The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

1 hour ago, JimiRose said:

That was 7 years ago, we've had 5 prime ministers in the UK since then :lol: The problem with your argument is that you saying theres obviously an album coming eventually, because weve had them saying for 15 years that there's an album coming is counteracted by the fact they've been saying that for 15 years. So every indication is that when they say they have an album, they obviously don't. 

Why argue with someone that will write a multiple paragraph total bs response that sounds like he’s licking Axl’s nutsack while typing? Seriously, anyone here that makes any fucking excuses for why there is no music released is simply arguing for the sake of arguing. 

/rant 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Rovim said:

who knows but to me it seems like it was more than Slash thinking out loud. Like he was maybe informed by Axl and then for some reason, it didn't happen.

Yeah it seemed like he was told here's how it's going to happen and it was a solid layout so he repeated it, and then that plan got scrapped and he looks like an A-hole

2 hours ago, Zeppelin said:

These threads are quite cyclical, and annoyingly so. It's only a matter of time before we hit the "well, Axl recorded Rock The Rock, so he must want to record new music" phase of this thread.

Bring on the rock☄️

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

Yeah it seemed like he was told here's how it's going to happen and it was a solid layout so he repeated it, and then that plan got scrapped and he looks like an A-hole

Bring on the rock☄️

Looking like an A-hole doesn't really matter though because the press wont bother him about it because new GnR music isn't relevant or desired outside this forum and the money will keep rolling in from the tours 

43 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Looking like an A-hole doesn't really matter though because the press wont bother him about it because new GnR music isn't relevant or desired outside this forum and the money will keep rolling in from the tours 

Not true, it's the no 2 question that press want to know. No 1 is what was discussed at the dinner where the mended bridges. Next is when are they putting out new music. Each and every interview starts or ends with "we have to talk about GNR, new music??"

I think about other artists that started around the same timeframe as Guns N' Roses and even if I don't care too much for latter day albums from them there's usually at least 1 or 2 good songs that come from a newer album.

Guns could have come out out with 2 albums since 2008 and if they were 12 songs each with only 2 good ones thats 4 songs that could've been added to their current setlists. Barring the band releasing really terrible new music we could have at least gotten some setlist flexibility had they done anything.

9 hours ago, TheSlashrose said:

Axl talk about music in 2014 Man, nine years ago. 

He also talked about his desire to release more music at the China Exchange in 2016. But that is not the point, is it? The point was that you used his silence on the matter as some proof no music was coming, I was pointing out the fallacy of that argument by stating that he doesn't really talk at all, and also that when he has been talking, he has expressed an interest in releasing more music.

You started by claiming there was no indication of an album coming, I pointed out you are wrong; you then argued that this was only coming from Slash, I pointed out the relevance of Slash talking about this and also suggested that it was perhaps unreasonable to expect Axl to talk about new music when he isn't talking at all; you then argued that it's been a long time since Axl talked about new music, and I now point it that you are using flawed argumentation. Basically, I have rhetorically been driving you from redoubt to redoubt.

8 hours ago, JimiRose said:

That was 7 years ago, we've had 5 prime ministers in the UK since then :lol: The problem with your argument is that you saying theres obviously an album coming eventually, because weve had them saying for 15 years that there's an album coming is counteracted by the fact they've been saying that for 15 years. So every indication is that when they say they have an album, they obviously don't. 

I don't know how your failed government plays into this, are we going to blame the lack of new music on Truss, too :lol: 

Anyway, the problem with your argument is that you seem to think my argument is that an album is "obviously" coming. I don't think I have been that certain recently, have I? What I stated in this argument was that there is clearly indications that an album is coming. That doesn't mean I am of the opinion that an album is obviously coming. In the world of GN'R there is a wide chasm between "indications of an album coming" and "an album is obviously coming". In short, you can never disregard the possibility of things getting fucked up. 

And no, I will never use the passing of an inordinate amount of time as a good evidence that music is not coming. In fact, I EXPECT long stretches of time. 

9 hours ago, DTV88 said:

Why argue with someone that will write a multiple paragraph total bs response that sounds like he’s licking Axl’s nutsack while typing? Seriously, anyone here that makes any fucking excuses for why there is no music released is simply arguing for the sake of arguing. 

/rant 

You are correct. I'm convinced soulmonster is Jarmo, or in the battle to replace him. 

2 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

I don't know how your failed government plays into this, are we going to blame the lack of new music on Truss, too :lol: 

Anyway, the problem with your argument is that you seem to think my argument is that an album is "obviously" coming. I don't think I have been that certain recently, have I? What I stated in this argument was that there is clearly indications that an album is coming. That doesn't mean I am of the opinion that an album is obviously coming. In the world of GN'R there is a wide chasm between "indications of an album coming" and "an album is obviously coming". In short, you can never disregard the possibility of things getting fucked up. 

And no, I will never use the passing of an inordinate amount of time as a good evidence that music is not coming. In fact, I EXPECT long stretches of time. 

Lucky you do expect long stretches of time, 17 years, then 15 years. If you can tolerate that as a fan and still back the conmen that are GnR and Axl rose then good luck to you. 

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

Lucky you do expect long stretches of time, 17 years, then 15 years. If you can tolerate that as a fan and still back the conmen that are GnR and Axl rose then good luck to you. 

Tolerate? What option do I have? It is not like the long period between releasing is going to make me like Appetite any less. I don't rant and whine about GN'R not releasing music any more than I rant and whine about evolution not having provided me with wings. It is what it is and you just have to deal with it maturely.

Back them? How do I back them?

45 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Tolerate? What option do I have? It is not like the long period between releasing is going to make me like Appetite any less. I don't rant and whine about GN'R not releasing music any more than I rant and whine about evolution not having provided me with wings. It is what it is and you just have to deal with it maturely.

Back them? How do I back them?

call a spade a spade. GnR (axl) take the piss out of their fanbase, zero new music, diminishing quality in shows, zero fan interaction and increasing costs against a back drop of poverty for the average fan. You choose to defend the indefensible. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JimiRose said:

call a spade a spade. GnR (axl) take the piss out of their fanbase, zero new music, diminishing quality in shows, zero fan interaction and increasing costs against a back drop of poverty for the average fan. You choose to defend the indefensible. 

I don't consider not releasing music or not being able to sing as well as before, to "take the piss" out of the fans. He is also not obligated to communicate to us, it has been like this since the mid-90s. And I am not sure the GN'R ticket prices are priced too high, but seems to be what is expected for a top-tier performance in 2023, I'm afraid.

Don't get me wrong, I would have preferred all of this to be different. We are totally in agreement there. It just doesn't affect me to the point where I whine and complain about it. Maybe we should have had this discussion back in 1990 when I was waiting for UYIs to come out? I would probably have been more inclined to whine back then. Now I am a grown-up and I can easily handle a favorite band not releasing music. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

He also talked about his desire to release more music at the China Exchange in 2016. But that is not the point, is it? The point was that you used his silence on the matter as some proof no music was coming, I was pointing out the fallacy of that argument by stating that he doesn't really talk at all, and also that when he has been talking, he has expressed an interest in releasing more music.

You started by claiming there was no indication of an album coming, I pointed out you are wrong; you then argued that this was only coming from Slash, I pointed out the relevance of Slash talking about this and also suggested that it was perhaps unreasonable to expect Axl to talk about new music when he isn't talking at all; you then argued that it's been a long time since Axl talked about new music, and I now point it that you are using flawed argumentation. Basically, I have rhetorically been driving you from redoubt to redoubt.

Mr own reason, Axl talk about new music in 2016? Ok, seven years ago, what it change? Seven Years. But its ok. Slash is the Man, his words are very important 

On 2/27/2023 at 2:01 AM, janrichmond said:

K, bye

Bismillah! No, we will not let you go(

Let him go!) Bismillah! We will not let you go

(Let him go!) Bismillah! We will not let you go

(Let me go) Will not let you go

(Let me go)(Never) Never let you go

(Let me go) (Never) let you go (Let me go) Ah

No, no, no, no, no, no, no

Oh mama mia, mama mia, mama mia, let me go

Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me, for me,

For meee.

BAM! Axl enters

• Haha 1

After the shitty box release of AFD and Illusions, honestly I don't expect anything else. People don't handle criticism very well. Axl is one of them. Slash says some things about releases, but he never said dates, he said next summer, it's been two since what he said. Nobody accepts the fact that touring is extremely lucrative, and he won't release an album to promote a tour. Metallica does it, ACDC has done it very well for years. I easily see Guns playing for a few more years, then going on a farewell tour for a few more years, just like the old KISS members do.

• GNFNR 1

18 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Not true, it's the no 2 question that press want to know. No 1 is what was discussed at the dinner where the mended bridges. Next is when are they putting out new music. Each and every interview starts or ends with "we have to talk about GNR, new music??"

And when he gives the bullshit answer, like they've all given since 2009, the interviewer wont push back, because it doesn't really matter either way, which is my point.

5 hours ago, TheSlashrose said:

After the shitty box release of AFD and Illusions, honestly I don't expect anything else. People don't handle criticism very well. Axl is one of them. Slash says some things about releases, but he never said dates, he said next summer, it's been two since what he said. Nobody accepts the fact that touring is extremely lucrative, and he won't release an album to promote a tour. Metallica does it, ACDC has done it very well for years. I easily see Guns playing for a few more years, then going on a farewell tour for a few more years, just like the old KISS members do.

I think the box sets are mostly great….the pricing was all wrong though. And AFD should have had a live gig…..but they weren’t bad at all IMO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2020_Intensions said:

And when he gives the bullshit answer, like they've all given since 2009, the interviewer wont push back, because it doesn't really matter either way, which is my point.

I think that has more to do with them not wanting to burn bridges by persisting on a question that they know is making the person squirm. If it didn't matter then it would be a conversation topic, and it wouldn't make the rounds when it is mentioned in an interview. There is definitely an interest in new music... even though it's also not going to be that big a deal a few weeks/days after whatever they release.

7 hours ago, Towelie said:

If you're so zen and uber-chill about your favourite band not releasing music, why are you one of the most active posters in a thread about them releasing new music? You're not fooling anybody buddy. You know they're shit, just like the rest of us. 

Still beats hating everything and wasting your time by still posting here

8 hours ago, Towelie said:

If you're so zen and uber-chill about your favourite band not releasing music, why are you one of the most active posters in a thread about them releasing new music? You're not fooling anybody buddy. You know they're shit, just like the rest of us. 

Do you have to be un-zen and non-chill to post in this thread? Even though I don't get all upset when GN'R doesn't release music, I still really look forward to new music coming. I seem to be one of the more positive guys here about new music coming eventually, and I also think the unfinished music we heard from the locker leaks have a lot of potential. 

• Like 3