The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

1 hour ago, colonizedmind said:

The above....

The rambling nature of a thread about a new album, when there's no new album 😝

When Fernando said the new album would be out in 6 months or so. (Years ago) Do you think he meant years? Perhaps he's not familiar with the difference, as English isn't his first language and he could think both are synonymous with "some time"?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, DeNfr said:

no at all, I think they are great singles and they just sounds good to my ears. I don't deal with others bad taste.

Are you Fernando or Caram? Real question.

You are in the smallest minority of the public. You may be the one with the bad taste....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vloors said:

You are in the smallest minority of the public. You may be the one with the bad taste....

Songs are ok but an ok song could be significantly improved with a proper professional mix and master....

(Not always) But on some remaster editions of old albums, it's a revelation hearing layers of things that were buried or forgotten about, due to time to get it out the door in the days of bands churning a record out once a year....

SQ matters more than folk make note....it's shown up more than ever when you hear these singles and a brilliantly mixed record like the new Slash LP and even to give a relevent example, a lot of CD.

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Sweersa said:

I believe Axl and Caram muddied up the work of the professionals you mentioned. Imagine you have the best industry people bake you an amazing cake, 20 years ago. Then two clowns unfreeze and remove the white frosting and add a different color frosting, freeze, thaw, freeze, and thaw the cake entirely, then add unnecessary additions on top of the cake, etc. At this point, it doesn't matter who originally mixed the ingredients, and baked the cake before frosting it. Now, it's ruined. 

Maybe Axl should bring in Buddy Valastro, aka The Cake Boss, to help finish the album!

Edited by Illusion1987
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

I actually think the Snakepits albums are more to my taste. Especially Ain't Life Grand, probably because of how good Slash and Rod sounded.

Ain’t Life Grand was some of Slash’s best work post GnR. Serial Killer and The Alien:headbang:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sweersa said:

When Fernando said the new album would be out in 6 months or so. (Years ago) Do you think he meant years? Perhaps he's not familiar with the difference, as English isn't his first language and he could think both are synonymous with "some time"?

What's Brazilian for "Not in this lifetime"?

11 hours ago, vloors said:

no, I'm not DJ Ashba either :bitchfight:

you mean, majority have good taste? hmm, could explain Taylor Swift and K-pop, clever...

32 minutes ago, DeNfr said:

no, I'm not DJ Ashba either :bitchfight:

you mean, majority have good taste? hmm, could explain Taylor Swift and K-pop, clever...

Have a look at the feedback from a majority of GNR fans (forums, social media, youtube) regarding those new tracks and you will find your views are in the minority. 

• Like 1