The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

As far as a new album goes, I’m wondering if they’re taking the same path as UYI and clearing the slate?

I remember an old interview where they said they recorded everything they had for UYI and put it out so that the next album of originals would be brand new stuff.  It could be the same deal here, gradually release all the old CD era stuff and then go smash out a new album of slash stuff.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ollster42 said:

Song called "Goodbye" mentioned in this? Most likely fake

Only song i can think of close to that is Goodnight Tonight which i think became an Izzy song. Stay Of Execution was trademarked, however the art in the video is fan made. Ghost in the studio picture was real, there was a video that was allegedly a low quality CD2 advert sitting on youtube that not many people ever noticed. it has similar imagery to that ghost in the studio pic, no idea if it was real.

• Like 3

On 12/23/2023 at 4:35 AM, megaguns1982 said:

As far as a new album goes, I’m wondering if they’re taking the same path as UYI and clearing the slate?

I remember an old interview where they said they recorded everything they had for UYI and put it out so that the next album of originals would be brand new stuff.  It could be the same deal here, gradually release all the old CD era stuff and then go smash out a new album of slash stuff.

And remember what happened last time? NO NEW ALBUM 

So “Stay of Execution” was indeed trademarked, is that what I’m gathering?

This “Goodbye” stuff just doesn’t seem legit… it would have to be an original composition from the current lineup if on the off chance it does turn out to be real, unless it’s something that NEVER leaked before. :shrugs:

Edited by GNRRHCP98

5 hours ago, GNRRHCP98 said:

So “Stay of Execution” was indeed trademarked, is that what I’m gathering?

This “Goodbye” stuff just doesn’t seem legit… it would have to be an original composition from the current lineup if on the off chance it does turn out to be real, unless it’s something that NEVER leaked before. :shrugs:

Stay of Execution was trademarked yes, he let it lapse though. The Goodbye stuff is crap however

Edited by Rindmelon
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, GNRRHCP98 said:

Gotcha… man, imagine CD’s follow up came out in 2014/15… just as that lineup dissipated :blink:

I wish it did. I have to believe the mixing and mastering would have been far better than the NITL CD leftover re-worked trickles. Plus getting 12-16 songs at a time would have been very thirst quenching vs 1 song a year torture average with NITL or less. 

• Like 2

I had a dream last night that they announced an “Atlas Shrugged” EP on NYE’s, with all the reunion singles thus far plus Atlas, Berlin, SOG, and I think As It Begins as well (might’ve been instrumental.)

Dreams have never turned into reality for me thus far, here’s hoping this one breaks the trend. :lol:

If they do release Atlas I really hope they don't redo the drums (i doubt they will) the tom drum sounds during the intro are amazing. RTB gave some info on possibly why years ago. 30 mics on a drum kit is way more than people would normally use. Certainly more than I have ever used when recording drums.

A drum kit is an interesting quagmire of miking specialties. Per Baker's request, engineer Caram Costanzo has close to 30 mics on the drums alone — using four on the snare and two on each tom. Baker emphasizes that something like this is simply un-teachable in print or in a classroom, but must be learned through trial and error, which is how he learned the bulk of his skills. EQ Magazine - December 2001

http://www.gnrunlimited.com/articles/eqmag-12-01.html

• Like 3

By the end of 2025...will we have had some kind of album? Either in the form of a compilation or new tunes....either way, will we have had one? If it's gonna happen, I'd imagine, with all the signs pointing to making sense now, it's kinda make or break. If no new album before next touring cycle or at the least significant songs released, then I don't think it'll ever appear...sales at times was a struggle in the USA and a lot of discounts, hopefully that feedback got back to them and they decide to tie-in with some product after the hiatus...When's that Axl guest spot due? It would be a fucking coup and a half if he got Slash on the same track...he played on something, so...