The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

no one is saying a brand new album will drop in a week. some posters simply can't accept the fact that it's not too late for that to happen eventually. if it doesn't happen, I'm not going to be let down by it, but I'm optimistic there's a good chance it would happen in Axl's lifetime and nothing we know makes me believe otherwise. :shrugs:

Of course it’s possible. Chances are just higher that happens rather later than sooner, if it happens at all.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Of course it’s possible. Chances are just higher that happens rather later than sooner, if it happens at all.

I think the crucial ingredient here is that Axl is still motivated to attempt it. I also think there's not going to be a shortage of good ideas and even if Axl takes his sweet time assembling it, according to Slash on the latest couple of interviews where he talks about it, some people in the Gn'R camp and Axl are seriously looking into it which I can only take as a good sign that there is some movement in the right direction. 

8 minutes ago, Rovim said:

I think the crucial ingredient here is that Axl is still motivated to attempt it. I also think there's not going to be a shortage of good ideas and even if Axl takes his sweet time assembling it, according to Slash on the latest couple of interviews where he talks about it, some people in the Gn'R camp and Axl are seriously looking into it which I can only take as a good sign that there is some movement in the right direction. 

I don’t know. Like I said, it’s possible but I rather think plans will change.

If something ever happens it will be a big surprise, as always, when it’s something in that Axl’s involved.

1 minute ago, Free Bird said:

I don’t know. Like I said, it’s possible but I rather think plans will change.

If something ever happens it will be a big surprise, as always, when it’s something in that Axl’s involved.

no one knows what will happen, it could go either way. Axl is unpredictable, but I don't need to be careful with how optimistic I am considering it's just music, so if it doesn't happen, oh well. if it does, great. I believe there's a good chance Axl will do everything he is capable of doing using his approach on Axl time to make sure the Gn'R catalog will have another great album added to it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Slash, Duff and all the other band members probably got tons of ideas, riffs and material stashed away in case Axl wants to do real music ever again...until that happens they can only try to stay chill and do other things.

I hope they don't have TOO many good ideas stashed away. I'd rather they used them for their solo stuff so we actually get to hear them! 

By the time they officially release Monsters in 2026, they can focus on the Atlas/b-side (r-side, sorry) for 2027. After they plan all of 2027 to do one AFD5 show that will not actually happen, they can then hunker down to start throwing around ideas for a new album in 2028. Some solo albums/tours later, and we should have a new GNR album by 2032/2033.

I guess, in GNR terms, that is still fairly soon. Soon is the word.

• Haha 4

I wish they would just make a new album with Axl singing in the lower register like how he sings It's so Easy. It's not that hard. It's funny how someone mentioned earlier in the thread they should just go in the studio and cut an album in two weeks ... that's exactly what the Black Crowes did and their new album turned out pretty good. 

9 minutes ago, Imissthecornrows said:

I wish they would just make a new album with Axl singing in the lower register like how he sings It's so Easy. It's not that hard. It's funny how someone mentioned earlier in the thread they should just go in the studio and cut an album in two weeks ... that's exactly what the Black Crowes did and their new album turned out pretty good. 

Yes, but Axl is not a real musician if you know what I mean. :D

He just doesn't do things like that, he never did (as far as we know) and probably never will.

• Like 1

https://mariskalrock.com/actualidad/slash-habla-en-la-heavy-sobre-el-nuevo-disco-de-guns-n-roses-primero-tenemos-que-entrar-al-estudio-y-grabarlo-pero-ocurrira/

In spanish, says: " No one has said Is going to be out soon, but we are working on it. I cannot answer the question when Is going to be out, until Is finished, first we have to go to the studio AND record it, your question Is mine too, but It Will happen"

:facepalm:

• Thanks 2

Slash said this in a Spanish interview: https://mariskalrock.com/actualidad/slash-habla-en-la-heavy-sobre-el-nuevo-disco-de-guns-n-roses-primero-tenemos-que-entrar-al-estudio-y-grabarlo-pero-ocurrira/

Slash’s schedule is currently packed with plans to promote his blues album, his work with Myles Kennedy and The Conspirators—about which he also speaks in our extensive interview—and his projects with Guns N' Roses. The six-string wizard starts by emphasizing that he prefers not to count his chickens before they hatch, a lesson he says he learned from the pandemic: "It's better to finish the album first and then figure out when to release it, depending on the schedules of the other bands as well."

Slash doesn't deny that there's a new Guns N' Roses album on the horizon, but he focuses on the present: "None of us have said it's coming out soon, but we're still working on it. I won't be able to answer the question of when it will be released until it's finished. First, we need to get into the studio and record it, so I’m wondering the same thing you are, but it will happen!"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Uncle Bob said:

Slash said this in a Spanish interview: https://mariskalrock.com/actualidad/slash-habla-en-la-heavy-sobre-el-nuevo-disco-de-guns-n-roses-primero-tenemos-que-entrar-al-estudio-y-grabarlo-pero-ocurrira/

Slash’s schedule is currently packed with plans to promote his blues album, his work with Myles Kennedy and The Conspirators—about which he also speaks in our extensive interview—and his projects with Guns N' Roses. The six-string wizard starts by emphasizing that he prefers not to count his chickens before they hatch, a lesson he says he learned from the pandemic: "It's better to finish the album first and then figure out when to release it, depending on the schedules of the other bands as well."

Slash doesn't deny that there's a new Guns N' Roses album on the horizon, but he focuses on the present: "None of us have said it's coming out soon, but we're still working on it. I won't be able to answer the question of when it will be released until it's finished. First, we need to get into the studio and record it, so I’m wondering the same thing you are, but it will happen!"

A somewhat more promising quote than the last....that sounds like a lot of the LP at least from his prospective has been written....but they haven't put to tape (or protools) yet....

So in my crystal ball, two years from now we're tucking into the first single from it .....🙄🙏

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, jimisbatman said:

When was the last time Slash said they were working on new songs? 

I remember him saying working on new music (just him) some years back, but I don't remember him ever using the term "new songs". 

8 hours ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

https://mariskalrock.com/actualidad/slash-habla-en-la-heavy-sobre-el-nuevo-disco-de-guns-n-roses-primero-tenemos-que-entrar-al-estudio-y-grabarlo-pero-ocurrira/

In spanish, says: " No one has said Is going to be out soon, but we are working on it. I cannot answer the question when Is going to be out, until Is finished, first we have to go to the studio AND record it, your question Is mine too, but It Will happen"

:facepalm:

I'm with Slash on this one, I believe it will happen eventually. don't know if it's just old material, Chinese material or also new stuff, but how I interpret it is that Axl still wants to release a full Gn'R album in the future and I think they'll get it done.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, jamillos said:

I remember him saying working on new music (just him) some years back, but I don't remember him ever using the term "new songs". 

Thanks. Could this be a publicity headline grab? Hope it's true though and something results within the next 2 years. But then again, I've been waiting since 2008 for a follow up. But with saying that, content with leaks and creating our own makeshift boxset. 

Edited by jimisbatman

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, jimisbatman said:

Thanks. Could this be a publicity headline grab? Hope it's true though and something results within the next 2 years. But then again, I've been waiting since 2008 for a follow up. But with saying that, content with leaks and creating our own makeshift boxset. 

It's just yet another "we have to ask him" / "I can't tell you anything" bit, nothing to see here. Last time I remember something of value was him saying they haven't gotten to writing new songs yet, just working on the old Axl demos. 
Obviously, he could just be deliberately obfuscating, because he knows as soon as he'd drop a bombshell like naming some brand new GNR song, he'd never see the end of the constant questions ensuing. And since Axl got butthurt regarding all that pre-CD "promises" and delays and shenanigans, the consensus here is that he's told the guys to keep it under the lid until he is ready... 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 1

Oklahoma has to be the closest Robin got to that Slash feel and sound. I’m mostly over the CD era, but I’m a firm Oklahoma/Berlin believer. If vocals were never recorded, a Duff/Axl duet like ISE would rip.

• Like 1