The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

14 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Of course I accept your opinion that you prefer each song off the Illusions over each of the new singles based on musical merit and merit alone. But I also have to say that I think you are wrong, blatantly and obviously wrong. But I have no issues with this disagreement, it just provides me with a possibility to refine and repeat my argument. It is those who refuse to argue their position and turn to ad hominems who aren't accepting my opinion. 

You simply don’t get that there isn’t something like right or wrong on a subject like this.

You think you have a point but you failed again. I’ve never made a value judgement about these songs in this conversation. You’re believing to know everything about anyone but that’s just laughable. You’ve proven more than once that you know shit. Did I insult you? I’m sorry (not sorry). Pun intended. :rolleyes:

Edited by Free Bird

Just now, Free Bird said:

You simply don’t get that there isn’t something like right or wrong on a subject like this.

Of course there are reasons for why people like the music they like. What on earth makes you think there aren't? 

3 minutes ago, DTV88 said:

You stating that anyone’s opinion is blatantly wrong is a false argument. Your immaturity shines like a beacon 

Huh? Are you saying an opinion can’t be wrong? 

My immaturity? You were the one trying to insult me by claiming I won't be fun at parties, weren't you? 

13 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Of course there are reasons for why people like the music they like. What on earth makes you think there aren't? 

Again changing the subject to fit your agenda? 
Of course there are reasons. But you don’t know them. You’re just suggesting and trying to sell your opinion as a fact. How would you know why people are liking everything of the Illusions more than the new stuff? You don’t know. Your opinion is worthless. 

For your info. I already edited my previous post.

Edited by Free Bird

24 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Again changing the subject to fit your agenda? 

Not changed anything. You claimed there is no right or wrong here and I told you there certainly are right and wrong explanation for why people like the music they do. 

Of course there are reasons. But you don’t know them. You’re just suggesting and trying to sell your opinion as a fact. 

Huh? I have never presented it as facts. If it comes across as facts to you then, oh boy, I must be really persuasive and my suggestion must make a lot of sense to you. But no, I have presented it as my opinion, argued for why it must be correct, and even encouraged people to shoot it down if it is wrong. 

How do you know people like everything of the Illusions more than the new stuff? You don’t know. Your opinion is worthless. 

Because people indicated they did. It kinda started the whole discussion. 

Edited by SoulMonster

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

Of course I accept your opinion that you prefer each song off the Illusions over each of the new singles based on musical merit and merit alone. But I also have to say that I think you are wrong, blatantly and obviously wrong. But I have no issues with this disagreement, it just provides me with a possibility to refine and repeat my argument. It is those who refuse to argue their position and turn to ad hominems who aren't accepting my opinion. 

Wow, just wow. :laugh:

47 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Not changed anything. You claimed there is no right or wrong here and I told you there certainly are right and wrong explanation for why people like the music they do. 

Huh? I have never presented it as facts. If it comes across as facts to you then, oh boy, I must be really persuasive and my suggestion must make a lot of sense to you. But no, I have presented it as my opinion, argued for why it must be correct, and even encouraged people to shoot it down if it is wrong. 

Because people indicated they did. It kinda started the whole discussion. 

Discussion with you gets painstaking more and more. You insinuate things that nobody said, changing subjects, denying having changed those… probably your tactic. It’s hard to follow. I’m out. Have fun👍🏼

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Blackstar said:

EDIT: Oh, this guy again (in the video), the one behind the lame The General hoax. I won't even bother watching it.

Has the video guy peddled bullshit before? What was the general hoax? 

EDIT: Oh, this guy again (in the video), the one behind the lame The General hoax. I won't even bother watching it.

1 minute ago, gavgnr said:

He had taken the placeholder url for Perhaps on Apple (before it was released - the link led to an error page but the page had been created) and just replaced "perhaps" with "thegeneral" without changing anything else in the url (like the unique item number) to say that the General was about to be released, too. And then he boasted that he did something smart.

He has said a lot of bs - his videos are fool of it actually. I don't remember anything specific now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dani_1455 said:

That maybe seems no interesting but just maybe is something to look forward to, she has not been involved on the CD era, the fact that she knows this titles maybe means something or maybe it is nothing

She worked with Brain on some (or more) of the CD remixes, and not just the live performance during the basketball game years ago. I do not know if she's on any of the CD2 NITL hybrid songs. 

55 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

He had taken the placeholder url for Perhaps on Apple (before it was released - the link led to an error page but the page had been created) and just replaced "perhaps" with "thegeneral" without changing anything else in the url (like the unique item number) to say that the General was about to be released, too. And then he boasted that he did something smart.

He has said a lot of bs - his videos are fool of it actually. I don't remember anything specific now.

Dude loves the sound of his own voice that’s for sure :lol:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, gavgnr said:

Dude loves the sound of his own voice that’s for sure :lol:

He’s so annoying I instantly doubted him, he looks like his saying just the right stuff he knows people want to hear to get attention. 
But I’d love for him to be right about this one. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Lelex95 said:

Has anyone seen this and what do we think of it? 

That guy is just rehashing old info that may end up being accurate further down the line. The word album has been used previously by Slash in regards to the Chinese material which seemed to dwindle down in size as the years rolled by.

He’s full of shit and is just trying to bait to get views as he has done previously. 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Not to mention he did a shoddy photoshop job for The General single cover art and tried passing it off as real, lol. He thought he fooled everyone on both accounts when no one really took either of them seriously in the first place.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Not to mention he did a shoddy photoshop job for The General single cover art and tried passing it off as real, lol. He thought he fooled everyone on both accounts when no one really took either of them seriously in the first place.

I would question anything he covers. Like that AI Atlas Shrugged album cover EP. He did videos on that, wouldn't surprise me if he made it to drive views to his channel

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Bansidhe said:

"Alongside a full length album, the band plans to release a new covers EP, with a highlight being an amped up take on the classic Haddaway hit What Is Love, featuring duelling lead parts from both Slash and Buckethead."

Jenny Talorgan

Kayfabe Rock News

I'd want to listen to that :rofl-lol:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 8/24/2024 at 12:32 PM, Rindmelon said:

I would question anything he covers. Like that AI Atlas Shrugged album cover EP. He did videos on that, wouldn't surprise me if he made it to drive views to his channel

I dont know the guy but sure hope his information is legit.

Come on, guys!!!! Lets still stay positive after 16 years 😂😂😂

• Haha 2

On 8/23/2024 at 1:00 AM, Lelex95 said:

Has anyone seen this and what do we think of it? 

Cut Of The Jib is a troll, don't even give him the clicks.

An album obviously isn't coming, and I wouldn't even expect Monsters next year honestly. They've got at least one more year of touring Europe and South America with their 'new songs' Perhaps and The General... :facepalm:

• Like 1

It’s a shame that this BS video is taking peoples’ attention away from Duff’s latest comment…”who’s to say? We haven’t been in the studio” [wry smile] There’s no punctuation error here and Duff’s wry smile in my eyes is probably him smirking at the ridiculousness of the new music situation 

• Like 2

On 8/25/2024 at 12:29 PM, Izzy squire said:

Sorry for my english

Monster is a very good song

Your English is fine, and I love Monsters as well! The only think I'd like more, would be Soul Monster with Buckethead. ;) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 8/23/2024 at 2:31 PM, Blackstar said:

I know this was a typo, but I feel it is on point. :lol:

On 8/24/2024 at 11:43 AM, Bansidhe said:

"Alongside a full length album, the band plans to release a new covers EP, with a highlight being an amped up take on the classic Haddaway hit What Is Love, featuring duelling lead parts from both Slash and Buckethead."

Jenny Talorgan

Kayfabe Rock News

Baby don't hurt me :cry:

• Haha 3