UYI boxset will be released 11/11/22. In Slash We Trust. * Now available *

13 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Nice review, but man does that writer hate Nirvana…

Pretty sure most of my favorite live versions of the UYI songs are from these sets now.

Am I the only one who feels a bit of deception listening to the Rio or even Wembley 91 bonus tracks?

I mean they're kinda cool but I feel like the sound/mix isn't as good as the Ritz or Vegas and those two shows have better performances overall. Of course its cool to have Bad Apples, but I dont know...maybe on video it would have worked better. Same for Wembley. A video would have been very nice.

16 minutes ago, WillBailey said:

Am I the only one who feels a bit of deception listening to the Rio or even Wembley 91 bonus tracks?

I mean they're kinda cool but I feel like the sound/mix isn't as good as the Ritz or Vegas and those two shows have better performances overall. Of course its cool to have Bad Apples, but I dont know...maybe on video it would have worked better. Same for Wembley. A video would have been very nice.

I noticed that too about the mixing, but the great performances themselves make up for it (for me, at least). Ritz 91 and Vegas 92 are mixed beautifully though, at least.

Edited by rocknroll41

22 minutes ago, Its Tino said:

Very happy to get properly released Slash solos from the UYI era. 

His tone on some of these Ritz solos is insane.. So glad this is getting out there so many can be reminded of how fucking awesome this band was back in the day. Hopefully there is much more to come.. They have a lot of catching up to do compared to other bands.

• Like 4

As a completionist (read: sucker) I bought both the super deluxe and colored vinyls. The super deluxe came this morning but my colored vinyl order got delayed by a week (purchased through Sound of Vinyl). Did this happen to anyone else? I haven't seen the colored vinyls in any pictures on social media.

Also wondering if anyone knows if the Japanese exclusive bonus tracks are on the streaming services if you use a Japanese VPN?

22 minutes ago, mrbrownstone8797 said:

As a completionist (read: sucker) I bought both the super deluxe and colored vinyls. The super deluxe came this morning but my colored vinyl order got delayed by a week (purchased through Sound of Vinyl). Did this happen to anyone else? I haven't seen the colored vinyls in any pictures on social media.

Also wondering if anyone knows if the Japanese exclusive bonus tracks are on the streaming services if you use a Japanese VPN?

What are the Japan bonus tracks? I tried searching the forum but couldn’t find them. 

Just a PSA as I’ve seen a few people bitching about the Japanese bonus tracks - one post even said “shame on GN’R for doing that”. Bonus tracks on Japanese releases are absolute standard practice for almost all major artists/releases in Japan. It’s hard for the Japanese record industry to get locals to buy Japanese-produced products as the imports are in many cases still cheaper. The idea of Japanese bonus tracks were thought up some years ago to serve as a reason for locals to buy the local products. We’re lucky it was only tracks that are available elsewhere, whether or not they’ve been remixed. Many times a Japanese bonus track will be something that is completely exclusive to that release. As much as we love to shit on GN’R sometimes (And as much as they sometimes do deserve our criticism), this one can’t be pinned in the band one bit. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

Just a PSA as I’ve seen a few people bitching about the Japanese bonus tracks - one post even said “shame on GN’R for doing that”. Bonus tracks on Japanese releases are absolute standard practice for almost all major artists/releases in Japan. It’s hard for the Japanese record industry to get locals to buy Japanese-produced products as the imports are in many cases still cheaper. The idea of Japanese bonus tracks were thought up some years ago to serve as a reason for locals to buy the local products. We’re lucky it was only tracks that are available elsewhere, whether or not they’ve been remixed. Many times a Japanese bonus track will be something that is completely exclusive to that release. As much as we love to shit on GN’R sometimes (And as much as they sometimes do deserve our criticism), this one can’t be pinned in the band one bit. 

Thank you for the PSA.  

Any word on the quality of the recording?

1 hour ago, illusionone said:

Looks like free shipping too. Plus 5% off if you are a member.  So close!!! If I can get it under $400 shipping/tax included I might have to

4 hours ago, McCoyGNR said:

For bands that want to push premium prices for physical mediums, would be a really nice move to ship those products first before the digital release is available. I feel like I paid a $750 premium for both the super deluxe and deluxe sets and my reward is a penalty that I have to listen to the streaming version because they didn’t ship ahead or had production delays…

I agree! I'm disappointed with the way this was handled. I thought that I would have received the super deluxe today. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chris 55 said:

Read where?

"Steven Wilson did a surround mix but the band rejected it. Bummer. The only thing that was kept from Steven Wilson's mix is the new version of November Rain with the new orchestra."

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?p=20481332

Also:

Rumor is Steven Wilson did an Atmos mix of both UYI 1 and 2

He did but he's just confirmed to me that it won't be coming out. Band didn't like Atmos.

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/threads/guns-n-roses-use-your-illusion-30th-anniversary-coming-out-next-year.31571/

3 hours ago, WillBailey said:

I see that all live tracks were mixed by the same team, so it probably has to do with the quality of the source recording. The Ritz, Vegas and Paris were recorded by Mike Clink, but Wembley and Rio were recorded by other people.

• Like 1

I haven’t listened to much of it yet so I need to reserve judgement. I put it on my Sonos (via Spotify) today and it shuffled it so I didn’t get straight live stuff.

I encountered the remastered Breakdown and I wouldn’t have been able to tell any difference. The Vegas stuff sounded excellent, the Ritz stuff less so.

It’s cool to have official live GN’R music out but the frustrated fan in me (which is 10% max) sees little difference between releasing live material that has been, largely, available for 30 years and renaming Silkworms and telling us it’s a brand new single.

I haven’t formed my thoughts yet so I need to think this through and listen to it more. Glad everyone is enjoying it though. That’s what matters.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Love what Gilby is doing during the talk box solo on Rocket Queen.. What were they thinking with that fucking Live Era version? I used to love that "performance" too. I will never intentionally listen to it again. 

While i definitely agree the real version is so much better than the live era version, Axls ‘99 vocals are absolutely insane on that track and I have to keep that one in my playlist just for that fact. Makes me wonder why they cut gilby tho? Only reason I can think of is that Axls vocals cut into his track a bit so they didn’t want Axls original vocals being heard alongside his ‘99 take

• Like 2