The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

22 hours ago, Sweersa said:

Held up in customs. (Axl)

Most are dead or no longer interested, that's my guess. There's still stuff out there.

I disagree. I don’t think anyone has anything. I think the hoarded material was all in the Village stuff that leaked. 

Someone a couple years ago posted a “lyric” to Me & My Elvis, which has a 99.9% chance of be BS. But other than that I haven’t seen/heard anything to suggest anyone has anything.

2 minutes ago, Its Tino said:

I disagree. I don’t think anyone has anything. I think the hoarded material was all in the Village stuff that leaked. 

We had leaks of songs from several years before the Village leaks and mixes of songs that were post-Village (Better being an example, TWAT, CD, etc.), so that doesn't make any sense. The remixes too, and the most recent Monsters and The General. For the latter, the source is still unknown but of course they were recent mixes. 

A forum poster before the 2008 album came out posted lyrics to Sorry, so we know there's other stuff out there. 

Just now, Sweersa said:

We had leaks of songs from several years before the Village leaks and mixes of songs that were post-Village (Better being an example, TWAT, CD, etc.), so that doesn't make any sense. The remixes too, and the most recent Monsters and The General. For the latter, the source is still unknown but of course they were recent mixes. 

A forum poster before the 2008 album came out posted lyrics to Sorry, so we know there's other stuff out there. 

I meant as far as songs we haven’t already heard before the Village leaks. 

Just now, Its Tino said:

I meant as far as songs we haven’t already heard before the Village leaks. 

Ah, I see. We do have the leaked CD2 song list from January 2008, and Axl's 2008 forum chat that mentioned titles that were not included in the Village leaks by name. The CD2 list had Cuban Skies and Monstrocity, and Axl confirmed titles like Seven, Ides of March, etc. They worked on new songs that were not included in the Village leaks in any form, like This I Love and Scraped, so we know there's other stuff out there. 

Just now, Sweersa said:

Ah, I see. We do have the leaked CD2 song list from January 2008, and Axl's 2008 forum chat that mentioned titles that were not included in the Village leaks by name. The CD2 list had Cuban Skies and Monstrocity, and Axl confirmed titles like Seven, Ides of March, etc. They worked on new songs that were not included in the Village leaks in any form, like This I Love and Scraped, so we know there's other stuff out there. 

Oh I’m one of the few who believe Axl finished some of the instrumentals from the Village leaks and I believe CDII is/was completed. 

I just don’t think any “fans” have any of it! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Not been on this thread for a good while, but I presume nothing whatsoever has happened or changed?  

Easier to ask rather than scroll through pages and pages! 

I don't know when you were here the last time, but we have come that closer to a new album.

Edited by SoulMonster
  • Haha 1

On 9/29/2024 at 5:57 PM, gavgnr said:

We never seem to hear about people with unheard tracks anymore. Is there nothing else out there, or is it more likely the case that those with tracks aren’t the kind to frequent GnR forums?

Well they did come quite aggressively for Rick and the 2008 dude! So....is it worth it anymore? 

It's almost a certainty there's stuff out there or some kind...the same certainty that there's probably a fair amount in Axl / Geffen / Universal vault of stuff nobody has...

That Iron Mountain random showcase gives a good incling to that reality....

• Like 1

Imagine if the new album is titled Chinese Democracy II or 2. How crazy would that be? The word on the street back in 2010 was CD2 was to be a self-titled album "Guns N' Roses", with the material much like the 2008 album, where the core is Robin and Bucket, with Bumblefoot and Frank in some material. No DJ Ashba at that point, at least on that material, but DJ did record demos, and played on alt mixes of the 2008 stuff that was supposed to come with a CD re-issue. 

Now, in my fantasy land, I would have the next album be self titled as "Guns N' Roses" and be a combo of CD2 songs (the less reworked by the current lineup, the better, unless they were not finished from the CD era and need leads, bass, drums, etc.) and actual new songs. Properly mixed and mastered by professionals, and get decent to good promo, etc. Then the follow-up being called Guns N' Roses II, and so on and so forth. That would be neat, and will probably never happen. 

I don't think 2025 will be the year of a new album, I think we will get two new singles (one likely Monsters) and a tour similar to the last one with them adding the one or two new singles to the setlist. That is realistic. 

• Haha 1

My "worst case scenario" has become my fantasy land - Slash/Duff/Axl getting together to record a couple new songs and a cover to round out an album that's basically CD II.

I'd love new material in any form but I would rather have an album, cobbled together or not, rather than a bunch of stray sounding singles. At least for what will be their last release.

I’m starting to get a feeling we won’t get much new music next year, if any at all.

Slash referred to next year’s tour as a “summer tour,” and I just spoke to someone who might be connected to the music industry who says the tour is only gonna be “4 to 6 weeks, if everyone is healthy.”

Dont really see why they’d put out new music if they’re not gonna tour much anymore, but hopefully I’m wrong.

In hindsight, the 2023 tour did kinda feel like their last big push, didn’t it? With Axl saying “we’d like to thank our crew for these last seven years” at the last show and all.

Then again, in a separate interview, slash said “2025 will be all about Guns N’ Roses,” so who knows.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Thanks 1

If they drop Monsters, it will be nice to finally have a proper quality version of it. But I really wouldn't be surprised if they hold it back an extra year or two, I'm guessing next year they'll lean hard into the 40th anniversary... which means lots of ugly t-shirts and maybe some 'special' or smaller shows (like a run at the Sphere or something).

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

I’m starting to get a feeling we won’t get much new music next year, if any at all.

Slash referred to next year’s tour as a “summer tour,” and I just spoke to someone who might be connected to the music industry who says the tour is only gonna be “4 to 6 weeks, if everyone is healthy.”

Dont really see why they’d put out new music if they’re not gonna tour much anymore, but hopefully I’m wrong.

In hindsight, the 2023 tour did kinda feel like their last big push, didn’t it? With Axl saying “we’d like to thank our crew for these last seven years” at the last show and all.

Then again, in a separate interview, slash said “2025 will be all about Guns N’ Roses,” so who knows.

If everyone is healthy is the concerning part in all of that. 

But also, if the tour is 4-6 weeks and Slash is saying the year is all about GNR then you would have to assume either the tour is much more substantial or they are intending on recording.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

If they drop Monsters, it will be nice to finally have a proper quality version of it. But I really wouldn't be surprised if they hold it back an extra year or two, I'm guessing next year they'll lean hard into the 40th anniversary... which means lots of ugly t-shirts and maybe some 'special' or smaller shows (like a run at the Sphere or something).

Didn’t the people who run the sphere confirm that GnR reached out to them about potentially playing there next year?