The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

On 3/20/2023 at 2:16 PM, Sweersa said:

That cover by Bach and Axl is a nice hidden gem.  Stuck Inside has some killer vocals as well. 

Speaking of Sebastian Bach and Axl , I saw an SNL Skit where the REAL Sebastian Bach and Adam Sandler as Axl and Kiefer Sutherland as Slash did a funny skit where all three of them sing Rock N Roll Lullabies to a kid before his bedtime! 🤣😏🤘 I remember looking up something like,"Did Slash, Axl, and Sebastian Bach do a skit on SNL called Rock N Roll Lullabies?" 🤣I was a VERY Rookie Fan of Guns N'Roses at the time and wondered if Adam as Axl and Kiefer were the REAL Slash and Axl. In my defense, Adam and Slash captured Axl and Slash's looks and personalities succinctly.😏 I remember thinking that Sebastian Bach,😄Axl and Slash would make a killer Trio in real life and it turns out, Sebastian and Axl did do a  Collaboration that sounded good! 😄🤘😏

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Karice said:

Speaking of Sebastian Bach and Axl , I saw an SNL Skit where the REAL Sebastian Bach and Adam Sandler as Axl and Kiefer Sutherland as Slash did a funny skit where all three of them sing Rock N Roll Lullabies to a kid before his bedtime! 🤣😏🤘 I remember looking up something like,"Did Slash, Axl, and Sebastian Bach do a skit on SNL called Rock N Roll Lullabies?" 🤣I was a VERY Rookie Fan of Guns N'Roses at the time and wondered if Adam as Axl and Kiefer were the REAL Slash and Axl. In my defense, Adam and Slash captured Axl and Slash's looks and personalities succinctly.😏 I remember thinking that Sebastian Bach,😄Axl and Slash would make a killer Trio in real life and it turns out, Sebastian and Axl did do a  Collaboration that sounded good! 😄🤘😏

Yes- Amazing and classic skit - and Sandler's Axl has been my avatar here for years! :)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Powderfinger said:

Woke Wankers…..

“release the hounds” as we all know is slang for getting your testicles out.

I don’t know if there is a correlation between women “getting their puppies out “ and men “releasing the hounds” but there could be…

That's the information I wanted to know !
Thanks a lot !

18 hours ago, Powderfinger said:

Woke Wankers…..

“release the hounds” as we all know is slang for getting your testicles out.

I don’t know if there is a correlation between women “getting their puppies out “ and men “releasing the hounds” but there could be…

Woke Wankers, that's a cool band name right there!

"Good evening! We're Woke Wankers, this one is called "Suck my vegan sausage", one, two, three, four!" 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Spoon87 said:

So, still no new album?

:facepalm:

Nah. They can’t even figure out how to digitally release the other handful of reworked CD2 tracks that were supposedly imminent this past fall according to Slash.

40 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

Nah. They can’t even figure out how to digitally release the other handful of reworked CD2 tracks that were supposedly imminent this past fall according to Slash.

I'm sure they are debating on whether or not to release it in 128 Kbps or 192 Kbps. Not that it matters with the mixing and mastering, assuming they do it in a similar fashion as they did with the previous two tracks. 

3 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I'm sure they are debating on whether or not to release it in 128 Kbps or 192 Kbps. Not that it matters with the mixing and mastering, assuming they do it in a similar fashion as they did with the previous two tracks. 

lareneG ehT- Drums up+mix (192 Kbps) Wav

On 3/21/2023 at 5:03 PM, avahland said:

I still don't get it...
Call me stupid (no offence) but what word is a color in the title "Release The F'N' Hounds" ?

All it means is C. Montgomery Burns is pissed… 

image.gif.6f4512150220ec44b17588ec1f962bc6.gif

… probably because Axl won’t release new music!! 

Edited by D4NNY
  • Haha 2

Hey so I was just watching an old Slash interview again - The MTV in the pool interview from '96 - He talked very positively about the situation in Guns and with Axl himself, which always struck me as to how could things have deteriorated so quickly if things were seemingly moving in a proper direction, but besides that, my reason for mentioning this is that Slash had said between himself, Duff, and Axl, there were 80 songs that could be potential material for the next album. Just crazy to think how quickly things changed and how in a matter of months to a year GnR went from 3 original members with "supposedly" 80 songs to a completely new band with only 1 original member and a clean slate of material, which still to this day, nearly 30 years later, has only produce 16 officially released tracks. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Hey so I was just watching an old Slash interview again - The MTV in the pool interview from '96 - He talked very positively about the situation in Guns and with Axl himself, which always struck me as to how could things have deteriorated so quickly if things were seemingly moving in a proper direction, but besides that, my reason for mentioning this is that Slash had said between himself, Duff, and Axl, there were 80 songs that could be potential material for the next album. Just crazy to think how quickly things changed and how in a matter of months to a year GnR went from 3 original members with "supposedly" 80 songs to a completely new band with only 1 original member and a clean slate of material, which still to this day, nearly 30 years later, has only produce 16 officially released tracks. 

17, you forgot Oh My God. Still crazy.

19 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

so there's a lot of dormant material they could dig in after the tour and the release of the CD leftovers, interesting

7 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Slash wasn't exactly giving a truthful description of the situation in the band at the time. In practise, Slash had been out of the band since '95, prioritizing Snakepit over GN'R. A trial period happened in Aug and Sep '96 with Slash being part of 10-11 rehearsals, and where they got some stuff done, but Slash would admit things between him and Axl was at a "standstill" and he left the band just weeks later. 

3 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Yeah, my understanding is that "coloured people" is offensive and "people of colour"(basically the same term lol) is politically correct.

I hope we get to hear the 80 songs from the '96 sessions.

Generally is the press that use "people of colour" term. The common people when talking in colloquial manner use the offensive manner ,not all people, but many do it.