UYI boxset will be released 11/11/22. In Slash We Trust. * Now available *

2 minutes ago, darkside259 said:

?? how do you know that?

Have you seen them do anything different since Slash and Duff came back? So many missed opportunities, they played a small theater in new york for the AFD anniversary and no mention of it, they played their regular NITL tour set. You are dreaming if you think they are going to set up a full orchestra for one song.

• ABSUЯD 1

2 hours ago, ToonGuns said:

I’m in UK but am trying to find cheapest option. As far as I can tell my only current UK option is the official GnR website which is something like £440 plus an extra £45 for delivery. I’d probably bite at £400 total.

Wait for the sales or Black Friday deals

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Debt said:

The Ritz show was filmed and yes that requires different cameras. Very few UYI shows were filmed as it was expensive. This was confirmed by Doug Goldstein. 

So I guess that explains why they chose this show to release, the quality must be insane. It’s pretty exciting really…

1 hour ago, DurhamGirl said:

Exactly the same for me, here in the UK we are going to be receiving energy bills four times as much as usual so £400 is a lot for me to fork out.  now, it will be the same for many people.  

Although... We are all due to get a £400 rebate on our energy bills... so you know what to do with it!

Nope, just kidding. I get what you are saying. At times like these, even buying standard vinyl and CD releases are a real luxury, nevermind overpriced boxsets. 

1 hour ago, gnr5 said:

Have you seen them do anything different since Slash and Duff came back? So many missed opportunities, they played a small theater in new york for the AFD anniversary and no mention of it, they played their regular NITL tour set. You are dreaming if you think they are going to set up a full orchestra for one song.

im using my illusion here, they said back in 2013 that you need to be crazy if you said that axl/slash/duff would be playing shadow of your love live and recless life , even AXL/DC or imagine insinuate Hardskool released by slash/axl/duff 

so... a orchest? absolutly could happend!

• Like 2

The bass seems low in this YCBM, anyone else? I am listening through stock Apple ear buds. 

Not the recording of course but the intro solo sounds like it’s in a different key to normal. This show was before the Illusions were released right? The songs weren’t in their actual final state possibly (I’ve often thought that listening to pre-album release shows).

6 hours ago, WillBailey said:

About the Ritz BD/ film, i dont know if some of you guys saw this info, very interesting:

"You Could Be Mine was the first single to drop from GN’R’s 1991 Studio Album, Use Your Illusion II. It was also a music video promo for the Mega-Movie Terminator 2-Judgment Day, starring Arnold Schwarzenegger. The video also served as an appetizer for Guns N’ Roses fans anticipating the long awaited release of the Illusion records slated to drop later in the year. Gun’s video performance was captured during a live show at the Ritz in NYC. The performance shoot was produced by Propaganda Films/The Foundry (Metal Music Video Division), and directed by Jean Pellerin. The concert was shot on 16mm film, employing 9 cameras, the rest of the video was produced by Carolco Pictures. Unlike most music video shoots, this is not a lip-sync performance to playback. Guns N’ Roses were playing live and did not provide a Set List, so the Film Crew had no way to prepare for the near 6 minute song You Could Be Mine. Pellerin filmed the entire concert and as luck would have it, nearly every camera rolls out at different times during the “YCBM” performance. A lot of times bands re-take the stage and will perform a single again to get a Music Video in the can. Not GN’R. This was probably one of their last shows played with Izzy Stradlin’ (May 16, 1991), that was actually shot on film. It was a raucous GN”R performance in their prime at a sold out club gig in NYC. It was a loud, raw, high energy performance that would definitely be worth seeing again. That film and tape is sitting in a vault somewhere.. just waiting to be edited."

Directed by Jean Pellerin/Edit Directed by Mark Racco

Source : https://dfyproductions.com/music-videos/ 

The guy who runs the site is Louis Marciano, I found that site a while ago because he was mentioned in Mr Brownstone Racco's edit (as the video's editor).

The film has finally been edited indeed! :)

Quoting this post because I'm not sure everyone saw this with the flow of information we have since yesterday!

Focusing on the Ritz Blu-ray, I don't know if anyone noticed this, but the official merch site mentions a 1:44 aspect ratio "Pillarbox", which is really not standard. For older stuff we could think of 1:33 (4/3) like Paris 1992 or Chicago 1992 for instance. Film transfer to 4K is generally done in 1:78 format (widescreen = aspect ratio on modern TVs). So how would a 1:44 format look like on a modern TV? Something close to this (if format information is correct):

gnr-ritz91-bluray-resolution-exemple.jpg

N.B: they didn't provide actual resolution, only aspect ratio, so it's only an extrapolation here, nothing official, but what it could look like (with better quality picture of course :))

• Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Carburetta said:

O baixo parece baixo neste YCBM, mais alguém? Estou ouvindo através de fones de ouvido da Apple. 

Não a gravação, é claro, mas o solo de introdução soa como se estivesse em um tom diferente do normal. Esse show foi antes do lançamento de Illusions certo? As músicas não estavam em seu estado final real possivelmente (eu sempre pensei que ouvir shows de pré-lançamento do álbum).

YCBM was the first single 

3 minutes ago, WillBailey said:

Quoting this post because I'm not sure everyone saw this with the flow of information we have since yesterday!

Focusing on the Ritz Blu-ray, I don't know if anyone noticed this, but the official merch site mentions a 1:44 aspect ratio "Pillarbox", which is really not standard. For older stuff we could think of 1:33 (4/3) like Paris 1992 or Chicago 1992 for instance. Film transfer to 4K is generally done in 1:78 format (widescreen = aspect ratio on modern TVs). So how would a 1:44 format look like on a modern TV? Something close to this (if format information is correct):

gnr-ritz91-bluray-resolution-exemple.jpg

N.B: they didn't provide actual resolution, only aspect ratio, so it's only an extrapolation here, nothing official, but what it could look like (with better quality picture of course :))

the concert will be in 4k? its not clear to me why they said in 1080 p if they scanned the film 

Edited by darkside259

1 minute ago, TheSlashrose said:

YCBM was the first single 

Good point, it’s just Axl’s delivery is a bit off, which I guess can happen from time to time. He wouldn’t have been used to singing these songs at this point in time, they’re brand new.

The $64,000 question, will Axl’s vocals be untouched in this release?

6 minutes ago, Carburetta said:

The bass seems low in this YCBM, anyone else? I am listening through stock Apple ear buds. 

Not the recording of course but the intro solo sounds like it’s in a different key to normal. This show was before the Illusions were released right? The songs weren’t in their actual final state possibly (I’ve often thought that listening to pre-album release shows).

It's not in a different key. Slash and Izzy are just totally off with one another. Harmonically speaking Izzy's landing on the E section while Slash is on the F# section and vice versa. Duff and Matt pull it back around and just jump to the buildup on the E into the main riff to fix the mess of the intro. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, darkside259 said:

the concert will be in 4k? its not clear to me why they said in 1080 p if they scanned the film 

Yeah definitely not clear. Why doing the work in 4K to downsize it? Unless you want to make it a stand alone release in 4K for Xmas or something. Oh well...

2 minutes ago, James Bond said:

It's not in a different key. Slash and Izzy are just totally off with one another. Harmonically speaking Izzy's landing on the E section while Slash is on the F# section and vice versa. Duff and Matt pull it back around and just jump to the buildup on the E into the main riff to fix the mess of the intro. 

Thanks for the explanation, I won’t pretend that I understood it though. When I say the bass sounds low, I can’t actually hear Duff.

• Like 1

Just now, WillBailey said:

Yeah definitely not clear. Why doing the work in 4K to downsize it? Unless you want to make it a stand alone release in 4K for Xmas or something. Oh well...

for me is all tou weird, the silence...

Just now, rocknroll41 said:

It was scanned to 4k but then scaled down to 1080p so that it would fit into the blu ray disc.

so the blue ray can t hold the 4k?