The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

36 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I thought a straw man is an an intentionally misrepresented proposition that is set up because it is easier to defeat than an opponent's real argument. Whatever it means, I think you know what I mean when I say that I think it's a factually incorrect argument. Because I think it's safe to say that there's a lot more repetitive complaining about the same thing than complaining about the complaining going on here. I can understand both are annoying. For me this is maybe the 3rd time I let myself fall into this discussion again in the last few years because I barely post here nowadays, mainly because of the repetitive complaining. But this time I sincerely expressed myself about how I don't understand the point of repetition, maybe trying to understand where it comes from for once, but I still don't. 

It’s not a strawman because he isn’t misrepresenting your position, he’s making a positive claim that might be false “there is as many people complaining about the complaint as people complaining about gnr” is not a misrepresentation of your argument, it’s an argument on its own wouldn’t you agree? 
as I said anytime I see complaint usually people complain about it, so I kind of agree with him on ven tho I suppose it’s more people complaining about the music than the people complaining about the complaint.

2 minutes ago, EvanG said:

If they release Monsters and Atlas Shrugged in 2024, I'm happy. Not likely, though.

It depends on where i look at it from, from one point of view they are not in their prime and I’m ok with band at that stage not putting out much stuff, on the other hand they could have put out an album for years now. The most annoying things about the output is that we know for sure that there is ready to go material, if we didn’t know about it I feel like we would be less annoyed. 

48 minutes ago, Lelex95 said:

It’s not a strawman because he isn’t misrepresenting your position, he’s making a positive claim that might be false “there is as many people complaining about the complaint as people complaining about gnr” is not a misrepresentation of your argument, it’s an argument on its own wouldn’t you agree? 
as I said anytime I see complaint usually people complain about it, so I kind of agree with him on ven tho I suppose it’s more people complaining about the music than the people complaining about the complaint.

dude, I don't care. I'm not gonna debate technicalities with you. He says something that is factually incorrect, that is what I reacted to, whether or not the term ''straw man'' is valid in that context is not relevant to me because my point remains. There's far more complaining about the band than people complaining about complaining, so it's a bad argument.

22 minutes ago, axljungle said:

Plus State Of Grace, could be great

Definitely. I really like that one as well.

Edited by EvanG
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, EvanG said:

dude, I don't care. I'm not gonna debate technicalities with you. He says something that is factually incorrect, that is what I reacted to, whether or not the term ''straw man'' is valid in that context is not relevant to me because my point remains. There's far more complaining about the band than people complaining about complaining, so it's a bad argument.

Definitely. I really like that one as well.

You are not gonna argue about technicalities but you answered to that comment and ignored the one about the actual band output? 
I agree, too much time already spent arguing over arguing. 

8 minutes ago, Lelex95 said:

You are not gonna argue about technicalities but you answered to that comment and ignored the one about the actual band output? 
I agree, too much time already spent arguing over arguing. 

what one about the actual band output?

1 hour ago, Free Bird said:

I can’t follow anymore.
So, complaining about complaining is ok, while just complaining is annoying? Or is complaining about complaining as bad as complaining itself? What about complaining about people who are complaining about others complaining? And what the fuck happens more often on here? I think this is a very important question. We should clear some things up.

I wanted to throw that in earlier, because the poster who reacted is always complaining about people who complain about people who are constantly complaining. And I scrolled back, in this thread alone, the ratio from last year is 7:8:652.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Free Bird said:

I can’t follow anymore.
So, complaining about complaining is ok, while just complaining is annoying? Or is complaining about complaining as bad as complaining itself? What about complaining about people who are complaining about others complaining? And what the fuck happens more often on here? I think this is a very important question. We should clear some things up.

are you complaining about complaining about complaining? :P

• Haha 3
  • Wow 1

Haha oh jesus! Is this what's come to....

The good old bot voiced Rockumentary Channel is suggesting we save Axl's voice by machine learning of his classic 80s era howl....and then using it in real time live over his vocals....

Yea who's paying to go see that?  🫣

Also suggesting we get "new" GNR music made by A I.....

Welcome to 2024 baby....

May as well wait for that Abbatar version of GNR 

If this is what we're suggesting, maybe it is time to retire....

It's kinda a shame Jon Bon Jovi and Axl are frienemies...he could of given Axl his doctors #

• Haha 1