The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

22 hours ago, Karice said:

Hardskool is miles better than Absurd. Absurd has one of the disgusting lyrics I have EVER heard about a vagina. 🤢🤮 Fucking NASTY! 🤮🤢 At least Hardskool doesn't have any disgusting lyrics. 😌

I'm sure that lyric was figurative. I wish he kept the chorus, it would have been fitting. 

I really liked the 2000 Village leaks Hardschool. Robin's guitar and Josh's drums were killer. I like the second part of Slash's solo. I wish they just added that to the official version from the older version. I don't dig the bass and cowbell intro. 

11 minutes ago, DeNfr said:

care to elaborate why?

Many (including myself) feel the mixing and mastering on the two tracks are bad. Compare it to any song on the 2008 album, or even a Village "rough mix" from a sound quality standpoint. The songs are too loud, the instruments and at times even vocals are not balanced. Frank's drums on Hard Skool have an awful effect on them making it sound almost like a drum machine, the guitars are loud and overpowering, especially on Absurd and the drums are too low on that track as well.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sweersa said:

Many (including myself) feel the mixing and mastering on the two tracks are bad. Compare it to any song on the 2008 album, or even a Village "rough mix" from a sound quality standpoint. The songs are too loud, the instruments and at times even vocals are not balanced. Frank's drums on Hard Skool have an awful effect on them making it sound almost like a drum machine, the guitars are loud and overpowering, especially on Absurd and the drums are too low on that track as well.

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=13575

This was a discussion we had some years ago on another forum focused around Marco Beltrami. But as the discussion progressed there’s more focus on the layers of sound that were recorded into the CD tracks. Anyway it’s an interesting read for those who care.

• Thanks 2

That cover by Bach and Axl is a nice hidden gem.  Stuck Inside has some killer vocals as well. 

Agreed! I think all 3 tracks he sang on were awesome, seriously powerful vocals that Axl gave 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DeNfr said:

care to elaborate why?

5 hours ago, Sweersa said:

Couldn’t have said it better myself, @Sweersa

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Coma16 said:

Release The F'N' Hounds...being racially insensitive towards people of color ?

I'm not a native speaker but Urban Dictionary and Google don't help me either.
Hound is a bad word ? (When used in "your" context)

Never heard of that.

Edited by avahland
ÿ = "y
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Coma16 said:

Fun "fact", the upcoming album, titled Release The F'N' Hounds, is now delayed because the title can be perceived as being racially insensitive towards people of color.

Some people find "color" used in that context as insensitive. 

What a time to be alive! 

Soon, binary gender pronouns in songs will be axed from songs.

• Sad 1

What a time to be alive! 

I still don't get it...
Call me stupid (no offence) but what word is a color in the title "Release The F'N' Hounds" ?

2 hours ago, Sweersa said:

What a time to be alive! 

"They got a smile that it seemed to me"

"They a very sexy they, very hard to please"

Fortunately Axl drops the first and last words when he's gasping for air

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, Coma16 said:

Fun "fact", the upcoming album, titled Release The F'N' Hounds, is now delayed because the title can be percieved as being racially insensitive towards people of color.

Woke Wankers…..

“release the hounds” as we all know is slang for getting your testicles out.

I don’t know if there is a correlation between women “getting their puppies out “ and men “releasing the hounds” but there could be…

• Haha 1