UYI boxset will be released 11/11/22. In Slash We Trust. * Now available *

11 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

I never thought they’d ever release any of those demos with that drum machine anyways. That stuff was never meant to be heard. If they even have a 1st generation copy of it  

If anything, maybe some alternate takes. However with how those sessions were rushed when they brought in Sorum, maybe there just isn’t much to scrap 

That drum machine sound was awful. 

13 minutes ago, Propaganda said:

Some years ago a photo showed up here, of someone who had returned some dat Tapes and material to the band, that was found somewhere. I remember seeing this picture here with everything pilled up. But I have no idea where to find that picture. 

Oh yeah, I figured you were talking about that picture. People mistakenly think those tapes had to do with GN'R and that TB took them etc., and it's brought up over and over, but most of that stuff wasn't GN'R stuff. There was only a DAT tape with two Duff/Izzy demos from 1995 but that was post-UYI so it wouldn't have been in a UYI box set anyway. The other stuff was mostly from Duff's collaborations post-GN'R, so it was Duff who collected those tapes, not the band (Susan even mentioned it in an interview).

gnr_ta11.jpg

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

Oh yeah, I figured you were talking about that picture. People mistakenly think those tapes had to do with GN'R and that TB took them etc. and it's brought up over and over, but most of that stuff wasn't GN'R stuff. There was only a DAT tape with two Duff/Izzy demos from 1995. The other stuff was mostly from Duff's collaborations post-GN'R, so it was Duff who collected those tapes, not the band (Susan even mentioned it in an interview). (except the one I mentioned, but that was post-UYI so it wouldn't have been in a UYI box set anyway).

gnr_ta11.jpg

Yes that was it lol I thought they were from the UYI era. Nevermind then. :lol:

4 minutes ago, BreakDown2014 said:

Out of the hundreds of live versions of YCBM they could have chosen, they chose the one where Izzy completely fucks up the intro :lol:

And release it as the first track. Almost like there trying to bury him

Just now, Fanboy said:

$500, what a great price! I can't wait to not spend it.
AFD box didn't sell really well, half price after few months, and they dare to set the same price for UYI box. Thats genius

The AFD box set (the full version) was double the price of this, it was $1000.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ihatemydent said:

I'm a bit bummed I probably can't afford to get the blu-ray version set since it's way out of my price range. Anyone think they may do a one night screening in theatres of the Ritz 91' footage since it's both on film and now scanned to 4K?

I don’t know, considering the label hasn’t promoted anything, not even released a clip from the Ritz concert when they should’ve had… Are we missing something? I don’t want to wait till November to hear the deluxe edition album

Just now, darkside259 said:

Scanned to 4 k ?

It is not? 

1 minute ago, UncleJosh said:

In the release they state the original film was scanned to 4K and is being downscaled to 1080p for the BluRay. So they do have a 4K version.

I’m willing to buy the box set just to let the label know that people is really interested in buying more 4k/dvd/bluray concerts

• Like 2

I think I used to have a bootleg double CD import of the Paris show.  Steven Tyler joined them for a few songs.  Is that the same gig?  Does he make a guest appearance on this?   I vividly remember the welcome to the jungle intro.   “Paris France and the rest of the world watching….. do you know where the fuck you are!” It was in pretty good quality too. I found the cd case but can’t find the cds 

That is the same gig. He plays Mama Kin and Train Kept a Rolling. Jeff Beck was supposed to be there and play Locomotive which you see him playing in the rehearsal footage without Axl. He got sick and didn't play the actual show which is the biggest disappointment of the show for me. That and no Nightrain of course.

It is a very good show but of course even the best video capture and audio bootleg were limited to recording the on air broadcasts at the time.  I have so many copies of this show in audio and on vhs, bootleg dvd, mkv, homemade bluray as I always wanted the best version possible. I am looking forward to see how the audio sounds for this release.

5 minutes ago, UncleJosh said:

That is the same gig. He plays Mama Kin and Train Kept a Rolling. Jeff Beck was supposed to be there and play Locomotive which you see him playing in the rehearsal footage without Axl. He got sick and didn't play the actual show which is the biggest disappointment of the show for me. That and no Nightrain of course.

It is a very good show but of course even the best video capture and audio bootleg were limited to recording the on air broadcasts at the time.  I have so many copies of this show in audio and on vhs, bootleg dvd, mkv, homemade bluray as I always wanted the best version possible. I am looking forward to see how the audio sounds for this release.

Didn't jeff Beck blow his ear drum out or something?