The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

On 8/12/2024 at 3:18 PM, EvanG said:

Everyone is allowed to complain and whine as much as they want, but still no one has answered me what the point is. Especially when it’s the same complaint over and over. Because that’s what I’m referring to, not valid criticism. Is it going to change anything? Is Axl going to read it and think… they’re right, I will change my way. What is the point of coming here just to copy and paste the same thing (Axl sucks, GnR sucks) for the umpteenth time. I don’t think there is a point, people just love to whine online, it’s the world we live in now. So knock yourself out and good luck with that.

Oh, if only we could find some example of someone who spends decades whining about someone else, how cool *I* am and how awful *you* are...

You forgot about the others you were fighting for You're all alone
Ooh, sold out to the ones that you once ignored You're all alone now
You used to be a little crazy, now there's so much more You're all alone

---

All in good faith I would not hesitate To extend myself and lend you my hand
But you had to play it cool, had to do it your way Had to be a fool, had to throw it all away
---

Syphilitic priestess baby, I know who you are
---

I won't ask of you What I would not do
Oh, I saw the damage in you My fortunate one
---

No matter how I try They say it's all a lie
So what's the use of my confessions to a crime Of passions that won't die In my heart
So if she's somewhere near me I hope to God she hears me
There's no one else Could ever make me feel I'm so alive
---

For the many times, what seemed like a memory
I searched and found the ways, you used to lure me in
Oh, I found the ways, oh, why it had to be Mired in denial and so afraid
---

I bet you think I'm doing this all for my health
I should've looked again babe at somebody else
Feelin' like I'm done way more than wrong Feelin' like I'm livin' inside of this song
Feelin' like I'm just too tired to care Feelin' like I done more than my share
---

You like to hurt me You know that you do
You like to think In some way That it's me An not you
(But we know that isn't true)
---

All my salvation and all my frustration Caught in the lies
And if your at home as well Somewhere in time Where only I can tell Ooooh
---

Sometimes I feel like My life's a catastrophe
Can't understand why It seems like it has to be
Sometimes I feel like It's all opened up for me
Nothing's impossible I am inconquerable
---

Cause what used to be's Not there for me
And ought to for someone That belongs… Insane… Like I do Oh, no Not at all
---

Lonely teardrops ooh Are callin' you But I don't want to know it now
Cause knowin' you It won't change a damn thing
---

*you're the only one i have ever loved that has ever loved me *and now you got the best of me
---

You know I tried so hard to make you Oh, to make you change your mind
And it hurts too much to see you And how you left yourself behind
You know I wouldn't want to be you Oh, now there's a hell I can't describe
---

I never wanted you to be so full of anger (anger)
I never wanted you to be somebody else
I never wanted you to be someone afraid to know themselves
I only wanted you to see things for yourself
---

Don't ever try to tell me How much you care for me
Don't ever try to tell me  How you were there for me
---

Cause it would take a lot more hate than you to end the fascination Even with your iron fist
More than you got to rule the nation when all I've got is precious time
It don't really matter, I guess I'll keep it to myself
Said, it don't really matter, it's time I look around for somebody else
---

I was willing to be lost in the shuffle If only you had let me know
Ooh, well when we're done with the show
Like the tides down on the ocean The waves already set in motion
The only one in the game who's lost is you

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, ChrisW said:

Lonely teardrops ooh Are callin' you But I don't want to know it now

Cause knowin' you It won't change a damn thing

Best part in the best song ever written by Axl after UYI.

Edited by ©GnrPersia
  • Like 1

Perhaps after 414 pages, it is time to accept the reality that there will never be a new GNR album.  There may be some single releases and maybe an EP but you are delusional if you think there will ever be a new full length album of new (or newish) material.

10 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

Perhaps after 414 pages, it is time to accept the reality that there will never be a new GNR album.  There may be some single releases and maybe an EP but you are delusional if you think there will ever be a new full length album of new (or newish) material.

I don't think Axl will ever record vocals for entirely new songs, but I do believe we will get a new album of CD era music at some point. Just because it takes years doesn't mean it won't happen. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

I don't think Axl will ever record vocals for entirely new songs, but I do believe we will get a new album of CD era music at some point. Just because it takes years doesn't mean it won't happen. 

To be fair we a third way there already, probably we gonna get two/four new singles during the next tour. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Lelex95 said:

To be fair we a third way there already, probably we gonna get two/four new singles during the next tour. 

According to Slash, we have a max of 2 potential new ChiDem songs that will be released. Axl is obviously not going to release old ChiDem songs that haven't been reworked by Slash & Duff.

19 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

I really hope we never get an album containing Absurd, Hardschool, Perhaps, The General, Monsters, Atlas etc

It would just be a sad final chapter for the band if this b side garbage was their last album. 

Monsters = good tho

Hardskool and Perhaps are more than good enough for a classic style GnR album, with monsters. Atlas is also a great song. I'll always maintain if we had all 6 released together as part of a 10-12 song and mixed cohesively then the reaction would have been much better than being drip fed 1 at a time. 

Mentally people expect each song to be a great single and standalone quality. Which obviously absurd and the general are not. But if general led into monsters at the end of the album and absurd was after a couple of softer songs to kick the flow of an album back into gear, then they'd be enjoyed way more. 

The way they have chosen to release these songs was the absolute worst way possible they could have chosen. There's a reason no other band does it this way. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

Hardskool and Perhaps are more than good enough for a classic style GnR album, with monsters. Atlas is also a great song. I'll always maintain if we had all 6 released together as part of a 10-12 song and mixed cohesively then the reaction would have been much better than being drip fed 1 at a time. 

Mentally people expect each song to be a great single and standalone quality. Which obviously absurd and the general are not. But if general led into monsters at the end of the album and absurd was after a couple of softer songs to kick the flow of an album back into gear, then they'd be enjoyed way more. 

The way they have chosen to release these songs was the absolute worst way possible they could have chosen. There's a reason no other band does it this way. 

Exactly, I think if we got something like 

1 hard skool 

2 atlas shrugged 

3 perhaps 

4 absurd

5 oh my god 

6 state of grace 

7 eyes on you 

8 the general 

9 monsters 

I’d be honestly very happy. 
Not only do I agree that songs like absurd would be better appreciated, I believe the filler on this album would be better than some of the fillers in uyi

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

You’re not wrong, but the trouble is, I expect something more from GN’R; not a song that, if placed correctly/wisely, could be considered to be quite good. Thing is, this is what we’ve gotten used to, in this parched desert. The first "comeback" single, and they come up with Silkworms. Who woulda thunk 20 yrs ago if you’d told them the big two would mend fences in 2016. 
As for Perhaps, not a bad song, but again, rather mediocre for GN’R. It’s not my fault they’ve set the bar this high in the past! 
HS is good, though, and Monsters the best so far. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 1

While we are in this down time for gnr tours and no new official music releases, wouldn't it be awesome if someone or the chairman himself, just shadow dropped more or all the songs/demo's with lyrics from the instrumental tracks we heard ? It would certainly lift the emptiness the band is leaving, an something we fans can rock out too, dissect/complain on here lol about and just bring some joy to the real suffering an starved hard core fans miss 😀 

(Can you tell I just listened to me and my Elvis today, after months of not hearing any locker leaks in my random shuffle playlist) 🤦🤣🤘

Monsters is a top tier GNR tune to my lugs. It would quite comfortably slot into my top 5 and is confirmation, along with what I've heard from the Village Sessions that Axl has had enough material for decades to make another great Guns N' Roses album. The execution of these singles are disappointingly disjointed in terms of the mix/mastering, but it is what it is and it's certainly better than nothing. 

I'm really looking forward to hearing Axl's efforts on this Schenker record - if the pipes are there, then I'd be all for the guys working on something from scratch, though it would be a travesty for the Chinese era songs to lay dormant. I'd also like to see what working with a new producer could do for the band, the likes of Andrew Watt has galvanized the Stones and McCartney among others, there will be someone out there who could definitely do likewise for GNR - so long as they're active, there's a chance of it happening despite being incredibly unlikely.

• GNFNR 1

22 hours ago, Gnrcane said:

1414** 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 8/16/2024 at 1:59 PM, Gnrcane said:

I agree. I do find it bizarre that people think there is enough material left with vocals to firm an 'album' and that they even have the ability to put it together and get it out. Look at the mess of his the singles were put out, downloads with zero promotion, band members not even commenting on them, the physical versions delayed and appearing to little fanfare months on etc. 

On 8/16/2024 at 8:29 PM, 2020_Intensions said:

According to Slash, we have a max of 2 potential new ChiDem songs that will be released. Axl is obviously not going to release old ChiDem songs that haven't been reworked by Slash & Duff.

Atlas and Monsters will be next then. 

On 8/14/2024 at 1:02 PM, axljungle said:

Plus State Of Grace, could be great

I get the feeling State of Grace either got dropped along the way like Eye on You or morphed into something else. 

However it wouldn't surprise me if they used the vocals from State or tried reworking it with such little other vocally complete songs in the can. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

I do find it bizarre that people think there is enough material left with vocals to firm an 'album'

Why is is "bizarre"?

We know the following songs have vocals: Absurd, Perhaps, Atlas Shrugged, The General, Monsters and Hard Skool. That's more than half an album already. Then it is not unlikely that State of Grace, Quicksong and Zodiac 13++ got finished vocals in the sessions that took place after Village (when vocals were added to songs like Better and Scraped). So why is it "bizarre"?

10 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

I get the feeling State of Grace either got dropped along the way like Eye on You or morphed into something else. 

You base your beliefs on feelings? That's bizarre.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Why is is "bizarre"?

We know the following songs have vocals: Absurd, Perhaps, Atlas Shrugged, The General, Monsters and Hard Skool. That's more than half an album already. Then it is not unlikely that State of Grace, Quicksong and Zodiac 13++ got finished vocals in the sessions that took place after Village (when vocals were added to songs like Better and Scraped). So why is it "bizarre"?

You base your beliefs on feelings? That's bizarre.

Okay maybe not bizarre, more how this band can give us scraps and last released an album 16 years ago but people hold out year after year believing something is coming eventually. At what point do you give up genuinely believing a full new album is coming?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rumandraisin said:

Okay maybe not bizarre, more how this band can give us scraps and last released an album 16 years ago but people hold out year after year believing something is coming eventually. At what point do you give up genuinely believing a full new album is coming?

I think people will still hold hope till it’s humanely possible. 

On 8/17/2024 at 9:27 AM, JimiRose said:

That's not a new album. Outside of them re-recording the already released songs. 

I don't know but I'd be so disappointed if they released a new album that was just the mostly crap songs they've already released. 

New album or nothing. Nothing that is already officially released (several years ago) should be included on a new album

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rumandraisin said:

At what point do you give up genuinely believing a full new album is coming?

When it becomes unlikely.

People almost gave up before the release of UYIs, some people gave up before the release of CD, some people give up now, too. But if there is one thing I have learnt about Axl is that he does things very slowly. The last we heard form him he seemed to be interested in releasing a new album, and Slash has sort-of confirmed this. I see no reason to think things have changed just because it takes a long time. Additionally, releasing an album now is low-effort since, assumingly, the songs are done, AND it would to a large extent vindicate the costs of the CD sessions and his efforts. Sorry, I became rational there for a while - obviously Axl knows no rhyme or reason so rationality has nothing to do with this. But again, at the moment all we have from him is him saying he wants to release more, and Slash gave us insight into their plans. Until they say something to the contrary I see no reason to believe it won't happen.

• Like 1