UYI boxset will be released 11/11/22. In Slash We Trust. * Now available *

18 minutes ago, ruttu69 said:

I wasn’t talking about 35 mm, they did film / tape all the shows

Yea, they taped all the shows... that was never the argument. From the context of my original post, you can see why I thought you were saying they filmed everything in high quality like the Ritz, right? Obviously they didn't do that.

20 minutes ago, ruttu69 said:

Like you would know that for a fact 😀

What do you mean?

4 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

Watching it now.

For those with the blu ray, I don't think the Atmos track is really adding anything? The 5.1 TrueHD is by far the best mix of the 3 audio choices.

I am using that track as well.  I will probably watch again with the Atmos track in full but for my first real full playthrough, I found the 5.1 mix the best.

Also it could by a psycho-acoustic trick but I feel the 5.1 mix is better than the stereo.  Izzy seems louder and way more easy to pick out.

I know our brains will tend to focus on the audio of what is shown on screen so maybe just seeing Izzy play allows my brain to filter it better but I have never heard him this clear.  There are times during Bad Obsession where he seems louder in the mix than Slash.  

Anyone else experience this?

34 minutes ago, UncleJosh said:

Also it could by a psycho-acoustic trick but I feel the 5.1 mix is better than the stereo.  Izzy seems louder and way more easy to pick out.

I know our brains will tend to focus on the audio of what is shown on screen so maybe just seeing Izzy play allows my brain to filter it better but I have never heard him this clear.  There are times during Bad Obsession where he seems louder in the mix than Slash.  

Anyone else experience this?

I keep going back to Bad Obsession on the bluray! I fucking love what Izzy is doing. 

I think its the most radically improved song versus the UYI version, for me. You really see the bones and stonesy grind of what Izzy was going for, versus how it ended up on the album and in 92. 

Edited by Ant000
  • Like 2

My UYI SDE CD box arrived a little while ago. It looks so nice sealed. However, I am eager to get into the set and have a look at the book and watch the Ritz BD! Does anyone have advice on safely opening the box for the 1st time? I don't want to damage anything. I should state that the promo sticker on the front states that the Super Deluxe Edition is "Limited Edition". I wonder if Universal learned their lesson with the AFD box and decided to produce fewer UYI Super Deluxe Edition sets? 

59 minutes ago, mrbrownstone8797 said:

Just read on discogs that the back cover shows "Dead Horse" as "Dead Horses". Been digging around trying to see which versions are affected. The Japanese deluxe CD shows it correctly but everything else I've seen so far has the mistake. This pic is from a standalone UYI vinyl.

MTYtMjUyMS5qcGVn.jpeg

They confused Dead Horse with Rolling Stones Wild Horses :D