The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

20 minutes ago, Draguns said:

Please speak for yourself and not say we. I don't share the same sentiment as you do. 

Are you saying you wouldn't enjoy hearing 1-2 albums of additional Chinese Democracy material? Surely most GN'R fans, even casuals, would appreciate a track or two, at the very least much like most did with the 2008 album. 

I would say it's better than nothing, I feel like most here would agree with that, regardless of the lineup. 

My opinion is the CD-era CD2 and whatever they finished of CD3 is probably better than what that material will become with the current lineup, but I'd love to be proven wrong. Absurd and Hard Skool didn't support that, once again, in my opinion. Some prefer those versions to the Village mixes, which is fair enough as music is music, though I find the mixing and mastering to be poor, but perhaps that was an artistic choice and not due to other factors. 

1 hour ago, Sweersa said:

wouldn't have to worry nearly as much about the Robin and Bucket material suffering from NITL studio sessions. 

This was the part I was referring to. 

5 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

My opinion is the CD-era CD2 and whatever they finished of CD3 is probably better than what that material will become with the current lineup, but I'd love to be proven wrong. Absurd and Hard Skool didn't support that, once again, in my opinion. Some prefer those versions to the Village mixes, which is fair enough as music is music, though I find the mixing and mastering to be poor, but perhaps that was an artistic choice and not due to other factors.

This is your opinion. It's not mine. That's why I said don't use we. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Majestic Beast said:

We all hold our birth for the first 3 sec of new material will someone leak on the whole web,into a blog,forum or whatever is that.

I think that’s the only way we’re gonna get anything. The Chairman needs to come out of retirement!

13 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Tumbleweed gif please.......

And while I'm here....

Cool that they're releasing Ritz 91 since it's not only a great show but has a very unusual setlist with Mr Brownstone not being the second song, PC being early in the set and Jungle being the closer.

BTW seeing how he sings fast-paced tunes like Shadow & Reckless Life pretty decently nowadays imo (angry Mickey I call it) I think Axl could do a decent job if they played Perfect Crime now. The angry Mickey sounds better than the normal Mickey.

Never gets old. 😂

Most likely there's nothing but synthesizer mood music, no vocals.  Otherwise it could have been released by now.  Throw the old music out (or give it back to its creators) and have current employees Slash and Duff do their thing, simple as that, it would be called "Guns'n'Roses."

But there isn't any.  Almost 30 years since they did that cover album and then Axl decided to "salvage" the band.

• GNFNR 1

14 minutes ago, ChrisW said:

Most likely there's nothing but synthesizer mood music, no vocals.  Otherwise it could have been released by now.

If this were true then Atlas Shrugged, Perhaps, State Of Grace wouldn't exist as songs would they

15 minutes ago, Shacklermyrye said:

If this were true then Atlas Shrugged, Perhaps, State Of Grace wouldn't exist as songs would they

And Nothing, Eye On You, The General (2010 Vienna after-party), Seven (Brain talked about bridge and chorus), Soul Monster (Axl talked about), and unnamed piano driven rocker (Vienna after-party) that's not Perhaps :) 

Wasn't Oklahoma/Berlin listed as an alt on a setlist many years ago? If so, it implies Axl may have recorded vocals for that as well. 

Two additional possibilities, Zodiac 13 was listed as (no vox) on one of the Village CDs which may mean there was a mix that had vocals at the time. Also, Axl was clearly working on vocals for Quick Song in 2000-2001 so I would bet he finished those between then and now since he had a solid framework established then.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Zodiac 13 was listed as (no vox) on one of the Village CDs which may mean there was a mix that had vocals at the time.

Good point about Zodiac, I could see that being the case

5 hours ago, ChrisW said:

Most likely there's nothing but synthesizer mood music, no vocals.  Otherwise it could have been released by now.  Throw the old music out (or give it back to its creators) and have current employees Slash and Duff do their thing, simple as that, it would be called "Guns'n'Roses."

But there isn't any.  Almost 30 years since they did that cover album and then Axl decided to "salvage" the band.

In all honesty, Axl did salvage the Band. If he didn't make the Gun Brothers stop doing drugs, they would have most likely been dead by now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Sweersa said:

I'd like it if Axl released CD2 as it was from 2006-2014, even if under a different name and managed to actually create a NEW album with the NITL lineup. 

I think we would all like to hear that version of the album. I guess they could just release it and not promote it... but would Axl go for something like that🤔 😁

It's kinda funny though. Before NITL, the repeated comment was that we wanted to hear an album recorded with that current line up and now that that line up is no more we want to hear a new album with todays current line up. Takeaway, Axl give us a record made by the band you're playing with now, not a record you made with people who you haven't talked to in 20yrs. But also... i'll take whatever, I'd just be blown away if GNR committed to releasing any record be it a covers record, original material written 1999-2014 OR a brand new record. I think they are fully aware that they are expected to make a record, so it should just be a matter of time...but that's not exactly on their side anymore

• Like 1