UYI boxset will be released 11/11/22. In Slash We Trust. * Now available *

30 minutes ago, reayj2003 said:

Very surprised it’s all over that YT thing..

Has all that nonsense with fan filmed footage etc getting instantly pulled down stopped now?   

They can suck a dick.

Team Brazil has been promoting the takedowns for years, wiping out literal terabytes of videos that are never coming back.
Plenty of videos that haven't been backed-up by anyone (because why should they?) are lost forever because of TB practices.

I'm happy that all this stuff is being pirated everywhere.

But yes, answering your question, the takedowns did stop a few months ago. At least the ones regarding fan-filmed videos and bootlegs.

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

16 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

They can suck a dick.

Team Brazil has been promoting the takedowns for years, wiping out literal terabytes of videos that are never coming back.
Plenty of videos that haven't been backed-up by anyone (because why should they?) are lost forever because of TB practices.

I'm happy that all this stuff is being pirated everywhere.

But yes, answering your question, the takedowns did stop a few months ago. At least the ones regarding fan-filmed videos and bootlegs.

the lost forever videos make me sad. it was the age before everyone had cameras that could easily upload things. Those videos were rare, and now they have been destroyed!

I hope at least TB backed those up so at least they exist somewhere, wouldn't want to be destroying footage of their adopted family member and his performing pals :wacko: imagine if someone presented you videos of your child doing an excellent stage performance, and then you shred the tape just because you can :(

the amount of times i read into an old guns n roses discussion, and the people are like, "Look at this video :D ", but then the video is gone, it's just so disappointing

Edited by BucketEgg

18 minutes ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

30% off the UYI album boxset with code HOLIDAY through 11/23 at The Sound Of Vinyl website

https://thesoundofvinyl.us/products/guns-n-roses-use-your-illusion-i-ii-super-deluxe-box-set

Thank you for this. $350 plus tax with free shipping made me bite. Don’t know if it will be much cheaper than this anytime soon 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rockphantom said:

I am watching the Ritz '91 show for the first time. Simply amazing!!

Ritz '91 makes the $203 asking price for the CD version of UYI box totally worth it.
Everything else is a nice bonus.

While I am not a fan of what GNR turned into over the last 25 years and would not be CAUGHT DEAD at a GNR show in the modern era, I am happy to support archival releases like the UYI Super Deluxe Edition.

I am so thankful that I was a massive fan during  the "Golden Era", and that my mom was kind enough to take me hundreds of miles to see GN'R twice as a young teenager.  As a non-fan/parent at the time, even she enjoyed the shows!

If you want more archival releases like Ritz '91 and Vegas '92, BUY the Super Deluxe Edition!! It's all about supply and demand...

I get your overall point, but GN'R / TB are absolutely not going to relesse more things like this just because the fans bought it. The fan supported GN'R through very, VERY quiet periods when no one cared about them outside of the die hard fan base. All of that support led to absolutely no releases from the band. 

My take on it is: if you feel like there's enough in the set to justify spending $200, great. If not, that's great too. However, I don't think a bunch of fans buying this set will lead to more releases from GN'R. At the very least, I don't think anyone should spend money thinking that the end game is that GN'R will care to release more. 

5 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I get your overall point, but GN'R / TB are absolutely not going to relesse more things like this just because the fans bought it. The fan supported GN'R through very, VERY quiet periods when no one cared about them outside of the die hard fan base. All of that support led to absolutely no releases from the band. 

My take on it is: if you feel like there's enough in the set to justify spending $200, great. If not, that's great too. However, I don't think a bunch of fans buying this set will lead to more releases from GN'R. At the very least, I don't think anyone should spend money thinking that the end game is that GN'R will care to release more. 

I also don't see them releasing more unless it is for further anniversaries. They will put out more stuff on a 40th anniversary of UYI, and then further, when Axl and the band are probably long gone. Every last footage of GNR will come out at some point, but maybe not in many fans lifetimes.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

21 minutes ago, rockphantom said:

I am watching the Ritz '91 show for the first time. Simply amazing!!

Ritz '91 makes the $203 asking price for the CD version of UYI box totally worth it.
Everything else is a nice bonus.

While I am not a fan of what GNR turned into over the last 25 years and would not be CAUGHT DEAD at a GNR show in the modern era, I am happy to support archival releases like the UYI Super Deluxe Edition.

I am so thankful that I was a massive fan during  the "Golden Era", and that my mom was kind enough to take me hundreds of miles to see GN'R twice as a young teenager.  As a non-fan/parent at the time, even she enjoyed the shows!

If you want more archival releases like Ritz '91 and Vegas '92, BUY the Super Deluxe Edition!! It's all about supply and demand...

Damn you're lucky... I was about 11-12 at the time, lived hundreds of miles from Paris and missed both Vincennes 92 and Bercy 93.

So yeah, this release is kind of a catch up and everything I could dreamed of for that era. Plus its released just a few days before my Bday 😁

Edited by WillBailey
  • Like 2

Personally,

Once they said they were releasing shows on dvd, I thought Inglewood (the Ben Hur length one) or New York 13/12/91 could be one of them...

I find it a shame they didn't release a '91 show with Dead Horse and we didn't get at least one show with Breakdown/Locomotive...

But this is better than nothing

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I get your overall point, but GN'R / TB are absolutely not going to release more things like this just because the fans bought it. The fan supported GN'R through very, VERY quiet periods when no one cared about them outside of the die hard fan base. All of that support led to absolutely no releases from the band. 

I understand where you are coming from. I know that the UYI Super Deluxe Edition is ridiculously expensive, and not in every fan's budget. However, I'd like to suggest to my fellow fans, that instead of spending $200-$300 on a single GNR ticket to see the same OLD show, buy the UYI SDE box instead. It is a far superior value! 

I do hope that the UYI SDE sells well enough to encourage GNR/TB to release Paris '92/Wembley '91/Rio '91 officially at some point in the near future. Surely, all of the audio from those gigs were completely remixed for possible inclusion on the UYI 2CD sets. An official Paris '92 Blu-Ray/2CD package would be nice to have, as would something similar for the Rock In Rio '91 and Wembley '91 gigs. 

Edited by rockphantom

5 minutes ago, James Bond said:

I'd love me some Use Your Illusion Tour Ultimate Edition Blu-ray or something like that. A couple gigs from each leg of the tour since the approach to the songs and the setlists varied so much. I know there was the debate among which shows were shot on tape versus film but nevertheless just pick the best possible quality from each leg.

If only! 💔

4 minutes ago, James Bond said:

I'd love me some Use Your Illusion Tour Ultimate Edition Blu-ray or something like that. A couple gigs from each leg of the tour since the approach to the songs and the setlists varied so much. I know there was the debate among which shows were shot on tape versus film but nevertheless just pick the best possible quality from each leg.

They could definitely do some video box sets in the future - a UYI tour box set with Pantages Theatre blu ray and a few shows on CD and DVD, an AFD box with Cathouse blu ray and a few shows on CD and DVD, a CD-era box, a documentary box...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

They could definitely do some video box sets in the future - a UYI tour box set with Pantages Theatre blu ray and a few shows on CD and DVD, an AFD box with Cathouse blu ray and a few shows on CD and DVD, a CD-era box, a documentary box...

maybe when they can t tour as much,