UYI boxset will be released 11/11/22. In Slash We Trust. * Now available *

4 hours ago, ihatemydent said:

I'm a bit bummed I probably can't afford to get the blu-ray version set since it's way out of my price range. Anyone think they may do a one night screening in theatres of the Ritz 91' footage since it's both on film and now scanned to 4K?

Give it several months til it comes down in price. It'll get cheaper if it's anything like the Appetite box.

I wonder if we'll get box sets or reissues for Spaghetti and Chinese.

44 minutes ago, Gunner Gilby said:

Give it several months til it comes down in price. It'll get cheaper if it's anything like the Appetite box.

I wonder if we'll get box sets or reissues for Spaghetti and Chinese.

If we do, I hope the remastering will fix the "Down on the Farm" clipping/cracking after Slash's guitar solo. 

Edited by Chris 55

• alfierose changed the title to UYI boxset will be released 11/11/22. In Slash We Trust. * Now available to Pre -Order *

I pre ordered the £54.99 CD set. My basic car stereo will thank me as it's been stuck with the AFD anniversary CD for the last two years. :lol:

The addition of a t shirt is cool although the design isn't massively to my taste so I got that in an L and may gift to my son.

I've put the UK and US links in the OP - any other links you think would be useful in there DM or tag me.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rendestroi95 said:

was listening to this earlier today

band management didn't care at all, just straight up ripped the radio broadcast. Even the announcer saying the radio tag ("98FM O Dia Live from Rock in Rio 2") :rofl-lol:

It says "remastered" on the cover. It is what it is :rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

7 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

He sounds pretty good in that rehearsal tape.

I did wonder if we might have got a Mates rehearsal ala the Sound City stuff. Locomotive is superb - I guess there perhaps wasn’t much more than what is out there already. And no Axl on them either.

• Like 1

On 12/13/2021 at 7:54 PM, allwaystired said:

Great. I echo sentiments about it being sensibly priced. 

Again though, I'll believe it when I see it! 

If that comes next year, then I'd say we can kiss any new material goodbye for another year. 

I think you were right then.. 

6 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

Was the ritz show recorded using higher quality cameras and audio due to the fact they filmed the YCBM video with the same gear?

otherwise I don’t see the significance of releasing this show as opposed to many other choices.

The Ritz show was filmed and yes that requires different cameras. Very few UYI shows were filmed as it was expensive. This was confirmed by Doug Goldstein. 

• Like 2

I have to say, they did a much better job here than I expected. Okay, granted, my expectations were less than nothing. But still! 

I'd say both the vinyl and cd super deluxe editions are cool sets and fairly priced. 

The material seems cool and I'm curious about November Rain too. 

The different formats they're offering seem a lot better than with the AFD release as well. 

Much better content-to-crap ratio than the AFD box. By which I mean less fake memorabilia and expensive boxes and more music. Good. 

I still have a few gripes though:

- The regular UYI 1 and 2 deluxe editions offer material that isn't on the super deluxe edition. That kinda bothers me because it feels like they're making hardcore fans buy both and that's just lame.

- No demo's. Really a big shame! Yes, we all wanted live material for AFD. But man would it have been nice to do a good mixture of both. 

- Why go 4k only to scale it down to 1080p? That just makes no sense. 

Either way, these are cool releases. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, username said:

I have to say, they did a much better job here than I expected. Okay, granted, my expectations were less than nothing. But still! 

I'd say both the vinyl and cd super deluxe editions are cool sets and fairly priced. 

The material seems cool and I'm curious about November Rain too. 

The different formats they're offering seem a lot better than with the AFD release as well. 

Much better content-to-crap ratio than the AFD box. By which I mean less fake memorabilia and expensive boxes and more music. Good. 

I still have a few gripes though:

- The regular UYI 1 and 2 deluxe editions offer material that isn't on the super deluxe edition. That kinda bothers me because it feels like they're making hardcore fans buy both and that's just lame.

- No demo's. Really a big shame! Yes, we all wanted live material for AFD. But man would it have been nice to do a good mixture of both. 

- Why go 4k only to scale it down to 1080p? That just makes no sense. 

Either way, these are cool releases. 

The fan base now also has a pro shot from each year, if you include Saskatoon, so there is full representation of the tour. This boxset gives me that as a die hard fan.

7 minutes ago, Debt said:

Its the George Lucas effect. All artists suffer from it. 

Perfectionism is hell of a thing. Procrastination too. In my opinion that's his problem. I'm pretty sure Axl wants release alot of stuff. But look at Hard Skool, Absurd, Perhaps, State Of Grace, Atlas Shrugged... He sits on these song for decades ! I'm sure sitting on work for decades makes you sick. Announce and then bring nothing. That's why he doesn't say anything publicly anymore. Leave him Atlas Shrugged and co. finish and release. That makes Axl a little bit happier.

George Lucas was just smart. Stop what makes you sick. He sold it

1 hour ago, troccoli said:

Just what was revealed today

Pretty sure the super deluxe is it, I don't believe there is anything higher/more expensive coming

I was actually wondering the same thing...

I passed everything along.  I was told it was the band's decision last time not to include live material, and their decision this time not to have demos/outtakes, etc.

Sell what exactly?

Yeah - once the actual announcement came and the packages were unveiled it was obvious to he SD was the big package. You have actually answered my next question in that it was the bands choice not to include demos etc. At least there are demos on the internet and maybe that played a part in their choice. The lack of Ain’t Going Down is very odd.

Re AFD set - I can only assume that their choice for the lack of AFD live stuff means we might see standalone releases at some point.

Cheers for acting as a go-between - it will have helped to ensure live footage (both audio and video) were included this time. 👍

4 minutes ago, Debt said:

The fan base now also has a pro shot from each year, if you include Saskatoon, so there is full representation of the tour. This boxset gives me that as a die hard fan.

Was Saskatoon pro-shot or ‘venue camera’? I was sure it was the latter!

6 hours ago, rendestroi95 said:

was listening to this earlier today

band management didn't care at all, just straight up ripped the radio broadcast. Even the announcer saying the radio tag ("98FM O Dia Live from Rock in Rio 2") :rofl-lol:

This is the old bootleg that's been around since '91 not the new UYI boxset version.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, t-p-d-a said:

Perfectionism is hell of a thing. Procrastination too. In my opinion that's his problem. I'm pretty sure Axl wants release alot of stuff. But look at Hard Skool, Absurd, Perhaps, State Of Grace, Atlas Shrugged... He sits on these song for decades ! I'm sure sitting on work for decades makes you sick. Announce and then bring nothing. That's why he doesn't say anything publicly anymore. Leave him Atlas Shrugged and co. finish and release. That makes Axl a little bit happier.

George Lucas was just smart. Stop what makes you sick. He sold it

It took George a long time to understand that and let it go. I feel Axl will release whats left to unburden some aspect of his being. 

55 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Was Saskatoon pro-shot or ‘venue camera’? I was sure it was the latter!

Damn. Good question. It was the image projected on the side screens for people in the cheap seats. That is the band’s production.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Debt said:

It took George a long time to understand that and let it go. I feel Axl will release whats left to unburden some aspect of his being. 

Damn. Good question. It was the image projected on the side screens for people in the cheap seats. That is the band’s production.

Not that it matters really - it’s awesome footage of a great gig. The reason I asked was because someone asked me yesterday…and I thought it wasn’t a full pro-shot! The Nice Boys performance at that gig is 🔥.

• Like 1