UYI boxset will be released 11/11/22. In Slash We Trust. * Now available *

59 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

Perhaps we’ll see a record store day release in the future 

An RSD release would be too limited. It would leave many fans short changed and/or buying from gougers on eBay. I am hoping Paris 92 will be released as a 2CD/BD package in the not too distant future. I also hope for official CD releases of Wembley '91 and Rio '91 (both nights).  If the pro-shot video for the '91 shows is in good shape, release that too! Many serious fans of the "1987-1993 Golden Era" will buy any official live recordings from this period.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

They mixed the full Rio, Wembley and Paris shows, I honestly don't know why they didn't include them (even just as CDs, not even vinyl or DVDs...)

IMG_0044.png

13 minutes ago, rockphantom said:

An RSD release would be too limited. It would leave many fans short changed and/or buying from gougers on eBay. I am hoping Paris 92 will be released as a 2CD/BD package in the not too distant future. I also hope for official CD releases of Wembley '91 and Rio '91 (both nights).  If the pro-shot video for the '91 shows is in good shape, release that too! Many serious fans of the "1987-1993 Golden Era" will buy any official live recordings from this period.

Yeah they really should just release all of it, or at least put it up for streaming. Honestly the live tracks that made it on there are a little limiting imo.

21 minutes ago, rockphantom said:

They could do a RSD release on black vinyl and then do separate releases with coloured/marbled vinyl and CD's on their own. UYI live shows on red and blue vinyl will sell itself, I think the 4LP set of coloured vinyl was the first UYI reissue to sell out...

• GNFNR 1

3 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Seems like they've got enough live stuff ready for the next anniversary...

50th anniversary? In that time i am 52 years old. I watched Paris and Rio bootleg as a 19 year old boy. No thanks.

Inglewood with Breakdown and Locomotive please!

7 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

They mixed the full Rio, Wembley and Paris shows, I honestly don't know why they didn't include them (even just as CDs, not even vinyl or DVDs...)

IMG_0044.png

Wow - so we absolutely now know there are extra shows ‘in the can’ and ready to go.

A standalone Rio/Wembley/Paris release isn’t impossible. GNR - Live at Wembley…..just sounds right. Get that out on vinyl and take my money!!!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rockphantom said:

RSD release =/= limited

E.g. Pearl Jam Live on Two Legs LP re-issue was "RSD first" and I think that had a print run of 16.000. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rockphantom said:

Just because something is a RSD release, it doesn’t make it limited. There are tons of releases that are done in high numbers. It can even be re-released later on a different color vinyl to get around the exclusivity 

It’s just a good avenue to release a full live show and it doesn’t have to conflict with any future plans with the way it’s presented. 

It’s all futile anyways. This is GNR we’re talking about 

Edited by guitarpatch

14 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

IMG_0044.png

So Tokyo was not listed. I’m assuming the Japan bonus tracks from Tokyo are not remixed then.

Also, since they pieced out those shows and gave us the drum solos and guest appearances, I’d wager a Live Era 2 or Greatest Hits Live album in the future.

I just got my Super Deluxe CD set. Not happy with Amazon, as they combined three separate orders into one oversized box, with no packing material or protection between items. Just five items floating around to ding and damage each other. The 40th anniversary super deluxe of Rush's 'Moving Pictures' album for my brother in-law got the worst of it. That's Amazon in a nutshell. They can be great on occasion, or horrendously bad.

As far as the UYI box set goes, it's heavier than I was expecting. Haven't looked at the lithos yet, and skimmed though the book. The memorabilia extras aren't impressive at all. Audio quality on the remastered studio albums sounds pretty good. The highlight of the entire set is the Ritz '91 blu-ray, no doubt.

The urge I was having to buy the LP box set has diminished greatly. I did order the limited edition 4LP set, which due to production delays, is scheduled for delivery next week.

Ok, now I go back to waiting for new music.

That is all.

17 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

IMG_0044.png

This means that the Tokyo bonus tracks on the Japanese releases were not remixed.

EDIT: @quikspade I see you mentioned this too.

Edited by We love Axl Rose
  • Like 1

(sorry in advance if this has been covered already..)

(sorry in advance if i have made a mistake..)

I was reading the RollingStone article (November 11th 2022)

Guns N’ Roses‘ ’Use Your Illusion’ Box

Set Is an Image of a Band Refusing to

Give Up its Place in the Jungle

"..guitarist Izzy Stradlin slovenly addresses the crowd after a ragged “My Michelle”: “Fuckin’ three years ago, fuckin’ Appetite came out,” he says. “Fuckin’ no one would give the band fuckin’ shit for notoriety or anything."

The video i watched featured Slash speaking the exact same words after My Michelle (GN'R The Ritz 1991)

Has RollingStone confused Slash with Izzy Stradlin ? :D

Here is the link:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-album-reviews/guns-n-roses-use-your-illusion-super-deluxe-box-set-review-1234629081/

Here is a snapshot:

Rolling-Stone-Novermber-11-2022-Guns-NRo

Edited by star