The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

3 hours ago, IzzysMissy said:

Looks like Izzy is in the studio too - so that’s like everyone except Axl right?

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CqGmd--pRBm/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Wishful thinking everyone is adding a part to the “GNR is best with the sum of ALL its parts” fact of life, but alas I think I’ll just go back to bed and dream!

Sounds like he stole Brian Mays tone which is odd

4 hours ago, IzzysMissy said:

Looks like Izzy is in the studio too - so that’s like everyone except Axl right?

Wishful thinking everyone is adding a part to the “GNR is best with the sum of ALL its parts” fact of life, but alas I think I’ll just go back to bed and dream!

well there's #gnr hashtag there...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IzzysMissy said:

Anyone else hearing Barracuda? 😂

Edited by gavgnr
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, LandOla said:

well there's #gnr hashtag there...

Probably just to help casual fans who only know Axl and Slash, so they know what band he is known for

8 hours ago, Rodzilla72 said:

Yes that's definitely just the studio fishing for clicks.

I've got a radical idea for the Studio if they want clicks so badly ..Make their Golden "Axe" "cut," a new Album and they'll get all the clicks they'll want! 🤔 😏

Edited by Karice

maybe Izzy needs time to get over what he may perceive as greed by his former Gn'r band members? in any case, good to see he's doing something musical and sharing it again. Don't think we'll see Izzy and Gn'R doing anything together anytime soon though, but who know? Axl and Izzy know each other for a very long time.

• Like 1

Definitely the meeting without Izzy's presence left deep sequels. I don't see him playing with Axl, or any other former member. He felt betrayed, and I think it's fair that he received it equally as Slash and Duff did. Izzy was the main songwriter, it's nice to see Duff, but if Tommy had stayed it wouldn't have changed much. So I see the whole thing as a huge amount of greed on the part of Axl, Slash and Duff. They've got their asses full of cash, and they haven't given their fans a tour with Izzy and Steven.

10 hours ago, TheSlashrose said:

Definitely the meeting without Izzy's presence left deep sequels. I don't see him playing with Axl, or any other former member. He felt betrayed, and I think it's fair that he received it equally as Slash and Duff did. Izzy was the main songwriter, it's nice to see Duff, but if Tommy had stayed it wouldn't have changed much. So I see the whole thing as a huge amount of greed on the part of Axl, Slash and Duff. They've got their asses full of cash, and they haven't given their fans a tour with Izzy and Steven.

Ultimately, I really don’t think Izzy would have been down for the amount of touring this lineup has done. But then maybe initially they never planned to do this much touring in the first place? I’d love to know how talks really went prior to that Troubadour show in regard to what the vision or plans were at the time. They implied they booked Coachella then Vegas and Mexico, wanting to “see how it goes.” But if they knew the possibility was there to keep adding tour dates, they probably knew Izzy would be a liability. It would have been a bad look for the “reunion” had Izzy returned in the same respect as Slash and Duff did, only for Izzy to disappear shortly thereafter before the summer stadium gigs. If you’re Axl, Slash, or Duff, do you really wanna split the bag with a guy who’s gonna play a few shows then probably go back home?

GNR said they got along so well that they announced that summer stadium tour … and then kept going and going.  But, like, how close were we really to an AFD reunion, even if for one show? And did they ever truly discuss in 2016, 2017, getting in a studio to record a new record? Seriously, I doubt it. They just didn’t wanna tell us, “GNR exists purely as a touring and merchandising venture.”

Edited by GnR Chris
  • Like 4

Perhaps Izzy just doesn't give a shit about GNR at all now? 

He was certainly pissed off about the money side of things and made that point in both a statement and a song, and could well have just closed the door on it all in favour of having a quiet life away from the spotlight. 

I doubt he'd have stuck the endless touring of the same stuff long anyway, regardless of the cash. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

Perhaps Izzy just doesn't give a shit about GNR at all now? 

He was certainly pissed off about the money side of things and made that point in both a statement and a song, and could well have just closed the door on it all in favour of having a quiet life away from the spotlight. 

I doubt he'd have stuck the endless touring of the same stuff long anyway, regardless of the cash. 

What song?

3 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

Ultimately, I really don’t think Izzy would have been down for the amount of touring this lineup has done. But then maybe initially they never planned to do this much touring in the first place? I’d love to know how talks really went prior to that Troubadour show in regard to what the vision or plans were at the time. They implied they booked Coachella then Vegas and Mexico, wanting to “see how it goes.” But if they knew the possibility was there to keep adding tour dates, they probably knew Izzy would be a liability. It would have been a bad look for the “reunion” had Izzy returned in the same respect as Slash and Duff did, only for Izzy to disappear shortly thereafter before the summer stadium gigs. If you’re Axl, Slash, or Duff, do you really wanna split the bag with a guy who’s gonna play a few shows then probably go back home?

GNR said they got along so well that they announced that summer stadium tour … and then kept going and going.  But, like, how close were we really to an AFD reunion, even if for one show? And did they ever truly discuss in 2016, 2017, getting in a studio to record a new record? Seriously, I doubt it. They just didn’t wanna tell us, “GNR exists purely as a touring and merchandising venture.”

This is the exact reality. AFD reunion was never going to happen. 4/5 reunion nearly happened, Izzy was at soundcheck. But his involvement would only have been a one off thing. Axl made a business decision, Izzy should only be mad at himself. He never wanted to be a rockstar, so why even continue to bother with one of the biggest rock acts?