UYI boxset will be released 11/11/22. In Slash We Trust. * Now available *

I finally got my 4 LP special limited edition vinyl yesterday. Had some shipping issues--some lazy fuck at FedEx didn't want to deliver it in the heart of the busy season last month, so he/she put a code on it that said I refused it--but it's finally in my hands. I like it. Has a couple of small tears in the plastic wrap, which sucks, because it's not my intention to break the seal by opening it. That's how I am with vinyls, especially limited editions.

#554 of 5,000

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, 6lake sa66ath said:

Got around to getting my hands on the Deluxe CD boxset, I love it overall, very cool collector’s item for sure.

One question, does anybody know who the band is pictured in Duff’s photo card insert? The album cover on display is The Damned’s  Damned Damned Damned, I know that much.

Can you post the pic?

1 hour ago, rockphantom said:

For those of you in the USA, the UYI SDE Box has dropped to $170 on Amazon today.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B4F5M2TX/

Will the box hit $100 by the end of May?

Time will tell...

Good lookin' out. I'm waiting for the price to drop below $150 for the CD Super Deluxe. I really want the vinyl version but won't pay more than $200.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

Good lookin' out. I'm waiting for the price to drop below $150 for the CD Super Deluxe. I really want the vinyl version but won't pay more than $200.

Check out Keepa.com and add an alert for the GNR Boxes. Keepa monitors Amazon for price fluctuations.

Keepa sent me an email early this morning informing me of the price change.

Keepa.com has saved me a lot of money over the last several years.

• Like 1

On 2/20/2023 at 4:55 PM, rockphantom said:

For those of you in the USA, the UYI SDE Box has dropped to $170 on Amazon today.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B4F5M2TX/

Will the box hit $100 by the end of May?

Time will tell...

Honestly 100-150 would be a fair price. The Blu-ray is amazing and the book is really cool too.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Listening to the live tracks and its really what Live Era should have been. The performances aren't perfect but its the band in that era which is what the 1999 album was sold on. Putting out true live compilations from different eras is something they should consider for the future.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mystery said:

Listening to the live tracks and its really what Live Era should have been. The performances aren't perfect but its the band in that era which is what the 1999 album was sold on. Putting out true live compilations from different eras is something they should consider for the future.

Agreed. The fact that Lock N Loaded had no live stuff past what had previously been released as b sides was a bummer. I would like to see them release LPs of the Marquee in its entirety since it was before they hit it big plus another concert from 88.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, DTV88 said:

Agreed. The fact that Lock N Loaded had no live stuff past what had previously been released as b sides was a bummer. I would like to see them release LPs of the Marquee in its entirety since it was before they hit it big plus another concert from 88.

I could see them releasing an "AFD era live box set" in the future. Cathouse '89, Giants Stadium '88, Melbourne '88 and maybe Ritz '88 on video, Marquee '87 and Tokyo '88 on cd/vinyl... hopefully they can work something out with Marc Canter, too.

At some point they will probably release live stuff from the vault. Whether or not it's in Axl's lifetime is another question.

• GNFNR 1

Just listened to the 22 version of NR. Incredible, how it just sounds so similar to axls vision back then with synths... I dig the new version, with the real strings, just a little bit more, but come on... What a great song! Just a thought.. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really enjoying the sound quality/performance of the Vegas '92 show. It's a shame this stellar live recording was locked away for 30 years. It would have made perfect sense to release the Vegas '92 soundboard as an official 3CD + Sympathy For The Devil as a bonus track in December of 1994 as a stopgap between TSI and the "next album" that never came. Oh well. Better late than never!

• Like 2

On 3/25/2023 at 7:03 PM, TheSlashrose said:

Pink Floyd teaching how to launch a commemorative box set for The Dark Side Of The Moon 50th anniversary, a massive advertisements all over the world.

Really? I haven't seen any. Only thing I have read and seen about the box set is that it's too expensive. And now I read something about how the dictator loving goof will release his own re-recorded bullshit version of the album.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/29/2023 at 4:47 AM, tboneman said:

Really? I haven't seen any. Only thing I have read and seen about the box set is that it's too expensive. And now I read something about how the dictator loving goof will release his own re-recorded bullshit version of the album.

I also have not seen any advertising for it, outside of a few articles like you mentioned.  

It would also make sense for there to be more advertising since it's a bigger album and they probably expect bigger sales.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Is very impresive the audio mixes on this bluray. 

I saw the show on TrueHD 5.1 a lot of times.... and this last weekend i enjoyed the Dobly Atmos i believe (the 2nd one on the audio menu) and kind of a fn new show. What a good stuff!!!!!