The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

9 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Sp1at says slash will be recording a new SMKC album now, and then GnR hits the studio after that, but in the meantime, there’s more CD leftovers and a GnR tour planned for 2025.

Sp1at said specifically "new music" don't know if this means more CD reworked songs or new songs, that's something I ask after but he did not answer yet

59 minutes ago, Dani_1455 said:

Sp1at said specifically "new music" don't know if this means more CD reworked songs or new songs, that's something I ask after but he did not answer yet

He said 'new music' in quotes, which would imply more CD songs... :shrugs:

Honestly I'm not even expecting Atlas... wouldn't be surprised if they wait until the end of 2025 to drop Monsters and just use a live track as the b-side.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, gavgnr said:

I’ll bet Axl felt compelled to release one track. I bet he wasn’t over the moon about his vocals on Love to Love, because that’s just who he is.

Just wish he’d say ‘fuck it’ sometimes and put stuff out

Yeah but it's easy to see why he might be hesitant given the level of criticism everything he does gets, add on top of that reports of anxiety (not confirmed)  and being aware of his current limitations and social medias appetite for bashing at every opportunity.

Yeah it would be nice if he could just go do things and let go of it, but I suppose you would need to be in his position to understand why that isn't the case.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Barlog said:

We're super lucky that at least Love To Love is out, even despite the questionable vocal performance.

I wouldn’t say it’s questionable. It sounds different because he, again, layered his vocals, which is why everything takes so fucking long with him 😂.  Don’t know why he always feels the need to do this on EVERY song. 

The first 15 listens didn’t do anything for me but the more I listen to it now side by side with the original there’s so much more I begin to notice. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Yeah but it's easy to see why he might be hesitant given the level of criticism everything he does gets, add on top of that reports of anxiety (not confirmed)  and being aware of his current limitations and social medias appetite for bashing at every opportunity.

I hear ya, but by all accounts Axl was the same prior to the Illusions’ release. Working on stuff right to the 11th hour. He said later that he felt the Illusions suffered as he caved into pressure to (paraphrasing) just put the thing out. So, I don’t think his current vocal abilities have anything to do with his reluctance to ‘let music go.’ Schenker himself said that the dude is a perfectionist. 

It could be that he wants to include some new songs on the album as well, not just the CD demos and possibly the older (90s) stuff. And that may take a while to write. Duff did say they have new tunes as well after all. 
Plus, what are ya gonna write about, a multi-millionaire in your mansion, living with a nanny and her family, lying around the pool with a margarita in your hand? There’s that, too. But what do I know. 

19 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Sp1at says slash will be recording a new SMKC album now, and then GnR hits the studio after that, but in the meantime, there’s more CD leftovers and a GnR tour planned for 2025.

calmly guys, there's no rush. we've benne waiting for 33 years, we can wait other 5/6 years..

we're all immortal, of course

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, kingcanyon said:

so if we're being optimistic late 2026?

haha. these will not materialise. it's 2024, they made up in 2015 and we're looking at maybe late 2026 for an album. :facepalm: That leaves two years for more delays to get in the way.. and not sure this 'Splat' has been that reliable lately. 

On 9/23/2024 at 12:39 AM, DannyVinyard said:

He sounds a million times better on Love to Love than he has the past few years of touring. So, the reverse should be asked, why keep touring and sounding like Mickey when you sound much better in studio (processed or not) and can release tons of great music?

Because touring is a lot more lucrative than releasing music.

Would you work hard on releasing music if that doesn't earn you that much? Just because a few die hard fans whine about it?

Edited by Lethalis
  • Like 1

On 9/23/2024 at 12:28 AM, colonizedmind said:

It's usually the other way round...on stage live, you can't hide much....in the studio in 2024 you can just about make anything happen, still! 

In the studio everyone listens very closely to what you are doing.

On stage your voice is only a part of the whole experience.

I mean, I have posted here quite a bit on the Mickey voice, but the thing is that I always had hopes things would be different in the studio. So if studio recordings suck as well (to my ears at least), then there isn't much left, is there?

I think it's very unlikely that the band will release something this year. All of the recent releases were during the tour, not even after they announced and started to sell tickets, like a normal band would do. 

Of course, anything is possible. The General was released at the very end of the last tour, which is also stupid lol. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, jamillos said:

Don’t wanna wrong anyone, but I’ve noticed this pattern long ago where someone somewhere was kind of right once or twice 15 years ago and ever since, they occasionally mysteriously announce something, yet it seldom pans out. It’s usually connected with circumstances such as that they claim something and then disappear for hours, if not days, undoubtedly living off the energy of the remaining poor users’ speculation and nervous awaiting further comments from these guys as if they were in the band themselves or could see behind the curtain. 
When it rarely happens to concern some actual piece of music (like a small mp3 leak), they also disappear for hours or days, only to come back and say they’d love to upload it but it’s on their cousin’s brother’s grandma’s friend’s computer in Louisiana and they’re not gonna have access to the said computer for a week or two... never to come back with anything. 

So whoever this is, there might be something to it (the tour is all but confirmed after all), but let’s take it with a grain of salt, as usual. The GNR fandom truly attracts all kinds of people, doesn’t it. Well, I blame Axl (and TB)! 

Reminds me of the Eye On You 'leak' last year. From a source you would have every reason to believe would know better and yet it was nonsense.

10 hours ago, gavgnr said:

I hear ya, but by all accounts Axl was the same prior to the Illusions’ release. Working on stuff right to the 11th hour. He said later that he felt the Illusions suffered as he caved into pressure to (paraphrasing) just put the thing out. So, I don’t think his current vocal abilities have anything to do with his reluctance to ‘let music go.’ Schenker himself said that the dude is a perfectionist. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm with you. When it's done let it go, don't wait and think about it and tinker with it in search of this perfect version... but to some done = perfect.

On 9/22/2024 at 4:01 PM, Lethalis said:

I'm starting to think he can't.

Axl doesn't like hearing his own voice anymore. Just look at how much time his Michael Schenker contribution took... and then the result which is questionable. It's not horrible, but not great either. And super processed.

What if Axl thinks the same? What if he knows, but he just can't physically do it anymore, because his voice is screwed?

What would you do?

On stage he has backup singers and a lot of noise to camouflage what we all know. But when you're at a concert it doesn't matter much. The atmosphere and energy is great, people enjoy it, GNR makes money, everybody's happy.

But in the studio you can't hide.

Why risk killing your career when you can keep touring?

At this point I KNOW that he is vocally compromised and would absolutely have challenges with a new recording. If he'd worked on something 7-8 years ago, it would have been different. Regardless, morern technology can help smooth out the rough edges.  Where can I hear that new recording with Michael Schenker?

Edited by Tyson