The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

2 hours ago, SAU3R said:

Damn, we found out yesterday, that Duff said an announcement is gonna happen soon, MAYBE even this week and now we’re all going crazy and pissed of because it’s Friday somewhere in southeast asia and perhaps hasn’t been released and no announcement was made yet. Give it time until Friday next week for any announcement to happen, then we can be disappointed 

100%.  I know GNR don't do themselves any favors, but yeah us fans can sometimes not do ourselves any either lol.  Taking the shortest and soonest window of time something could potentially happen and freaking out the very second that arbitrary window of time passes :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, UYI4 said:

My guess is Axl is super scared to release new music.  Probably intimidated.  It would suck to front this band.  Especially knowing you single-handedly ripped it apart 28 years ago at its peak. 

I often think back to that time and wonder.  What if GNR had released a new album in 96.  I think it would’ve done okay but I think they would’ve faded into mediocrity as grunge/alternative/post rock and nu metal took over bulk of mid to late 80’s.  Chinese would have killed 98-2002 if he’d released his 3 records at that point.  Now he’s going what for? We are a nostalgia act.  If that weren’t the case they’d be doing a lot of new music. 

I agree 100% i believe Better and Street of Dreams could’ve been top hits and in the late 90’s - early 2000’s and be considered classics by now. And like Black Sabbath, GnR could’ve had two recognizable successful eras (kinda like Ozzy and Dio) . Even though we know the second one was never gonna beat their peak, things would be a lot different now if CD came out in 2000, instead, we have to put up with this shit show to hear a song we already know well😁 

Edited by metalavenger99
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, fabrph5 said:

The week ends Saturday night, why are people upset that something didnt happen today?

If they're gonna surprise-drop a song, it will almost definitely be at midnight US eastern time. So about 6 hours from now. I don't think they'll do a normal release where it shows up in New Zealand then Europe then NA...

I'm not holding my breath for a new song dropping tonight or next week though.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, metalavenger99 said:

I agree 100% i believe Better and Street of Dreams could’ve been top hits and in the late 90’s - early 2000’s and be considered classics by now. And like Black Sabbath, GnR could’ve had two recognizable successful eras (kinda like Ozzy and Dio) . Even though we know the second one was never gonna beat their peak, things would be a lot different now if CD came out in 2000, instead, we have to put up with this shit show to hear a song we already know well😁 

Better could have done well, but SoD just isn't a very good song.

1 minute ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

They did for hard Skool though

Yes, but not Absurd. I wouldn't be surprised if they repeat the 2021 release strategy - surprise drop the b-side (Perhaps) and do a proper release for the a-side (The General) with physical copies for pre-order. I could be wrong of course, but that's my guess.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Yes, but not Absurd. I wouldn't be surprised if they repeat the 2021 release strategy - surprise drop the b-side (Perhaps) and do a proper release for the a-side (The General) with physical copies for pre-order. I could be wrong of course, but that's my guess.

If they’re doing a surprise release, I hope they drop both at once.🤞🏼

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nick85 said:

If they’re doing a surprise release, I hope they drop both at once.🤞🏼

Yea that would be the best case scenario, drop the whole EP at once (including live tracks, if they're planning to include those again). Would definitely get more attention than dropping one song at a time.

• Like 1

If they do live tracks they will probably be mixed versions of Glastonbury songs

Actually what if the "news" is the Glastonbury gig as an album

4 minutes ago, Shacklermyrye said:

If they do live tracks they will probably be mixed versions of Glastonbury songs

Actually what if the "news" is the Glastonbury gig as an album

Oh please no. NOBODY wants another live album. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Arnuld said:

Oh please no. NOBODY wants another live album. 

If it's a couple bonus tracks like the Hardschool EP, I'd like official releases of Bad Obsession, Pretty Tied Up and Down On The Farm from this tour.

Based on the Selects, I don't really want a live album... but a live album, covers album, or CD2 won't have any effect on a real new album, because they won't write one. Anything other than a new album is just bonus tracks at this point imo.

10 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

If it's a couple bonus tracks like the Hardschool EP, I'd like official releases of Bad Obsession, Pretty Tied Up and Down On The Farm from this tour.

Based on the Selects, I don't really want a live album... but a live album, covers album, or CD2 won't have any effect on a real new album, because they won't write one. Anything other than a new album is just bonus tracks at this point imo.

Yeah, but why would Axl and Slash be in the studio so much in the past week or so for a live album? Are they dubbing over it Live Era style?