The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

And that's why it's about more than just Axl being lazy...

Many would lap up a Blu-Ray/Disney+ concert premiere of the NITL tour and at this point, that requires almost zero effort on Axl's front - just sanction it....I'd love a properly mixed best of show, there's a good watch in there....especially when you hear how he sounds on those decently mixed EP lives.

But yet...crickets.

I'm sure Rock Fuel and Eagle Rock have shown some interest at the least...

So Axl just doesn't like putting shit out, not always to do with effort, i'd say.

One day it will happen, in life or death but if you can do Vegas Blu-Ray...you certainly can do this one...

Release it and if he forgets his meds, maybe even promote a new single on release - "Monsters" on the back of it, would be smart....or the like...👍

23 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

And that's why it's about more than just Axl being lazy...

Many would lap up a Blu-Ray/Disney+ concert premiere of the NITL tour and at this point, that requires almost zero effort on Axl's front - just sanction it....I'd love a properly mixed best of show, there's a good watch in there....especially when you hear how he sounds on those decently mixed EP lives.

But yet...crickets.

I'm sure Rock Fuel and Eagle Rock have shown some interest at the least...

So Axl just doesn't like putting shit out, not always to do with effort, i'd say.

One day it will happen, in life or death but if you can do Vegas Blu-Ray...you certainly can do this one...

Release it and if he forgets his meds, maybe even promote a new single on release - "Monsters" on the back of it, would be smart....or the like...👍

I think the moment has probably passed for that one too. Should have been 2016 run, then it would have been selling/being watched all the time people were going to see them. 

I'd still like it to happen, but I can't see it now. 

29 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I think the moment has probably passed for that one too. Should have been 2016 run, then it would have been selling/being watched all the time people were going to see them. 

I'd still like it to happen, but I can't see it now. 

I'm not arguing about moments, etc....just what I'd like/should of done. Sure....same could of been said after 2001 with Chinese though and that came...new concert tours from the 70/80s are still fairly often released in one format or another..it's historic, it can happen if they want...not for sales or impact but certainly as a gift to the fans. I stand by the Vegas comment...if that can happen (I know it almost didn't....🙄)

On 5/31/2024 at 5:42 PM, 2020_Intensions said:

When would the surgery have taken place if so? His voice has been gradually declining since 2011. 

Don't know, I guess people claimed it was earlier than that? Maybe in 2000? Or in 2003-ish?

On 5/30/2024 at 12:43 AM, colonizedmind said:

Gotta hand it to him, he's been everywhere talking about his vocal problems, after years of ridicule and he's really working hard to get it back...saying he'll only do it again if it can be as good as it used to be. Gotta be an ego blow to admit this, so my hats off to him for bringing light to this in their new doc, etc... That's pretty bold...would we support surgery and invasive vocal therapy for Axl, if went for it? Surely it could help him, they can do amazing things these days....even just learning different techniques within what you have and getting rid of the ego to alter the tempos and octaves. Taking things down a half or full step, can prolong many a singers career..I think Axl think we'd all be disappointed if Night Train was suddenly lower, but I think he's wrong...90% would probably be really happy...

Thoughts?

not a particular fan of his music, I like a few tunes, but he's dedicated.
f Axl feels the need to go that road, good for him, and I personaly think
it could improve his performances by a lot on some demanding songs.

I notice Jon's haircut could be an inspiration too...

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, THELINESMAN said:

For tasty new music, Slash needs to write some guitar driven music -Axl needs to write new lyrics and sing them. Not gonna happen but I’ll keep dreaming :slash:

Well, it could be that easy!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

But hey, they manage to get an album out!

I like it, kiss my hairy ass 🤣

Yeah. Watched his docu, he knows and really struggled with his voice, tried everything, and finally got surgery. All because he loves creating music.

His new album is good, esp compared to the 2020 album which SUCKS so bad.

If I got a beer each time someone says the New Album Thread should be closed down (until xyz), I would have been long dead and you could chisel Monsters lyrics in my liver.  

• Like 1