UYI boxset will be released 11/11/22. In Slash We Trust. * Now available *

2 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

So I guess the perfect crime documentary is buried forever, or at least until Axl dies and his benefactors (TB) start to cash in on the GnR legacy 

My dream is reworking all of the footage and not just the one that made the documentary into like a 10 part series like the Beatles one that came out recently. There must be hundreds of hours of footage and not just like 90 minutes, they were on tour for 3 years.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

2 hours ago, WillBailey said:

Yeah definitely not clear. Why doing the work in 4K to downsize it? Unless you want to make it a stand alone release in 4K for Xmas or something. Oh well...

Doing 4K transfers and downscaling to 1080p has been a standard industry practice since long before UHD was a common format for consumers. Go dive into the nitty-gritty details on any number of blu-ray.com BD reviews for discs released in the early 2010's and you'll see that the source material was scanned at 4K. It was sort of a future-proofing method so that when UHD did become a common format, they wouldn't have to do yet another transfer. Whether or not this actually means we'll someday get a UHD release for The Ritz... :shrugs: 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

4K or 1080p, the most important thing here is that we'll get an 'official' release from one of the coolest shows in one of the most crazy years of GNR.

And it will be better quality than Ritz 88 as far as I can tell right? They only used television cameras for that?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GnR Chris said:

So where is that coma guy who pretended to have insiders and said Axl was upset about the box set release, and that’s why the band isn’t promoting it? Turns out the band is promoting it. They’re just really bad at social media management. 

Where he is? Probably in a mental asylum, I didn't know they let them have internet access there

• Haha 2

Hard pass for me. I have the original CDs, which will end up sounding better since this stuff is going to be dynamically crushed thanks to the loudness wars. Even the extras are like... nah. And it's too expensive.

All I really want from the Illusion era is a complete documentary with all that vault footage that Axl and co. are holding back from us. So much footage, so many soundboard recordings, so many epic stories that need to be told. If they released that, I'd pay a ton of money for it.

But for a worse-sounding version of two albums that I already own? No.

Edited by Nintari
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

I’ll be amazed if there is a Spaghetti reissue. Even if there was - there is zero chance of AGD being on it…mostly because it’s a not a cover but also the fact it traces its roots to pre-AFD, it could have shown up properly on either these reissues and been more appropriate….but nothing. More chance of it being included on an EP/new album I reckon.

I whole heartedly agree. Its beyond pointless.

2 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

So where is that coma guy who pretended to have insiders and said Axl was upset about the box set release, and that’s why the band isn’t promoting it? Turns out the band is promoting it. They’re just really bad at social media management. 

He did mention in the new album thread that "the kids are all getting along in the sandbox again" a few hours ago, so if there was a problem between Axl & whoever re the box set, it seems to be settled.....

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

Plans changed 😂

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Probably about $300 bucks for the CD set

I feel like they tried harder with this but it is still a rip off.  The largest portion of people that would want to buy this stuff are probably in their 40's.. Does anyone in that age group really want all the posters and swag?? Probably not.. I want the Blu Ray most of all but the Vinyls would be cool too at normal prices..

Fair prices are more like this...

$30 each for the Illusions
$30 for each Concert
$20 for a Blu Ray

That is $140 bucks for the media and $360 for the swag.. 

I'm one of the guys who still buys physical CDs instead of just streaming but I'm not willing to spend a three digit amount on one release. I passed on the AFD boxset and I passed on Izzy's On Down The Road due to the same reason. Now I'll pass on that. Maybe they're gonna release just the blue ray once. 

• Like 1