UYI boxset will be released 11/11/22. In Slash We Trust. * Now available *

4 hours ago, troccoli said:

I am not a hopeful person normally, but a small part of me is hoping the cds will have hidden tracks.  Guess we will see.  I wouldn't hold your breath.  I was told that regarding the AFD box back then, still waiting on those releases.  I hope I helped in some small way, hard to know.

Oh I see.  Yes, I hope to have a list out "soon". 

That shirt is one of the things I suggested.  I said maybe include some kind of voucher and people can send away for whatever size it is they need.

Same as the last one, just sent all of my memorabilia to them.  I am sure that will all be in the book.  Other than that the only thing I did was compile all of your suggestions from way back when and sent it to them in an email.  Not sure if it had any effect or not.

So do you get all of your memorabilia back? 

Maybe the band doesn't want to release the documentary because 1. Axl is probably barely in any of the footage and 2. Slash & Duff are are the heights of their drug and alcohol addictions and dont want that to be showcased (embarrassing)

Let's not forget, according to the band, the UYI era and tour was not happy go lucky but a very dark and negative experience for everybody 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Alejandro GNR said:

Im still trying to understand how these guys make decissions 

They released AGD instrumental version but refuse to release the one with vocals?!?! How does that make any sense?

Just two theories (it's the only thing we can do, since there is no information):

1) Axl doesn't want to revisit the making of these albums because it brings up painful memories (since it was the beginning of the band's demise). Same with the making of the videos and the tour.

2) They don't have the source tapes of many of those demos/alt takes anymore (as far-fetched as that may sound, it's plausible) and they didn't think it was worth it to track down people who have them or deal with some of them. And, regarding the rough mixes Slash talked about in his book, I have some doubts about their existence, because, as evident from other examples, Slash misremembers a lot about the recordings - and moreover some of the rough mixes that have circulated and date from when it's known that the band started recording the basic tracks already have piano.

• Like 1

New bundles with shirts and hoodies in the German store. Also, the UYI I and II vinyl as standalone versions (black vinyl). 

By the way: The black vinyl seems to not have the new NR version included, at least it is not stated. The same goes for the black vinyl of UYI I as part of the deluxe version. 

33 minutes ago, zigzagbigbag said:

New bundles with shirts and hoodies in the German store. Also, the UYI I and II vinyl as standalone versions (black vinyl). 

By the way: The black vinyl seems to not have the new NR version included, at least it is not stated. The same goes for the black vinyl of UYI I as part of the deluxe version. 

Are you sure? I just checked the GnR merch site again and the new November Rain is listed for all the versions.

Guess the difference is only in Germany and maybe a few other places? If so it must be a logistics thing. Otherwise it’s probably just an international website error.

14 hours ago, WillBailey said:

Quoting this post because I'm not sure everyone saw this with the flow of information we have since yesterday!

Focusing on the Ritz Blu-ray, I don't know if anyone noticed this, but the official merch site mentions a 1:44 aspect ratio "Pillarbox", which is really not standard. For older stuff we could think of 1:33 (4/3) like Paris 1992 or Chicago 1992 for instance. Film transfer to 4K is generally done in 1:78 format (widescreen = aspect ratio on modern TVs). So how would a 1:44 format look like on a modern TV? Something close to this (if format information is correct):

gnr-ritz91-bluray-resolution-exemple.jpg

N.B: they didn't provide actual resolution, only aspect ratio, so it's only an extrapolation here, nothing official, but what it could look like (with better quality picture of course :))

1.33 is a TV-standard and would not be used (anymore) if shot on film. Unless someone really wants to keep the 1.33 intended TV aspect ratio. Are you thinking of 1.37 which is the aspect of a film frame? 1.37 pillarbox is a used standard. 

With this being framed in camera for a 1.33 presentation back then (i imagine it wasn't framed to safe for different aspect rations), cropping it to widescreen would interfere with that framing and could have been seen as making the frame to cramped.

1.44 is an IMAX standard (I think, could be wrong). Maybe it was used because it is a bit in vouge? Doesn't Marvel have their films in some IMAX 1.44 aspect on Disney +, or is that 1.90 maybe. Or they wanted some room to crop top and bottom, but keep the width. 

On 9/20/2022 at 1:40 AM, Powderfinger said:

It’s really clear his amp was turned down for a long time before he actually quit. Gilby managed to turn his up around Skin N Bones. 

Turned down on the venue P.A. /on the final mix. We can tell why this decision was made after listening the Ritz '91 YCBM intro.

Like it's been said previously his heart and mind was already elsewhere. His Pretty tied up lyrics speak volumes nowadays.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Are you sure? I just checked the GnR merch site again and the new November Rain is listed for all the versions.

Guess the difference is only in Germany and maybe a few other places? If so it must be a logistics thing. Otherwise it’s probably just an international website error.

Yes, in case of doubt it’s just an error.

But in the German store the new NR version is definitely highlighted regarding the 2CD version, the colored vinyl version and the deluxe CD bundle only. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

There's a problem when the die hards don't want this. No casual fan is dropping $500 on a set like this. 

Stuff like this isn't for casual fans. A lot of die hards won't drop $500 on this either

It amazes me that people are ordering this after what happened with the AFD one. 

The label have clearly set an insanely high price, knowing damn well it will sell for a quarter of that very soon and they'll be still clearing healthy profits. 

Or people are all rich fuckers who don't mind throwing away a hundred dollars here and there! 

• GNFNR 1

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

It amazes me that people are ordering this after what happened with the AFD one. 

The label have clearly set an insanely high price, knowing damn well it will sell for a quarter of that very soon and they'll be still clearing healthy profits. 

Or people are all rich fuckers who don't mind throwing away a hundred dollars here and there! 

I learned my lesson fast with Appetite, and that Super Deluxe entered the market at $179 Canadian which I was dumb enough to pay even though that's nothing compared to this. The Super Deluxe CD set for this Illusions box here is $316 Canadian. I'll happily wait for the price cut this time.

8 minutes ago, Shacklermyrye said:

Stuff like this isn't for casual fans. A lot of die hards won't drop $500 on this either

That was my point. At $500 you have to include stuff that the hardcore fans haven't had in one form or fashion for 30 years. Will there be a few people that buy everything as they are complete collectors? Sure.  But if there are as many of these as the Locked and Loaded sets they'll probably end up at half price or less too at some point.

8 minutes ago, James Bond said:

I learned my lesson fast with Appetite, and that Super Deluxe entered the market at $179 Canadian which I was dumb enough to pay even though that's nothing compared to this. The Super Deluxe CD set for this Illusions box here is $316 Canadian. I'll happily wait for the price cut this time.

Yeah, I have a price in mind for the 7cd.

When it hits that, I'll pick it up, even though it's such a missed opportunity, which is just so infuriating, it'll be worth it for the live stuff. 

The perk of it being such a disappointing release though I suppose is that I couldn't care less about waiting for it.