The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

My bet is it’s Perhaps, November Rain, Don’t Cry or Sweet Child O Mine. 

But I could also see it being Welcome to the Jungle or Its So Easy. 

What they really should do is what Linkin Park use to do. The CDs with demos and rarities with a Tshirt. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

On 7/23/2024 at 3:35 PM, ZoSoRose said:

This is so fucking weak. Last year's CD, although half- assed, was a much better effort and was worth having. If an actual new song is released by music box, that will definitely be a jump the shark moment :lol:

It's an upgrade on delivery by jukebox though! Perhaps (hey hey) they're just obsessed with boxes 🤷

• Like 1

On 7/23/2024 at 5:23 PM, ZoSoRose said:

Good point

Here is a wild hope,

Halloween themed special music box with Monsters

Tour announced with Monsters out as a Halloween single and put on streaming 

Vinyl announced with another new song as a B side to come out in January. 

I can daydream, right?

And to think it only takes a person mere seconds to become instantly better at their full time marketing department....🫣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Grayfox said:

My bet is it’s Perhaps, November Rain, Don’t Cry or Sweet Child O Mine. 

But I could also see it being Welcome to the Jungle or Its So Easy. 

What they really should do is what Linkin Park use to do. The CDs with demos and rarities with a Tshirt. 

Yeah, probably the "Turn around bitch, I got a use for you" part of Easy!

• Haha 1

On 7/23/2024 at 6:41 AM, MJRoses23 said:

Anyone see the Nightrain email? Says select people would get a music box with another track from the band but they aren’t saying what track. I’m assuming Monsters but it’s interesting. 

My guess is "another track" being like the SCOM intro or something plucked from the musical box for 20 seconds or something

Tying Monsters to Halloween seems like a good idea in theory. But i am wary of there ability to hit a specific release date on anything so tying Monsters to October the 31st or even around there seems like a mistake. When would the 7'' be ready?..... June?

The music box that plays a melody from another song is probably something we already have anyway. But on the slight chance If it was something unexpected, then I guess the intro notes from Atlas might lend themselves well to a music box, but they would actually have to drop the song officially in some way for that to make sense.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I love that I've followed the band for so frickin' long now that the possibility of them releasing something new on a musical box doesn't strike me as out of character for them :lol:

I await the release of all the Chinese era demos via a series of limited edition wax cylinders. 

Edited by Seb91
  • Haha 1

Another new smashing pumpkins album! reunited a year after GnR, a single, a double a treble and now another 90s classic sounding release. Sure the triple album sucked, but if only gnr released as often

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I love the new pumpkins release (today) - its almost like Billy Corgans Chinese democracy in some way - not many hooks, but very interesting music, almost prog, very heavy and some Tool influences as well. 

Did not like the last triple album by the way

3 hours ago, betterman said:

I love the new pumpkins release (today) - its almost like Billy Corgans Chinese democracy in some way - not many hooks, but very interesting music, almost prog, very heavy and some Tool influences as well. 

Did not like the last triple album by the way

agree, listened twice through, it reminds me of gish era meets tool. the past 2 releases (cyr and atum) were synthy nonsense but this is a real return to form

17 hours ago, EvanG said:

It sounds nothing like classic 90s Pumpkins. 

Sounds very gish era, mixed in with some tool. It's not going to sound like tonight tonight. But songs like XYU and where boys fear to tread wouldn't be out of place. riff heavy proggy with his modern vocal.

Edited by JimiRose

1 hour ago, JimiRose said:

Sounds very gish era, mixed in with some tool. It's not going to sound like tonight tonight. But songs like XYU and where boys fear to tread wouldn't be out of place. riff heavy proggy with his modern vocal.

There have been riff based guitar songs on every post-2000 Pumpkins record. Even the heavily influenced synth records had a few heavier guitar songs on it. What makes it not classic 90s Pumpkins anymore is the lack of hooks in the vocal melodies. The 90s stuff had a lot of hooks. I don’t dislike the guitar or drums on this record, still some inspiring stuff here and there, but I listened to the record three times now and I can hardly recall any vocal melodies. Nothing memorable and that’s a shame because they’ve always been one of my favourite bands.

Tyler's fairytale farewell being ripped away from him and Aerosmith and the impact that band has had on Guns, should give them some pause...

They won't be here forever and the chance to do it, is no guarantee past 60...If Axl cares at all, sooner rather than later has to be the mantra....

I don't hold breath these days.....

• Like 2

3 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

Yea....kinda emotional to post this. Guns should get a move on, tomorrow is NOT promised! Imagine though, if Axl last ever performance still sounded this good. Last ever "Dream On" (it seems) with Tyler pushing through coughing up blood during this....that's a true rock N roll titan...I hope he can still do studio work and alter to live solo work in new vocal keys....but may be too damaged? Here's to one of the greatest rock voices ever! Raising 🍻

Joe Perry said Tyler has couple of new songs in the back pocket, so they could hopefully still do some studio recording.

36 minutes ago, gunsnchalupas said:

The song leaking on the jukebox was completely on brand. It's the reason I stick around these GNR forums. It's more the journey. There was nothing better than reading personal accounts of people abandoning their obligations at home to drive 50km to the nearest bar with a compatible jukebox in order to confirm if Robin Finck's solo was still in tact. 

The best part of it all is that it's not intentional. They didn't sit down in a marketing meeting and decide it would be cool to secretly drop the song on jukeboxes so GNR fans had to leave the house. It's just the way it happens with this band. 

I agree, I played it 3 or more times at the same bar visit. Still do with The General and sometimes Hard Skool. 

As far as the journey, yes, the real CD2 are the friends we made along the way!

As a side note, and slightly related, I picked up the Jersey Jack Guns N' Roses Not In This Lifetime Limited Edition pinball machine (the middle tier of three models, the red one) this weekend. I come from a family that loves pinball, and so far, this is the best machine I've played. It's absolutely insane, probably helps I'm a GN'R fan, but it's also intense and beautiful. JJP impressed me when I played their Wizard of Oz machine in Vegas. I knew I had to have the Guns one after playing the Standard Edition at an arcade near me. Also, it is inclusive of CD material, which is great. In fact, they feature parts of Robin's This I Love solo throughout the game as well. On that machine, they only have 4 Guns albums, because that's technically how many full albums they released. (I guess they don't consider Lies an album, nor TSI since it's covers) Maybe they included CD so it wouldn't look dumb with only three albums? Slash was heavily involved in the game. The band also talks to you, it's so cool. The CD songs you can play in full during the song mode are CD, Better, and This I Love. I would LOVE it if they added more songs, but since the theme is NITL, they probably won't include songs like The General, Absurd, etc. since those were in a different tour. Would be cool though! Lots of great footage of the band too on the screens, and some Easter eggs with behind the scenes footage. 

This fun pinball has occupied a lot of my time, also plan on tasteful mods, and needs some repairs too (all pinballs break, even new ones), I won't be posting as much on here for a while. All I need now is a GF, then you will hardly see posts about Bucket and Robin being on new Guns singles. :P 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2