UYI boxset will be released 11/11/22. In Slash We Trust. * Now available *

14 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

No hardcore fan should be buying this. How else is the message going to get across if we just keep buying what they *literally* shit out?

Youre so wrong.

Im so glad they put a bluray gig from 1991!!!! And a full audio from Vegas 92!!!!.

Thats was a mayor upgrade compared to LnL.

And was good for me the Vinyl and CD options, bc i really dont want vinyls.... i was obliged to bought Vinyls on LnL to get all the stuff. And now i can choose CDs plus Bluray and the re release of UYI plus more songs.

The only shit that i would complain complain complain is the NO FN DEMOS. The 5.1 stuff was "replaced" by the Bluray gig. 

This is no perfect but is a little more good for me.

Goddamn gnr. We need the fn demos.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, nycmale said:

It worked as long as its your first order. Did you try?

I’m in UK but am trying to find cheapest option. As far as I can tell my only current UK option is the official GnR website which is something like £440 plus an extra £45 for delivery. I’d probably bite at £400 total.

6 minutes ago, ToonGuns said:

I’m in UK but am trying to find cheapest option. As far as I can tell my only current UK option is the official GnR website which is something like £440 plus an extra £45 for delivery. I’d probably bite at £400 total.

AH, I am in the US. Sorry about that

• Like 1

1 hour ago, axlvai said:

Youre so wrong.

Im so glad they put a bluray gig from 1991!!!! And a full audio from Vegas 92!!!!.

Thats was a mayor upgrade compared to LnL.

And was good for me the Vinyl and CD options, bc i really dont want vinyls.... i was obliged to bought Vinyls on LnL to get all the stuff. And now i can choose CDs plus Bluray and the re release of UYI plus more songs.

The only shit that i would complain complain complain is the NO FN DEMOS. The 5.1 stuff was "replaced" by the Bluray gig. 

This is no perfect but is a little more good for me.

Goddamn gnr. We need the fn demos.

You're excited over breadcrumbs ..... It's totally unreasonable to pay those prices for a '91 blu ray and '92 audio ... It's not that spectacular ... Before the purge we had dozens of shows video and audio that sounded fantastic .... Fuck this band

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ToonGuns said:

Thats something I dont really understand. You can get CDs + Bluray Box in the US for 260$, here in Germany you have to pay 300€. 

11 hours ago, username said:

I have to say, they did a much better job here than I expected. Okay, granted, my expectations were less than nothing. But still! 

I'd say both the vinyl and cd super deluxe editions are cool sets and fairly priced. 

The material seems cool and I'm curious about November Rain too. 

The different formats they're offering seem a lot better than with the AFD release as well. 

Much better content-to-crap ratio than the AFD box. By which I mean less fake memorabilia and expensive boxes and more music. Good. 

I still have a few gripes though:

- The regular UYI 1 and 2 deluxe editions offer material that isn't on the super deluxe edition. That kinda bothers me because it feels like they're making hardcore fans buy both and that's just lame.

- No demo's. Really a big shame! Yes, we all wanted live material for AFD. But man would it have been nice to do a good mixture of both. 

- Why go 4k only to scale it down to 1080p? That just makes no sense. 

Either way, these are cool releases. 

What's on the individual Illusion 1 and 2 deluxe editions that's not on the super deluxe edition? 

1 hour ago, nycmale said:

Thanks.

Going back and forth on this.  

I think it is all pretty cool. They did much better on the price than last time, that's for sure.

I don't have the Illusions on Vinyl so that would be nice.  I love that they are releasing the two live albums though I saw there are a bunch of sides that have 2 songs each which is annoying as fuck. I don't care about any of the swag at all.  I am most excited for the Blu Ray and couldn't care less that the music videos aren't on there. You can watch them for free on their Youtube channel if you really want to. 

So basically $400 bucks for 12LPs and a Blu Ray... 12 LPS sounds like a lot but like I said, it seems like half of them have 2 or 3 songs per side. 

hmmmmmmmm

The most positive outcome of this - here had to be some communication with Iz/Matt/Gilby.

What does NR 2022 mean and who is playing on it!? Is it  just remastered version, reworked NR, new drums or old drums!?

why do they repeat Ritz and Las Vegas instead of putting different gigs?

DVD from Vegas, audio from Ritz, Blue Ray from '93, vinyl from Inglewood etc.

Shame we get only 3 gigs on so much plastic.

1 minute ago, Frankfurt93 said:

The most positive outcome of this - here had to be some communication with Iz/Matt/Gilby.

What does NR 2022 mean and who is playing on it!? Is it  just remastered version, reworked NR, new drums or old drums!?

why do they repeat Ritz and Las Vegas instead of putting different gigs?

DVD from Vegas, audio from Ritz, Blue Ray from '93, vinyl from Inglewood etc.

Shame we get only 3 gigs on so much plastic.

UYI I features “November Rain” with a real 50-piece orchestra for the first-time ever – Newly recorded, conducted & arranged by Grammy® Award winner & Emmy Award nominated composer Christopher Lennertz.

5 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

I thought every show was filmed? Didn't Axl watch (study) every performance afterwards during the tour?

Every show was filmed audio/video.  Check out audience filmed shows, you camera crews on every show.

Actually, GNR, Metallica Nirvana, Pumpkins..., you name it, every band that became big recorded every show.

2 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

UYI I features “November Rain” with a real 50-piece orchestra for the first-time ever – Newly recorded, conducted & arranged by Grammy® Award winner & Emmy Award nominated composer Christopher Lennertz.

yes, but who is playing as band or do you understand it is just orchestra no vocals/bend?

2 minutes ago, Frankfurt93 said:

Every show was filmed audio/video.  Check out audience filmed shows, you camera crews on every show.

Actually, GNR, Metallica Nirvana, Pumpkins..., you name it, every band that became big recorded every show.

yes, but who is playing as band or do you understand it is just orchestra no vocals/bend?

It's the original recording but with the synthesizer orchestra sounds replaced with a real orchestra.

• Like 1

WE. ARE. THE. RARITIES?

Where's:

CRASH DIET?

SENTIMENTAL MOVIE?

BRING BACK HOME?

MACHINE GUN?

GOODNIGHT TONIGHT?

TOO MUCH TOO SON?

BEER AND CIGARETTE?

IT TASTES GOOD, DON'T IT?

DOWN ON THE STREET?

A lot of songs of the LAS VEGAS concert are on the LIVE ERA CD, so is just a new mix, withou Robin or Freese.

COME ON, GUYS! WTF...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tom-Ass said:

Where did I see that it included Always on the Mama Kin live with Lenny and Aerosmith?  I know I read that yesterday but now can't find it anywhere.. Atleast I don't see it on their website. 

Yeah, it said smw, I read several sources too.

Ok, thanks about that NR clarification everyone

3 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Where did I see that it included Always on the Mama Kin live with Lenny and Aerosmith?  I know I read that yesterday but now can't find it anywhere.. Atleast I don't see it on their website. 

It's on the 2-CD deluxe edition

https://gnrmerch.com/collections/music/products/use-your-illusion-i-2cd-deluxe-edition

https://gnrmerch.com/collections/music/products/use-your-illusion-ii-2cd-deluxe-edition