The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

16 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Nothing new, so it doesn't deserve a separate thread, but worth putting it here. From a new Tommy Stinson interview:

LW: The Guns N' Roses album Chinese Democracy took over a decade to make. Were there any songs that you worked on that you liked that were never released?

TS: There are a few tracks that I wish had gotten released that were on that, but I don't remember their names because they all changed. But there's a handful of songs, more so, than we ever put out sitting in a pile somewhere. My hope would be that someday they would make another record, maybe use some of them, maybe not. But I hope they make another record one way or another.

https://www.eriereader.com/article/one-man-mutiny-an-interview-with-the-replacements-tommy-stinson

"More so than we ever put out"....so is a handful more than 14 then? We can only but hope....and thats ones he likes and would wish to hear again...

The can't remember the names bit is probably partially true but also a good fail safe to get away from naming things that other may not want named.

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

"More so than we ever put out"....so is handful is more than 14 then? We can only hope....and that's one he's likes and would like to hear again...

The can't remember the names bit is probably partially true but also a  good fail safe to get away from naming things that other may not want named.

It always comes back to the Locker leaks ... We already have those songs he's talking about. They were never finished. The poor bastard probably doesn't know Axl never recorded vocals for most of the material that band worked on. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

It always comes back to the Locker leaks ... We already have those songs he's talking about. They were never finished. The poor bastard probably doesn't know Axl never recorded vocals for most of the material that band worked on. 

Never knew you were an insider! 

The world is a dangerous place with those that think their sure as presumptions are 100% fact and carry themselves with an air of matter-of-fact...

You don't know any of that...

Before the locker leaks, there was a lot of people saying THOSE songs didn't exist....why?

Answer: because they hadn't heard them. 

I think this whole mentality comes from the fact the GNR leak world is vastly more prolific than the GNR official output...so it gives credence to strong held beliefs and lines of thought based on what should  be logically...

But hey hey....you could well be right...one day we will know (if you're young enough)

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Like 2

Well, even though there might not have been god knows how many "CDs worth of finished material", as some folks around the band claimed in the past, we still shouldn’t forget that the Village leaks is just one studio, and they allegedly used about 14 studios for the CD sessions!! And Tommy said Axl was recording something every year. And we know CD2 was ready to go around 2012 or so. Therefore, there’s definitely more material than that we know of or that we’ve even heard of. The quantity is the unknown factor, of course. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, jamillos said:

Well, even though there might not have been god knows how many "CDs worth of finished material", as some folks around the band claimed in the past, we still shouldn’t forget that the Village leaks is just one studio, and they allegedly used about 14 studios for the CD sessions!! And Tommy said Axl was recording something every year. And we know CD2 was ready to go around 2012 or so. Therefore, there’s definitely more material that we know of or that we’ve even heard of. The quantity is the unknown factor, of course. 

This 

1 hour ago, colonizedmind said:

This 

Would love to hear the 1998 stuff from Rumbo Recorders, the early stuff from when Dave Dominguez was there. Possible we have heard a lot of that though I guess but just under different names.

If Dragon from the locker papers is real then that's probably the studio it started in, given that the place was owned by captain Dragon at the time https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daryl_Dragon there's even a street right by it called Dragon Lane, maybe a working title, who knows.

Anyway Rumbo would be the main one I would be interested in, there's a bunch of them though.

Bennet Studios in Englewood for example, quite a lot of them have shut now.

• Like 1

All of this so-called finished material and Axl still released Silkworms first, followed by Hardschool & Perhaps, coincidentally all from the Locker leaks that had vocals (of which there was very few) and then The General which we all knew was finished, and we now have a leak of another song we had a strong hunch was finished. There has been NO .. ZERO .. NONE .. AT ALL .. Indication that songs like Thyme, Tonto, Zodiac, Seven, or any of these other song titles we know of, have been completed. It's ALL hearsay. The next songs GnR releases from this era, IF they release anymore, are going to be Atlas & "Monsters" and once they are released, I don't think there will be anything else coming ...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

All of this so-called finished material and Axl still released Silkworms first, followed by Hardschool & Perhaps, coincidentally all from the Locker leaks that had vocals (of which there was very few) and then The General which we all knew was finished, and we now have a leak of another song we had a strong hunch was finished. There has been NO .. ZERO .. NONE .. AT ALL .. Indication that songs like Thyme, Tonto, Zodiac, Seven, or any of these other song titles we know of, have been completed. It's ALL hearsay. The next songs GnR releases from this era, IF they release anymore, are going to be Atlas & "Monsters" and once they are released, I don't think there will be anything else coming ...

There has been no indications that Thyme, Tonto or Seven specifically have vocals, but there has been plenty of indications that more songs have vocals than those we know about. One of these is Zodiac 13 (which you mentioned), and the indication is that it is listed as "no vox" on the tape, suggesting a version with vocals were also recorded. We simply have no idea what songs Axl has continued working on and adding vocals to. I don't even think the rest the rest of the 2008-2014 lineups knows. They worked on the instrumentals, Axl worked on vocals separately, and often later. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

There has been no indications that Thyme, Tonto or Seven specifically have vocals, but there has been plenty of indications that more songs have vocals than those we know about. One of these is Zodiac 13 (which you mentioned), and the indication is that it is listed as "no vox" on the tape, suggesting a version with vocals were also recorded. We simply have no idea what songs Axl has continued working on and adding vocals to. I don't even think the rest the rest of the 2008-2014 lineups knows. They worked on the instrumentals, Axl worked on vocals separately, and often later. 

We just saw SOME of the rough mixes from a short period of time. Everything beyond that is unknown.

Nobody knew about the Monsters song until last year, right?

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Sosso said:

We just saw SOME of the rough mixes from a short period of time. Everything beyond that is unknown.

Nobody knew about the Monsters song until last year, right?

Monsters is Soul Monster, which Axl personally informed us he laid vocals on.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Monsters is Soul Monster, which Axl personally informed us he laid vocals on.

Soul Monster sounded different to me on the Rough Mixes disc.

27 minutes ago, Sosso said:

Soul Monster sounded different to me on the Rough Mixes disc.

It was just an assumption on the fans' part that the "Me and My Elvis" instrumental was Soul Monster - which was proven wrong.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

It was just an assumption on the fans' part that the "Me and My Elvis" instrumental was Soul Monster - which was proven wrong.

So, Soul Monster is Monsters and Me & My Elvis is a totally different Song?

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Mainly because of the Elvis connection

Axl:The bridge in "Elvis Presley and the Monster of Soul aka The Soul Monster (working title Leave Me Alone)" which will no doubt end up "Soul Monster".

I think it's r most Black Sabbath moment. Sang it on a Christmas eve. Imo the meanest section of anything I've sung to date. Which having said that I'm sure when it's heard others may disagree but we felt it was a Christmas card of unadulterated venom so to speak. I felt a lot better afterward. (Axl Rose , Here Today... Gone to Hell Forum, Dec. 2008)

• Like 1

Honestly, I can't wait for Monsters / Soul Monster to come out. This is the stuff we've been waiting for the whole time; not fucking Silkworms. 

Just make it happen, please. And with grandeur all around. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jamillos said:
Honestly, I can't wait for Monsters / Soul Monster to come out. This is the stuff we've been waiting for the whole time; not fucking Silkworms. 

Just make it happen, please. And with grandeur all around. 

They were ready to make it a bonus track, don't be surprised if it ends up as a b-side. A video like Perhaps would be nice but they'll probably just release some AI shit... :facepalm:

Hopefully people around the band have seen the positive response to it, though.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

They were ready to make it a bonus track, don't be surprised if it ends up as a b-side. A video like Perhaps would be nice but they'll probably just release some AI shit... :facepalm:

Hopefully people around the band have seen the positive response to it, though.

You mean Merchnando. Yeah... 

• Haha 2

Monsters is a homerun for me just as a song and how it sounds like new Gn'R meets VR with the mean section it's the cherry on top of a unique song with a strong vibe. I hope Axl releases it fairly soon with another single maybe, one of them being the b side.

it's as good a song as many of the Chinese tracks from the album imo.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Monsters is a homerun for me just as a song and how it sounds like new Gn'R meets VR with the mean section it's the cherry on top of a unique song with a strong vibe. I hope Axl releases it fairly soon with another single maybe, one of them being the b side.

it's as good a song as many of the Chinese tracks from the album imo.

My take is, had Monsters been included on CD, then if I had to choose one third (hell, one fourth) of the best songs, this track definitely would be among them. 

(and as for the released singles, M. would be the best one, with HS being second) 
Well, as they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder! 

• Like 2

https://www.loudersound.com/news/universal-music-soundlabs-ai

GNR/Axl could always finish those unfinished songs with this now.

"Universal Music, the biggest music company in the world, has signed a deal with artificial intelligence start-up Soundlabs to create what it calls "official ultra-high fidelity vocal models for artists using their own voice data for training while retaining control over ownership and giving them full artistic approval and control of the output."

In a nutshell, the deal allows singers signed to the label to train AI models using their own voices, meaning that that Jon Bon Jovi – in theory, at least – could record a new album using AI-generated vocals without committing his own voice to tape. The deal ensures that artists retain ownership of the results and are given full artistic approval on how they're used, so that not everyone can make a new Bon Jovi album "

Hopefully not.

Edited by tboneman
  • ABSUЯD 2