The possibilities of Izzy and Steven ever coming back to Guns N'Roses? πŸ€”πŸ˜ƒ

20 hours ago, Majestic Beast said:

Izzy was the first of the founder members that gone and never really interested to return back,musically or for financial reasons,he continued underground and in low profile with his solo career.Is Axl's fault that he didn't offered him same salary,he is not just a member and he of course has his own rules to be agreed from Axl so to make a contract and come back.

Izzy himself said something like,"Why would I agree to a paycut? I was there from the beginning!" I've gotta admit, Izzy , a Founding Member being offered a paycut was a crappy move. πŸ€•πŸ˜© I could see them offering a paycut to some replacement, but offering a paycut to a Founding Member is a huge no no.

12 hours ago, Karice said:

Izzy himself said something like,"Why would I agree to a paycut? I was there from the beginning!" I've gotta admit, Izzy , a Founding Member being offered a paycut was a crappy move. πŸ€•πŸ˜© I could see them offering a paycut to some replacement, but offering a paycut to a Founding Member is a huge no no.

Sorry but that's a really ignorant comment. When Izzy left the band he chose a big payout instead of staying in the business partnership like Duff n Slash did when they left. That was his choice and that's fine. But of course he wouldn't get offered the same as Slash n Duff.

Axl gets a bigger cut than Slash n Duff. But he pays Dizzy, Melissa, Richard and Frank out of that I read.Β 

Besides does anyone really believe Izzy would've rejoined the band permanently and wanted to play Chinese Democracy songs? Somehow I doubt it.

35 minutes ago, Gunner Gilby said:

Two completely different styles. Matt's a better technical drummer but Steven had a better sense of groove. That's what's good about both Brain and Frank. They play with a good mix of both styles.

Hell yeah brΓΆther..

if I’m paying studio fees and have 48 hours to track drums for my album, I’m hiring Matt Sorum.Β 
Β 

If I’m reforming THE Guns N’ F’n Roses, the razor edged, slimy, down n’ dirty m*therf*ckin’ lean n’ mean sleaze machines - I’m calling mr Adler. The older I get, the more I realise the best musician isn’t always the best person for the job. Sometimes the best boat has a few barnacles on the bottom.Β 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

55 minutes ago, Billy Cundy said:

Hell yeah brΓΆther..

if I’m paying studio fees and have 48 hours to track drums for my album, I’m hiring Matt Sorum.Β 
Β 

If I’m reforming THE Guns N’ F’n Roses, the razor edged, slimy, down n’ dirty m*therf*ckin’ lean n’ mean sleaze machines - I’m calling mr Adler. The older I get, the more I realise the best musician isn’t always the best person for the job. Sometimes the best boat has a few barnacles on the bottom.Β 

Considering the health problems Steven's had like his stroke he still drums remarkably well. I know he's made some sad and stupid choices and shoots his mouth off a bit too much. But when you see that cheesy smile he's got when behind the drums it's hard not to root for the guy.

He seems to be in a good place. I just hope he stays drug free and healthy.

2 hours ago, Gunner Gilby said:

Sorry but that's a really ignorant comment. When Izzy left the band he chose a big payout instead of staying in the business partnership like Duff n Slash did when they left. That was his choice and that's fine. But of course he wouldn't get offered the same as Slash n Duff.

Axl gets a bigger cut than Slash n Duff. But he pays Dizzy, Melissa, Richard and Frank out of that I read.Β 

Besides does anyone really believe Izzy would've rejoined the band permanently and wanted to play Chinese Democracy songs? Somehow I doubt it.

Bow that's a rip off!! Every dime Frank gets is a fuckin' rip off.

I thought the only reason he is in that band is cause he is the only drummer who actually would pay Axl to be in the band.

i didn't read all the topic but... naaaaaa this would never happen and we know it.

Izzy is living his happy gypsy life roadtrippin whit his motorcycle and Steven living with nostalgia his very unstable life. Never will happen.Β 

Maybe some guest appearence for 1 or 2 tracks somewhere but no..

Edited by duffgnr86

9 hours ago, EvanG said:

Touring is not for everyone. There's probably a good reason why Izzy hasn't properly toured anymore since the early 90's.

Sure is a shame.Β  No one owes anyone anything but as a fan. I feel let down that Izzy never does any small shows.Β  I would kill to see him in a theater playing his stuff with a few covers and Guns songs thrown in. Guarantee the shows would be much more satisfying than Adler or Duff's solo shows. Honestly probably better than SMKC at this point too.Β 

• Like 1

this migh be polemic but i think izzy went full hypocrite back in the 90s he was a junky like the rest of the band but then he start saying bullshit like he didin t recognize the band anymore bc they were so fucked up, like wtf guy shut you r mouth, why feed the press withΒ  all that bulshit like you rΒ  some kind of saint.

and again left the band in the midle of a tour? fuck off, he leaves his friends in the middle of a big ass worldwide tour with a lot of pressure, and you leave axl!!! yor childhood friend from lafayyett all alone, and for what? to be a fucking snob on a motorcyle, idk for me he is the real diva

Edited by darkside259

3 hours ago, Billy Cundy said:

At some point, every addict needs to become a β€˜hypocrite’ - they need to recalibrate and accept that their decisions were poor, and as such, those still on drugs are still making poor decisions.

what would you rather, he stayed on H? To avoid hypocrisy? Not comment on his dumbass bandmates killing themselves? He was the only one with the right to comment, having been through it himself and come out the other side.

And unless you’ve been on tour with Guns N’ Roses, can you really comment on his decision making? His β€˜childhood friend’ was endangering lives most nights by turning up hours late and storming off if someone looked at him the wrong way. Think Axl gave a second thought to the pressure that was putting on people? Mad bastard was watching Ninja Turtles in the penthouse suite whilst his band listened to stadiums chant β€˜bullshit’ from backstage bunkers.
Β 

In my eyes, by saying β€˜fuck this’ and quitting, izzy ended up being the only one with the minerals to stand up to Axl. Slash and Duff simped and snivelled and are towing the line to this day.
Β 

the guy literally just wanted to pursue a low key life and leave the silliness, tantrums and power ballads behind him. And he’s the snob??! Haha, ok, my guy

You r absolutly right, i think i talk from my own feelings, the thing you said about the addicts is spot on.Β 

On 11/25/2022 at 10:41 PM, darkside259 said:

this migh be polemic but i think izzy went full hypocrite back in the 90s he was a junky like the rest of the band but then he start saying bullshit like he didin t recognize the band anymore bc they were so fucked up, like wtf guy shut you r mouth, why feed the press withΒ  all that bulshit like you rΒ  some kind of saint.

and again left the band in the midle of a tour? fuck off, he leaves his friends in the middle of a big ass worldwide tour with a lot of pressure, and you leave axl!!! yor childhood friend from lafayyett all alone, and for what? to be a fucking snob on a motorcyle, idk for me he is the real diva

didn't he say quiet a few times that he tried to escape Axl and went to LA and Axl would follow him always including LA?:question: