UYI boxset will be released 11/11/22. In Slash We Trust. * Now available *

• 4 weeks later...
  • alfierose unpinned this topic
  • 1 month later...

Forgive me if a similar post has already been posted, but I love how much clearer the Audio is on the UYI Boxset. 😀 A prime example is "Back Off Bitch." In the original Back Off Bitch that was released in 1991, Axl sounds like he is saying,"Back off bit." 🧐But in the UYI Boxset, he is CLEARLY saying,"Back off Bitch." 😀

Edited by Karice
  • Haha 1

Just caved in and got the super deluxe CD edition for 199 Euros, although I'm usually a vinyl collector. So so looking forward to the Blu-ray and being able to rip the live tracks on my mp3 player for running (yes, I'm that old-school), so I can ignore not having this box on vinyl.

On 7/6/2023 at 11:24 AM, Coma16 said:

Does anyone have the limited edition vinyl of color set with the slipmat? Hows the quality of them? Thinking of picking them up.

I have it, but I haven't opened it, and likely won't.

Given that (allegedly) only 5,000 units were produced, I'd like to see if the value of an unopened set will increase.

On 7/6/2023 at 10:24 AM, Coma16 said:

Does anyone have the limited edition vinyl of color set with the slipmat? Hows the quality of them? Thinking of picking them up.

I spun mine, and they sound great. They're pressed very well. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Walapino said:

the blu ray cant be bought stand alone right?

I found a nicely packaged bootleg on ebay a while ago. Looks really good and visual quality is great - quality overall really good. Only the print on the disc is a bit lower quality but you'd barely ever look at that anyways :)

• Like 1

Just now, Twinfoot said:

I found a nicely packaged bootleg on ebay a while ago. Looks really good and visual quality is great - quality overall really good. Only the print on the disc is a bit lower quality but you'd barely ever look at that anyways :)

Ill take a look, thanks for the tip.

6 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

I'm waiting until it dips below $150. 

Probably around Thanksgiving/Black Friday. I just received my box set and found it quite underwhelming. I didn't have the same excitement I did when I opened the AFD. Wish they would have included demos and perhaps more live content, a documentary on the tour or bts recordings. 

It's cool but not worth the price tag. 

Edited by Chuerta86
  • Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

Hey guys and gals,

It's been a while since I've looked for it but have the original files for the artwork of the bonus live discs come up anywhere?  Digital releases do not feature this artwork for the live discs, only the general box set art. All discs from the AFD box set had their separate art in fairly high res files.

I can only seem to find lo-res ones, and not the other variations :

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSUUS9QTn26GJQfP20YSN_

FfmECtKaEAIaSdg.jpg

12 minutes ago, EvH said:

Hey guys and gals,

It's been a while since I've looked for it but have the original files for the artwork of the bonus live discs come up anywhere?  Digital releases do not feature this artwork for the live discs, only the general box set art. All discs from the AFD box set had their separate art in fairly high res files.

I can only seem to find lo-res ones, and not the other variations :

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSUUS9QTn26GJQfP20YSN_

FfmECtKaEAIaSdg.jpg

GunsNRoses-LiveinLasVegasI.jpg.2ea03f241791f9fdd012a05c8ec69a65.jpgGunsNRoses-LiveinNewYorkI.jpg.8eec975eedc5459c9edf29342538cda4.jpgGunsNRoses-LiveinLasVegasII.jpg.c98b6c8a1cc1f5ee50109aaf1c0f43f5.jpgGunsNRoses-LiveinNewYorkII.jpg.c9d66652ce8eb202d5e23f0db7439f0c.jpg
These are the ones I have. It seems that until someone with the LP set takes some good photos this is it. Good luck my friend.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, quikspade said:

GunsNRoses-LiveinLasVegasI.jpg.2ea03f241791f9fdd012a05c8ec69a65.jpgGunsNRoses-LiveinNewYorkI.jpg.8eec975eedc5459c9edf29342538cda4.jpgGunsNRoses-LiveinLasVegasII.jpg.c98b6c8a1cc1f5ee50109aaf1c0f43f5.jpgGunsNRoses-LiveinNewYorkII.jpg.c9d66652ce8eb202d5e23f0db7439f0c.jpg
These are the ones I have. It seems that until someone with the LP set takes some good photos this is it. Good luck my friend.

I keep hoping someone with the ability and talent to make custom artwork would do some for the live shows in the set but so far nada. It is confusing when looking at the artwork in my audio player as to what I want to actually listen to since the studio stuff and the live stuff all have the same artwork.

• Like 2

On 7/11/2023 at 12:41 AM, Chuerta86 said:

The CD deluxe edition is at $160 (from $250) at Amazon. Still overpriced but the completionist in me wants to bite the bullet

That is still overpriced. I bought Michael Jackson's greatest hits Boxset for about $60, and his greatest hits were FIVE CD's! Use Your Illusions Albums are only TWO CDs. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/13/2023 at 3:19 PM, Powerage5 said:

I'm waiting until it dips below $150. 

Same here. Patience paid off for the Locked and Loaded set. I got it for a little bit over $200 and I wanted that way more than I do this release. I think $150 and below is definitely possible.

• GNFNR 1

On 7/22/2023 at 9:42 AM, Karice said:

That is still overpriced. I bought Michael Jackson's greatest hits Boxset for about $60, and his greatest hits were FIVE CD's! Use Your Illusions Albums are only TWO CDs. 

Plus four unreleased live CDs and an unreleased Blu Ray. Is it overpriced? Yes. But you’re underselling what’s in the box also. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...