The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

3 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Because if it's actually GNR, then she for sure wouldn't be allowed to leak something 

Which is what makes me think it could be. If it was a Slash solo thing he wouldn't care. Also wouldnt be surprised if someone had a little word with her after she filmed them running through what could be Oklahoma (or at least something new if it wasnt that)

8 hours ago, El Guapo said:

If only they'd finally realise that the whole "mystery" bullshit is super lame and ridiculous now. As if Gnr ain't boring enough for fucks sake.

the mystery probably being working under conditions that don't go against what Axl wants which seems to be to not share too much before something "new" is being released. Duff talked about keeping it mysterious, but I think everyone knows it's not really their choice cause who knows what or when something will be released cause Axl decides and he's unpredictable when it comes to the release of new material.

• Like 2

However, I believe if Slash wanted to, he could say fuck it, let’s throw them at least some bone, and talk with Axl about this. I mean, what could happen to him? Also, yes, I get that Axl got butthurt by all that CD stuff, but that was some two decades ago, with completely different people involved on all sides, so I reckon maybe it’s time to get the shit together and start acting at least a little bit like a normal band. 
The mystery aspect stopped being cool sometime after 2002. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Rovim said:

the mystery probably being working under conditions that don't go against what Axl wants which seems to be to not share too much before something "new" is being released. Duff talked about keeping it mysterious, but I think everyone knows it's not really their choice cause who knows what or when something will be released cause Axl decides and he's unpredictable when it comes to the release of new material.

I agree.. and it's extremely sad :(

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LA_0013 said:

Trouble about keeping things mysterious is you release it and the general public really don’t care. See Hard Skool for reference 

You got to release something commercially viable and promote the fuck out of it. Something Axl has forgotten about after UYI 2.

• Like 1

I think the mysterious bullshit was officially over at the end of 2008 when ChiDem finally was out and GnR was no longer culturally or musically relevant. That worked back in the day when rock ruled the airwaves and the internet was still in its infancy. It doesn't work AT ALL anymore when we live in a world of instant news and promotion and rock is not important whatsoever to music and bands like GnR are seen as old man groups now ...

• GNFNR 1

56 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

i think a skilled musician should be able to do that, no?

Tragically i had time on my hands yesterday so ripped the video zoomed in slowed it down to see what he was doing..Too much time on my hands:facepalm:

It's difficult to tell but there is one part where he seemed to play a solo or lick as apposed to chords. 

if it's GNR related, it's a rework of one of the Chinese leftovers.
if you're a guitarist you can see and replicate what's Slash is playing.

does anyone with a decent IQ has checked in the leaks where to find some acoustic part to determine which song it could be? 

Edited by DeNfr

As a guitarist myself.  My guess on finger placement is a possible likeliness it is Atlas.  Tons of acoustic instrumentation in that song.  Predominantly in the beginning.  However I could be wrong.  Could be SMKC.  He hid that record recording snippets last time when they recorded 4 and she was recording him.  It was silent if I remember right 

7 minutes ago, UYI4 said:

As a guitarist myself.  My guess on finger placement is a possible likeliness it is Atlas.  Tons of acoustic instrumentation in that song.  Predominantly in the beginning.  However I could be wrong.  Could be SMKC.  He hid that record recording snippets last time when they recorded 4 and she was recording him.  It was silent if I remember right 

interesting. "Dummy" has a lot of acoustic guitar too.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, UYI4 said:

Atlas was my guess to tbf. Curly Shuffle has acoustic in it but bbut doesnt match up to where is fingers are