The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

1 hour ago, evilfacelessturtle said:

Mutt and Rubin both made great sounding albums with AC/DC. That would be really cool.

Mutt and Axl together in a studio. I don't think time is on their side to see that collaboration through, given both guys famous slow and meticulous process. But that would be cool. Pretty sure Mutts retired outside of doing the very rare album for Bryan Adams or one of his other close friends.

For sound alone, bob rock but he's also a strong personality and doesn't mind saying if somethings not good enough musically, something Caram failed to do.

A lot of great options, but IMO they need a producer that's going to be the boss. Kinda Phil spectre holding a gun to their head and saying play/sing😄

4 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Yeah but then it's "I wish they would just say something" when they say nothing. Not really a winnable situation.

This was a pretty direct question and sure the response wasn't as direct but there's at least signs of a pulse

I thought it was pretty direct. “There’s new material” is a statement. But other than that they seem to be at the same point as they were when Slash gave the answer about how to release material these days.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dummy said:

“There’s new material. I don’t know how we’re going to put it out. I think that’s a question, too. Do you put out a record? Do you just keep putting out singles. I don’t know if the right answer is there in this day and age.

Yet Duff himself has put out albums recently and Slash just released one :facepalm:

At this point who cares. The window of time for them to put out a good new album capitalizing on the reunion has long since passed. And if it's more crap from Caram then I'm not interested. They need to get back with Mike Clink and do it the right way.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Yet Duff himself has put out albums recently and Slash just released one :facepalm:

I do get the point of view tho. It's not like many people care about if Duff puts out a single.  Lots of artists are more successful just releasing singles today. Someone like Slash or Duff probably need to do an album because their stuff isn't going to get a fuckton of attention anyway like a newly written song from GnR might. Perhaps got quite a bit of airplay and attention anyway 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bitchisback said:

I do get the point of view tho. It's not like many people care about if Duff puts out a single.  Lots of artists are more successful just releasing singles today. Someone like Slash or Duff probably need to do an album because their stuff isn't going to get a fuckton of attention anyway like a newly written song from GnR might. Perhaps got quite a bit of airplay and attention anyway 

I think not many people care (anymore) about GnR putting out a single, outside of us here. They're way overthinking it and acting like it's some big super secret big deal when it's really not.

• Like 2
  • PERHAPS 1

I think the band's core audience, when it comes to new music, isn't a singles only -type of an audience. I guess younger people get hyped about singles and that model works well for new artists that have a fanbase of young people. But Guns is an old band and their main audience are still into albums.  Releasing only singles is a wrong MO for Guns, in my opinion.

An album would be an event for the fans, the singles are a bit like "yeah, cool, whatever".

But we all know who is the hold up :rolleyes: It ain't Slash, who just released an album. It ain't Duff, who released one last fall.

I laughed at the thought of Axl and Rick Rubin in the same studio. wouldn't work.
I'd love to see someone like Mark Ronson producing instead.
He made Villains for Queens Of The Stone Age, which is one of the best records of the last 20 years.

Or Jack White, who produced his album Fear Of The Dawn, which is also an awesome record.

Edited by DeNfr
  • Like 1

Of course they have new material. This wasn't just a jam that happened from thin air: http://sndup.net/dnt6/

The problem, of course, is vocals. 

7 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

I think not many people care (anymore) about GnR putting out a single, outside of us here. They're way overthinking it and acting like it's some big super secret big deal when it's really not.

This. I hate that Axl is still playing with this JJ Abrams "mystery box"type of thing. 

3 hours ago, DeNfr said:

I laughed at the thought of Axl and Rick Rubin in the same studio. wouldn't work.
He made Villains for Queens Of The Stone Age, which is one of the best records of the last 20 years.

Or Jack White, who produced his album Fear Of The Dawn, which is also an awesome record.

Mark could be cool, but please no Jack White. 

If someone told me back in 2008-2010 CD2 hadn't been out by 2024, I'd be absolutely bummed out. In 4 years, that's 20 years since the last Guns album! It's a joke, because now we have been waiting longer for a Guns album than Chinese Democracy itself, and what makes it even funnier (and worse) is during that time CD2 has more or less been completed since the time the 2008 album came out.

Edited by Sweersa

7 hours ago, El Guapo said:

This. Even if they would release a really strong and actually newly written tune next week, it wouldn't be much of an event at this point in the real world.

The time for that was 2017-2018. They could still do the AFD box but also put out a new album at that time too.

4 hours ago, DeNfr said:

Mark would be cool, so would Jack but I don't think he would be a good fit for them. I still think Mike Clink is the best man for the job, and he would jump at the chance.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, DeNfr said:

Axl and Rubin would clash over who's going to lay on the couch more and do nothing. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • ABSUЯD 1

21 hours ago, Dummy said:

“There’s new material. I don’t know how we’re going to put it out. I think that’s a question, too. Do you put out a record? Do you just keep putting out singles. I don’t know if the right answer is there in this day and age.

That's just as vage as it has ever been.

Wow.

Yeah, try and get Andrew Watt with that attitude, he'll laugh in your face.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spoon87 said:

Wow.

Yeah, it makes no sense. "In this day and age..." Come on, Duff. Even legacy bands all around you are releasing albums.

This is how I know there won't ever be an album released. They don't even think in terms of albums anymore. Too busy worrying about streaming numbers, singles, etc. Millions of artists still put out albums. This ho hum, back and forth, "well, we just don't know how we'd release it" bullshit is as lame as Absurd's lyrics. If they actually went into a studio and recorded some bloody songs, they would understand that an album can still be put together under the GNR name. Problem is, they're never going to do that for whatever reason.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

Of course they have new material. This wasn't just a jam that happened from thin air: http://sndup.net/dnt6/

The problem, of course, is vocals. 

This. I hate that Axl is still playing with this JJ Abrams "mystery box"type of thing. 

Mark could be cool, but please no Jack White. 

Haha...used to love a mcguffin....NOW I just want experiences! Life is short.

All mysterious is fine when you're the shit and in your 20s...a bit of consistence and structure goes a long way later in life, in keeping your fan base that grew with you around...It's no accident Foo Fighters are still a huge band, chart wise too. Dave Grohl puts in a ton of work and knows what needs to be done...

Axl doesn't and seems to not care. The only thing that would literally change that, is if Stadiums started to be consistently a quarter full.

It's like the cowboys running Princes estate where they can't seem to release anything much other than shitty over priced new apparel to a dysfunctional online shop, run by them (not experts). They even pick fights with fans on twitter/SM with the official handle...it's embarrassing and it's clear to see they think they've embodied Prince....as they keep saying crazy stuff like....the reason we're so disorganised and last minute, ramshackle as that's what Prince did! Seriously.....🫣

Don't they know that you only get away with shit like that, when you ARE actually Prince (or the artist)....you forgive because of the talent....post death of legends, estates need to run a right ship that services the fan better in the afterlife, it's not really that hard....at least one wuality product a year and there wouldn't be too many complaints

Axl will be the opposite, almost a guarantee that post death, more product than in his lifetime will come out! He'll be like the old version of Hendrix and Tupac....

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Rubin gets the couch because Axl won’t show up like in the old days :P

Until like 4AM when Rubin has gone a RV road trip....

1 hour ago, MaskingApathy said:

The time for that was 2017-2018. They could still do the AFD box but also put out a new album at that time too.

Mark would be cool, so would Jack but I don't think he would be a good fit for them. I still think Mike Clink is the best man for the job, and he would jump at the chance.

Also worked with Slash a few times (as recently as March this year) ...

Basically everyone's worked with Slash at some point....it's a right of passage! 

Honestly....let's face it, anyone we would take IF it brings a decent record! It's funny....we've pretty much been GNR's producer since 2008...

With all the mixes/remixes of stems/demos and unreleased songs....😏😎

5 hours ago, DeNfr said:

Perhaps...

But if Rick can works with the likes of Lars....he can stomach Axl! He would get a good album out of time....I think this is what this game is more about, rather than. The realistic thought of Axl checking that box.....

25 minutes ago, Spoon87 said:

Wow.

17 minutes ago, Zeppelin said:

Yeah, it makes no sense. "In this day and age..." Come on, Duff. Even legacy bands all around you are releasing albums.

This is how I know there won't ever be an album released. They don't even think in terms of albums anymore. Too busy worrying about streaming numbers, singles, etc. Millions of artists still put out albums. This ho hum, back and forth, "well, we just don't know how we'd release it" bullshit is as lame as Absurd's lyrics. If they actually went into a studio and recorded some bloody songs, they would understand that an album can still be put together under the GNR name. Problem is, they're never going to do that for whatever reason.

It's just excuses at this point honestly. They're better off not saying anything now.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, El Guapo said:

This. Even if they would release a really strong and actually newly written tune next week, it wouldn't be much of an event at this point in the real world.

GnR have released 5 singles since 2008 and none of them get any radio play 

• ABSUЯD 1

9 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Этот. Даже если на следующей неделе они выпустят действительно сильную и по-настоящему недавно написанную мелодию, на данный момент в реальном мире это не будет большим событием.

The band's new album makes sense accompanied by a massive PR company, as Aerosmith did. In the context of the band's return with a full set: the classic line-up (Izzy's presence is mandatory), the album and the tour in support of it. Then their songs will be noticed and heard. Only on condition that the songs are of a high level. But in the composition that gnr now has (half from NuGNR, half from the old gnr), it is difficult to present yourself. It takes a lot of brainpower to noisily present a group with a murky history in the media space. This is a purely concert line-up for business, it replenishes everyone's accounts well. It's a little weak for creativity. If this is new material from that link in another post, then no. This guitar fragment reminds me of the music of any unknown author from a major music catalog. And it also looks like something from Chinese leftovers.

4 hours ago, DeNfr said:

why? he's the best at keeping rock n'roll fresh, modern and exciting

I don't agree with it. Don't care much for his approach, and I love alternative rock/indie rock. 

3 hours ago, Appetitefordiscussion said:

This reminds me of Anastasia! 

Yeah, a bit. To my ears, sound like they were trying to figure out the rhythm section for this guitar riff. 

3 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

Haha...used to love a mcguffin....NOW I just want experiences! Life is short.

All mysterious is fine when you're the shit and in your 20s...a bit of consistence and structure goes a long way later in life, in keeping your fan base that grew with you around...It's no accident Foo Fighters are still a huge band, chart wise too. Dave Grohl puts in a ton of work and knows what needs to be done...

Axl doesn't and seems to not care. The only thing that would literally change that, is if Stadiums started to be consistently a quarter full.

It's like the cowboys running Princes estate where they can't seem to release anything much other than shitty over priced new apparel to a dysfunctional online shop, run by them (not experts). They even pick fights with fans on twitter/SM with the official handle...it's embarrassing and it's clear to see they think they've embodied Prince....as they keep saying crazy stuff like....the reason we're so disorganised and last minute, ramshackle as that's what Prince did! Seriously.....🫣

Don't they know that you only get away with shit like that, when you ARE actually Prince (or the artist)....you forgive because of the talent....post death of legends, estates need to run a right ship that services the fan better in the afterlife, it's not really that hard....at least one wuality product a year and there wouldn't be too many complaints

Axl will be the opposite, almost a guarantee that post death, more product than in his lifetime will come out! He'll be like the old version of Hendrix and Tupac....

Exactly. And they need to deliver. When you just can't do it anymore, the best approach is to be accessible. 

But about Hendrix... That isn't the best example. Yeah, his state did release a lot of stuff since he died, but in the last 20 years he's being forgotten because of incredibly idiotic copyright police not unlike recent GNR stories. 

• Like 1