The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

41 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

How is that not real?

In their defense, if this track leaked several weeks prior to the set scheduled release date, I'd assume it was AI as well. 

I believe their point is how bad the processing (or whatever the correct term is) of what they did to Axl's vocal track. Under whatever they did, I believe Axl put down a great lead vocal track, which was negatively impacted during production. :( I still enjoy the song, mostly because the instrumental, the production of the vocals takes me out of the experience, it's distracting. 

I never thought production would be an issue with the CD2 singles either, but they are present on all 4 of them in some form, Perhaps being the best of the 4 in production quality. It's almost like they are some amateur band trying to figure out how to mix their songs in Audacity. Whatever form the eventual new album takes, I hope they have professionals handle the mixing and mastering. An album full of songs produced like The General and Hard Skool would be obnoxious. Mix it like TSI, or like CD (with louder bass guitar). 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cosmo said:

If that Michael Schenker track with Axl is real, than I actually prefer they don’t release new tracks. It’d be humiliating. That track I heard is Vince Neil level of bad. 

You really feel that it's that bad? 

After various listens, I still wish Axl had not used that effect on his voice. Even the wife said that it sounds weird when she heard parts of it. The vocal track itself has the perfect mixture of softness, hurt and longing which fits that song (that I didn't really know before). That "scream" at the end going right into the solo is also cool, but why oh why did he feel the need to computerize his voice?

5 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I believe their point is how bad the processing (or whatever the correct term is) of what they did to Axl's vocal track. Under whatever they did, I believe Axl put down a great lead vocal track, which was negatively impacted during production. :( I still enjoy the song, mostly because the instrumental, the production of the vocals takes me out of the experience, it's distracting. 

Yes, totally agreed.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

In their defense, if this track leaked several weeks prior to the set scheduled release date, I'd assume it was AI as well. 

I never thought production would be an issue with the CD2 singles either, but they are present on all 4 of them in some form, Perhaps being the best of the 4 in production quality. It's almost like they are some amateur band trying to figure out how to mix their songs in Audacity. Whatever form the eventual new album takes, I hope they have professionals handle the mixing and mastering. An album full of songs produced like The General and Hard Skool would be obnoxious. Mix it like TSI, or like CD (with louder bass guitar). 

Reading this post reminds me how great the production on AFD, the acoustic side of Lies, TSI, and CD all are. The new version of November Rain has great mixing too. Can’t ever take all that away from the band, at least.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cosmo said:

Idk, I just listened to the track. Read nothing about it. It’s so bad it could be AI or an imitator of some sorts.

It is so weird to read statements like this. It is an Axl vocal take where he sounds exactly like himself with some reverb or something on top of it. Doesn't people know what Axl sounds like? 

Edited by SoulMonster
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

It is so weird to read statements like this. It is an Axl vocal take where he sounds exactly like himself with some reverb or something on top of it. Don't people know what Axl sounds like? 

i've never seen axl in this kind of auto-tune sounding mix... omg vocals has A LOT of effects on it, but it doesnt sound robotic like love to love

1 minute ago, Duwz said:

i've never seen axl in this kind of auto-tune sounding mix... omg vocals has A LOT of effects on it, but it doesnt sound robotic like love to love

Yeah, I don't hear the autotune nor "robotics" at all :lol: Funny how no reviewer comment on this if it is so distinct.

Edited by SoulMonster
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

7 hours ago, Lethalis said:

Because touring is a lot more lucrative than releasing music.

Would you work hard on releasing music if that doesn't earn you that much? Just because a few die hard fans whine about it?

This.

Bands used to tour in order to sell their albums. There was no money in touring (which is why tickets were so cheap). The money made was from album sales.  Today the roles are flipped. You can blame Ticketmaster/Live Nation and the rise of digital releases. 

14 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

This.

Bands used to tour in order to sell their albums. There was no money in touring (which is why tickets were so cheap). The money made was from album sales.  Today the roles are flipped. You can blame Ticketmaster/Live Nation and the rise of digital releases. 

I hear ya, but bands have gotten clever in terms of maximising returns from new albums. Special editions, different artwork etc. 

34 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

This.

This is just another GnR excuse.  Taylor Swift tours non stop and just released a double album of really good music.  Greenday tours and releases music, the stones...., metallica....  thay ALL do except our band

24 minutes ago, fabrph5 said:

This is just another GnR excuse.  Taylor Swift tours non stop and just released a double album of really good music.  Greenday tours and releases music, the stones...., metallica....  thay ALL do except our band

dude, gnr isn't even close to that woman in terms of potential album sales lol

3 hours ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

This.

But! Gnr don't want to be called a nostalgia band. So, they either eat the loss of spending months in the studio, not seeing the old fashioned huge pay day albums used to be OR they accept the title of nostalgia band and just keep doing the constant touring on the back of AFD/UYI and fire out the odd new single with zero promotion every few years that even the die hard fans are struggling to love/like.

I think there's an album in them that can grab that no 1 spot for a week, and they can write some songs critics won't tear apart. I don't see them having mainstream radio play like A song from Dua lipa or artist like that though, I think gnr's days of ruling the airwaves is narrowed to classic rock shows.

I don't really see s brand new album happening but they are capable and Axl is definitely capable of sounding like old Axl in the studio.

10 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

What's weird is not being able to hear very blatant effects, or even acknowledge them. Yes, it sounds like a modern Axl vocal take... which has been filtered to hell. This is clearly different than what he did on CD songs, or OMG, it's not just 'some reverb' and it really is jarring enough to question whether it's AI at first listen. I'm not sure why this is hard for you to grasp.

How does anyone that is not a blind Axl nutswinger not acknowledge how much processing was done to the vocal tracks? Don’t get me wrong, it was nice to hear the old guy on something new. But his vocals are easily the worst on the album. 

• Like 1