The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

9 hours ago, fabrph5 said:

Haven't you been paying attention ?  They really want to, they have some stuff, that is the plan after the tour.  They are in the phase of trying to figure out how to release music in 2023

:lol:

On 4/9/2023 at 6:34 AM, metallex78 said:

I’d absolutely LOVE Mike Clink to be involved with GN’R on a new album, or even another Slash project. That guy got the best sounds out of GN’R in my opinion. He also got the best guitar tones out of Slash too. 

I agree. I'd actually love another Snakepit album too (with Rod Jackson).

6 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Just change the year at the end and this message could have been posted at any point since 2008. 

There's been so much downtime the past 7 years between tours where we could be on album 3 if they wanted to. Recording new music just isn't a priority and the cycle of the band seems to be touring 4-5 months out of the year and going their separate ways after.

The other members are probably down for new music but it all comes down to Axl and what he does during the months off because he could've written like a novels worth of lyrics and ideas at this point.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, mystery said:

The other members are probably down for new music but it all comes down to Axl and what he does during the months off because he could've written like a novels worth of lyrics and ideas at this point.

He probably has, whether or not they are finished and/or released, that's the question. 

If they are maintained through his eventual passing, I'm certain TB will capitalize on it with multiple albums, which would be music to our ears. 

• Like 1

On 4/9/2023 at 7:30 PM, TheSlashrose said:

I hope for this  

Matt Sorum talking about that, a song with Eazy-E called

" The Yellow Road Of Compton" 

Yep its just the one song with no Axl. Also Slash featured on another eazy e song luv 4 dem gangstas I think its called.

1 hour ago, vloors said:

Yep its just the one song with no Axl. Also Slash featured on another eazy e song luv 4 dem gangstas I think its called.

Duffs on it too... It was supposed to be released May 11 1993

here's some paperwork on it I found years back https://we.tl/t-XSRGASkwym

I'm also being told on a hip hop forum apperently there were plans for Eazy to work with ACDC as well although he died before it happened. I'll keep looking into this

Edited by Shacklermyrye

On 4/9/2023 at 8:29 AM, fabrph5 said:

Haven't you been paying attention ?  They really want to, they have some stuff, that is the plan after the tour.  They are in the phase of trying to figure out how to release music in 2023

They've finished the second Chinese Democracy album but they can't release it until Geffen is done marketing the first one.  By then they'll be finishing the third one.

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Shacklermyrye said:

Duffs on it too... It was supposed to be released May 11 1993

here's some paperwork on it I found years back https://we.tl/t-XSRGASkwym

I'm also being told on a hip hop forum apperently there were plans for Eazy to work with ACDC as well although he died before it happened. I'll keep looking into this

Cool. Eazy-E is a legend 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ChrisW said:

They've finished the second Chinese Democracy album but they can't release it until Geffen is done marketing the first one.  By then they'll be finishing the third one.

Oh god I just remembered didn't Axl say in 2014 they "still had some more work to do with Chinese" re promotion? Seeing as there was no promotion aside from the tour I can only assume he meant another 3 or 4 years touring. 

18 hours ago, Sweersa said:

He probably has, whether or not they are finished and/or released, that's the question. 

If they are maintained through his eventual passing, I'm certain TB will capitalize on it with multiple albums, which would be music to our ears. 

The sad truth. Once he is gone we will be inundated with unreleased music, remixes, live albums, collaborations with new singers and rappers pasted over existing scraps of tracks. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Sweersa said:

You have to get this idea out of your head that Axl has multiple albums worth of recorded vocals sitting around ... I mean seriously

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

You have to get this idea out of your head that Axl has multiple albums worth of recorded vocals sitting around ... I mean seriously

In 2014 Axl said the second part of Chinese Democracy was done, as was a remix album, and done for a long time AND they have continued with new stuff. That was almost ten years ago now.

It's not unreasonable to assume they have 2+ albums worth of material, especially if you count the CD remix album, alt versions of songs, plus all the stuff that has been discarded or abandoned over the years that TB may capitalize on after Axl is out of the picture. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

In 2014 Axl said the second part of Chinese Democracy was done, as was a remix album, and done for a long time AND they have continued with new stuff. That was almost ten years ago now.

It's not unreasonable to assume they have 2+ albums worth of material, especially if you count the CD remix album, alt versions of songs, plus all the stuff that has been discarded or abandoned over the years that TB may capitalize on after Axl is out of the picture. 

You are massively over exaggerating what has not been released. If that makes you feel better then fine but it just sounds damn silly ... He has 1 album (remix does not count) that he for whatever reason hasn't released ... That's it! 

• Thanks 1

In all seriousness none of us have any knowledge on how much Axls got music wise. Like literally how could any of us truly know how much there is? It’s so silly people telling other people they’re wrong when no one actually has a damn clue. Only Axl knows, other band members may know, TB probably know but that’s it 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by D4NNY
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, D4NNY said:

In all seriousness none of us have any knowledge on how much Axls got music wise. Like literally how could any of us truly know how much there is? It’s so silly people telling other people they’re wrong when no one actually has a damn clue. Only Axl knows, other band members may know, TB probably know but that’s it 🤷🏻‍♂️

Right, we're in full Pele mode.

• Like 2