The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

19 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Well, at least GNR have released new songs and are actually playing them in concert unlike some other bands, such as GHOST.

Sorry but this is a really bad take - you cannot compare GNR and Ghost’s recent musical output.

32 minutes ago, Twinaleblood said:

I am absolutely Italian, I was just joking. If you run it through an automatic translator it will show you something like: "New album coming in November, I can confirm. Source: trust me bro, but in Indonesian". 😅

Nice joke :lol:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Twinaleblood said:

I am absolutely Italian, I was just joking. If you run it through an automatic translator it will show you something like: "New album coming in November, I can confirm. Source: trust me bro, but in Indonesian". 😅

What part of Italy?

Just a curious Italian American here wondering 😊🇮🇹🇺🇲

1 hour ago, GNRRHCP98 said:

I’m still sticking to the idea that no “Perhaps” CD or cassette (and only a vinyl) means something larger is planned with those particular songs down the line. :shrugs:

Like HS and Absurd, they'll find a way to double-dip on these songs without releasing an album. I'm guessing if they don't release another 'EP', they'll at least release a 2CD Greatest Hits / Best Of including the NITL singles, SOYL and some fan favourites like Estranged in the next year or two (since they seem to be taking most of next year off).

• PERHAPS 1

4 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Like HS and Absurd, they'll find a way to double-dip on these songs without releasing an album. I'm guessing if they don't release another 'EP', they'll at least release a 2CD Greatest Hits / Best Of including the NITL singles, SOYL and some fan favourites like Estranged in the next year or two (since they seem to be taking most of next year off).

Agreed.. I don’t see a new album, but an EP of sorts is not out of the realm of possibility. 

I have always thought that if a new album is not going to happen , I’d be pretty into a shorter album that’s for 15 or 20 anniversary for CD 

A Side: 

1. Hard Skool 

2. Absurd 

3. Perhaps 

4. the General 

B Side: NITL versions of

1. Chinese 

2. Better 

3. Catcher

4. Sorry

Edited by Appetitefordiscussion

4 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I can totally see that. I have no belief a new album will ever happen but wouldn't rule out a badly put together new best of with the songs so far and a few live scraps. 

11 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

I can totally see that. I have no belief a new album will ever happen but wouldn't rule out a badly put together new best of with the songs so far and a few live scraps. 

4 cd leftovets

4 covers

4 reworked cd tunes

4 live songs

16 song new album.

Bonus track rock the rock

Makes 17 songs Total for an album

• ABSUЯD 1

2 hours ago, rumandraisin said:

I think this is the most likely scenario too. HS, Absurd, Perhaps, General, (maybe) Atlas and a few live ones whacked on an album. 

I can see that happening in about 2/3 years, woth touring up to their eventual end, which will most likely come via unexpected illness than anything premeditated or planned. 

Wow, I hope I'm wrong because it's depressing thinking about that trajectory!