lot of films like this in the '80s - Short Circuit is another. Veering into horror-comedy territory opens you up to Gremlins and Critters,, the former being certifiably ''Christmas''.