The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

22 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

And in another interview:

While Duff didn't talk too much about his time during Guns N' Roses, he did mention that 'something is in the pipeline' and that fans can expect something soon. Although, he didn't specify whether it's going to be a new record or a tour.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/this-song-saved-life-guns-29878997

>Insert Michael Scott GIF here...again<

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ollster42 said:

He said "sooner"

Soon is the F'N word!

Yeah boiiiiiiii :axl:

Rather than later...didn't he mean later rather than sooner? 😵

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

So... Monsters to coincide with the 2025 tour? :shrugs:

Or end of next month with Halloween merch? 😜👿🎃

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

And in another interview:

While Duff didn't talk too much about his time during Guns N' Roses, he did mention that 'something is in the pipeline' and that fans can expect something soon. Although, he didn't specify whether it's going to be a new record or a tour.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/this-song-saved-life-guns-29878997

I think by that wording it sounds more like product, if we can expect "something"...🤞

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

So... Monsters to coincide with the 2025 tour? :shrugs:

Monsters / Atlas...

There may be a small whole album worth of these, as it turns out. Slash did say in an interview around 2021/22 that he wasn't sure how the album would come about and in what format they'd do it ...would it be released as singles until a full albums worth was out, he alluded to...

So one wonders if he said, knowing he already had 10 tracks(ISH) reworked in the can....

🤷

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Ollster42 said:

He said "sooner"

Soon is the F'N word!

Yeah boiiiiiiii :axl:

2 hours ago, jamillos said:

Well thank god, I was almost beginning to worry. We've shifted to a comparative now. Sooner! 

It was a joke bro i am aware that “sooner rather than later” loosely translates to “in 2 years”

9 hours ago, tony adler said:

Just listened to ‘ love to love you ‘ radio edit , Axl’s voice sounds very strong and closer to the old voice ( great song too !!!!!!)🤟🌹

Axl has always been known as the man of many different voices, perhaps more changes than any other rock singer....both live and especially in the studio...

4 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

It’s gonna be real funny when we’re revisiting this thread in 2027 after the “We’re F”N Back Again Again For Real” tour and Duff and Slash give the same exact interview answers regarding a new GNR album :rofl-lol:

The new album is gonna be released....posthumously....isn't it? 😜

He's clearly just alluding to the monsters and B side (most likely Atlas) release which will come during the 2025 tour. They don't need to wait. what are they waiting for? there's no logical reason to not just release these now. they will have absolutely zero bearing on the ticket sales, and in both of the previous tours, they released the first single halfway through the tour and the second at the end, so they literally had no relevance to the tour promotion anyway.

So it's just another pathetic 'soon, maybe, i hope so, let's see' non answer of an issue that should have long since died.  

10 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

Halloween tree for the win!

I wonder if they are looking at the analytics and figuring that they need to be more aggressive with their advertising of new material so peole actually listen to it... or will it be business as usual. Probably the latter, but one can hope. I personally don't see any great benefit to Gnr in drip releasing 1 song every 2 years. Good to hear something, but in terms of business it would be a lot better for them if it was say every 2 months (depending how much material I available). OR just release it all at once on an album with the 3-4 singles in the 3 months before the  release date. 

12 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

Sooner rather than later doesn’t mean much when you’re in a band with Axl Rose. Sooner could easily be a decade and still be true.

• Like 1